Malta Football

Discussion in 'Other Countries' started by RED STRIPE MAGIC, Apr 13, 2007.

1. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    i hope we beat hungry today. or at least draw. we need some hope and a very strong defence. we are getting better and better as the years go by. malta as a nation needs more footballers to be playing in the top leagues of the world the more we can get in the stonger league the better we will become and the more games we as a nation will be able to win.........................

2. wogdog

wogdog New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    i am also in australia and i got the dvd of the malta vs hungary game at ta'qali stadium so if you want to borrow it to burn or just to watch it then tell me and ill send it to you. EJJA MALTA (COME ON MALTA)

3. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
  4. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    austria beat us 5 - 1. hope they are happy :(.

other news to mention is that Michael mifsud. malta's greatest player which they have ever produced is set to move away from coventry where he has been playing recently and have scored about 20 goals for them. he is wealth about 2 million ponds ands has rangers, sunderland and Birmingham all interested in him. hope he continues to do well.

5. WashingtonDiplomat

Jun 28, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hi guys:

I am of Maltese ancestry. Though born here in the US, my father was born in Sliema. Went bakc there a few years ago...loved it. The old man is a former soccer writer (Soccer America, Soccer Week) so if you have any links you can forward to me re: Maltese football, it would be appreciated.

6. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
  7. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    some updates this week in maltese football are.

Justin haber maltese international goal keeper is set to join Sheffield United. great news as this will futher improve his football and great for maltese football in general.

also Micheal Musfud was a chance to sign for Bristrol city however the coach changed his mind for some reason. maybe he think this player is too short and i hope he will look back in making this decison and found out that he made a very bad mistake in letting him go.

8. maltaman68

maltaman68 New Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Farmington, MI
    Hey all, I was born in the US but to Maltese Parents. I've been keeping an eye on the scores from Euro qualifying to the World Cup qualifying this year. Anyone think we have a chance to pick up some points in WC qualifying? It seems the team hasn't been playing as well as it did in the Euro qualifying.

9. cmedina1983

cmedina1983 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    California
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Born in Australia but with Maltese parents, here. I'm always interested to see how we're doing on the world stage. I was very happy with our draw in the Great Siege of Malta, 2008.

10. cpfcmazz

cpfcmazz New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Alright guys, I always watch Malta qualifiers on jumpTV qualifiers online. You pay like 3euros and you can watch the game live

11. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    I just finished reading Global and Local Football by Gary Armstrong and Jon P. Mitchell, all about Maltese football. Paints a fascinating if not that favorable picture. Any posters here familiar with this book and is the strong suggestion of corruption accurate?

12. maltaman68

maltaman68 New Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Farmington, MI
    Alright just throwing this out there..we all know Malta probably isn't going to qualify for a World Cup or Euro any time soon, if ever, but for those who actually follow Maltese football do you ever see a time where Malta starts to finish group stages at least in the middle of the pack instead of buried on the bottom of the group? A time where playing Malta isn't an easy task?

Personally I think it will take a lot of concentrated development mixed with some good coaching and maybe a few more players of Micheal Mifsuds caliber. I'd hope that would be within maybe the next 20 years!

13. THFC6061

THFC6061 Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Israel
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  14. euf00t

euf00t New Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Malta team reports

Pls, help to find line-ups of all matches of national football team of Malta after 1957 or at least in matches with Italy "C" on 18.06.1961 and 08.03.1964

Thanks!