Mallorca vs. Deportivo [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by Ramon Allones, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Ramon Allones

Ramon Allones Member

Feb 8, 2004
    This game will be televised on Gol Tv this Sunday. Depor needs to win the next two weeks against weak teams (Mallorca, Numancia) to help themselves. Any predictions on the line-up? I hope Munitis plays because he always causes trouble for the defense.

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    :cool: Someone else started a thread here :). I still don't have GolTV, so I'm envious of all of you. Anway, we always have trouble in Mallorca, I can't even remember the last time we won there, but three points is a must.

My predicted line-up:

Molina, M. Pablo, Cesar, Andrade, Romero, Sergio, Mauro Silva, Victor, Luque, Valeron, Tristan.

Back to our old reliable line-up, although it could be Pandiani instead of Tristan to show case him.

3. Sandeman

Sandeman New Member

Aug 14, 2003
  4. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A pretty entertaining game, especially in the second half. Luque scored two nice-ass goals to give us the lead twice, but both times Mallorca struck back with a great goal from a header. The game was even overall and either team could have pulled it off, but a draw is probably the fair result. Pretty disappointing though that we are still mid-table...

5. Ramon Allones

Ramon Allones Member

Feb 8, 2004
    analysis: Best players were Luque, Munitis (who gave the greatest effort of anyone).
    Worst player was Manuel Pablo.
    Tristan and Valeron need to play a lot better than they did today.

This was an interesting but fustrating game. I really expected Depor to get 3 points out of this game (I know they have a history of losing there but we should always expect to beat a team in 19th place). In the first half, the same problems of last year were evident. The defense could rarely link up with the midfield. They kept kicking the ball deep as if in a panic. Every time we could get the ball deep, we attacked on the right side with Munitis. There was no variation of attack. When we finally went to Luque in the second half, his speed (on his first real run) generated a goal.

Luque was upset (as he should be) when Jabo took him out after scoring two goals. His speed (and Munitis) was the only real life in our offense. Tristan had a great pass for the Luque score but he needs to be more active to try to create a turnover for a goal. It seems like he only touched the ball a few times the whole game. Valeron is my favorite player, but he needs to play better by spreading the ball around like he used to. When he lacks precision with the pass, his lack of pace slows down our attack.

6. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well at least it wasn't a loss. Taking 1 point from Mallorca isn't good, but considering our recent history there this could be considered okay.