Alert: Malware on bigsoccer? Help!!! (mods!!!)

Discussion in 'Technical Problems and Bug Reports' started by hadexxx, Aug 13, 2009.

1. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    today i treid accessing bigsoccer.com through google chrome and it would not let me get in and would display this information.

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
    The website at www.bigsoccer.com contains elements from the site xmediaclicks.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for xmediaclicks.com.
    Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.
    I understand that visiting this site may harm my computer.

Could the Mods please take a look at this and contact the administrator... the server hosting the site could be infected and spreading some kind of malicious program.

2. El Guero Sin Fe

Sep 27, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm getting the same warnings. Annoying

3. decrink

decrink New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Same here, what's going on?

4. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    The issue seems to be with one of the banner ads as best I can tell--I'm having the same problem.

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It migh be part of the same issue, but I'm noticing when I'm loading pages, it's taking a while to load a site called d1.openx.org and then it has a long string of letters and numbers and finishes with INSERT_RANDOM_NUMBER

6. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My connections through OpenDNS are blocking this ad site. :D

Could be a possible solution for all.

7. El Guero Sin Fe

Sep 27, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Still happening today.

8. Ecclesiastes2003

May 30, 2003
    Yeah Firefox tells me something like "reported attack site" with the banners. I like BigSoccer alot, but I like my computer to function properly even more, and it seems BigSoccer has had recent problems with malware/spyware and junk from ads, redirects to other sites, etc, until this gets fixed I'll be reluctant to visit this site.

9. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm another getting this ... i just wanna check my private messages....

10. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto... PLEASE getting this fixed! :(

11. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    It seems its the host of some banners on bigsoccer.

12. njndirish

njndirish Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Notre Dame, IN
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    having the same problem running safari

13. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I switched over from Safari to Firefox running adblocker, problem solved.

14. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Please end this now.

15. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know how to "opt out" of this warning>

16. BirdsonFire

BirdsonFire Member

May 9, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    try using privoxy with chrome

17. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Still happening with Safari

18. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i use IE7 at home, and i believe IE6 at work.

when i go from page to page and click the back button, it takes forever to load. then on the bottom left in the status bar, i see the xmediaclicks url.

i love bigsoccer, but if this is harmful, it sucks that i'll have to avoid this while at work. i know i should be working anyways, but bigsoccer is a nice escape during the day. :D

19. Slide Tackle

Slide Tackle Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm having the same problem with Safari. The site is unusable like this. I get the error message about 75% of the time whenever I switch pages. I love this site, but this is a big enough PITA to make me stop coming here.

20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I've been watching this thread for a few days because I've had the same issues as everybody else, but I just want to say that it sucks with IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.. It's not browser specific. It sucks with every browser. Most browsers block the element, but others slow to a crawl and some have warning pages. It makes the site nearly unusable.

21. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm using Firefox and just the banners/ads are blocked, no warnings or pop ups that I see. So when I open BS the banner or ad in question is replaced by a Firefox Security banner reading:

So I guess Firefox is doing its job because I'm not getting any pop up warnings, it's just blocking them.

22. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have 2 systems on my home network that I use to view BS. One I use IE7, the other I use FF 3.x. Neither system is giving me issues that are being reported. I also have my router configured to use OpenDNS and I really feel this is what is helping me, because I noticed it was telling me about issues with the xmediaclicks before this thread was created. You would be surprised how much smoother OpenDNS can be for you.

23. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm not having an issue either, but I just found out from someone in my forum that Ad Blocker Plus also does a good job of blocking unwanted ads.

I just installed that on top of SpyWare Blaster that I've been using for years (which uploads filters for me).

So it looks like there are a few options folks in order to avoid this annoyance, best of luck.

;)

24. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It can be easy to avoid(not so much on some work machines), but are there any legitimate issues with the ad?

25. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Yep it's very annoying.....

and as long as the particular banner ad that is hosted @ xmediaclicks keeps running here ............this problem isn't going away.........