Rood-Witten (& Blau) Malik Tillman at PSV America (olf Bayern Munich)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by CreightonMCFCjoey, Aug 18, 2015.

1. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #776 xbhaskarx, Feb 12, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    LOL least biased Celtic fan...

From the full video we can see:
    Full sequence of the Rangers-Partick Thistle incident

-Tillman gets his ankle stepped on
    -No red card or even yellow because Scotland
    -He's writhing in pain when the ball is kicked out, has no idea
    -He's back to playing hard and playing to the whistle as any pro should, while the crap Scottish defender takes some donkey touches and gives the ball away
    -He then clowns half the defense and does a great job with his finishing because he's a demigod relative to these bums
    -The goalkeeper shoves him down to the ground with two hands and faces no punishment because Scotland
    -Tillman's reaction at the two minute mark makes it obvious he has no idea what the problem even is
    -A bunch of other pros act like little b*tches for way longer than they should
    -The whiny losers are given a goal back, so what's the problem

2. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did not not watch the game ... did the initial return free kick happen because the defender had just stamped on Tillman's ankle? If so perhaps I can see why Malik was amped up ....

the post above just answered my question .....

3. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love it and his drive and desire to stick it in the net.

Dizi and TimB4Last repped this.
  4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #779 m vann, Feb 12, 2023
    . He played the dumb card. He pokes the ball back to his teammate when he’s fouled. You expect the ball to be played out. But Rangers let them score so in my book, all forgiven. It evened out.

5. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suuuure :rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://v.redd.it/1orz7wgxosha1

16-18 seconds in: you can clearly see that Tillman is still writhing on the ground in pain as the ball is played out

2 minutes 5 seconds in: you can clearly see that Tillman has no idea what's going on or why anyone is upset

TimB4Last repped this.
  6. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #781 m vann, Feb 12, 2023
    Yes, he does. He pokes the ball back to his teammate when he’s fouled. Not hard to think oh my teammate played it out. But like it said, all is good. It evened out. Rangers were going to win regardless. They were the better side.

7. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    My only quibble is that I'd be less forgiving after they shoved him down and stepped on him. After that, they can go eat a bag of nevermind.

But yeah, normally I greatly appreciate sportsmanship, but when a team acts like a bunch of d bags like that team that sounds like a shrubbery more than a freaking club, they can ---- off.

8. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    He hit the shot pretty much straight at the keeper but a very nice composed dribble similar to his goal.

9. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    OMG - he's just landed in the history books at least.

He's also doing all he can to price himself straight outta Glasgow...

10. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Get outta here Celtic fan!!!!

jk jk

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    One for the scrap book...

Malik Tillman:
    The main character in the narrative drama of the game. A brilliant, mazy run down the left nearly opened Thistle up early doors and it was to be a harbinger of things to come. The big American is so difficult to knock off the ball and showcased his ball skills time and time again. Such an exciting player to watch, he has everything in his locker to be an elite footballer. Scored the second Rangers goal when he nicked the ball and showed great feet but Thistle succesfully argued they were in the process of giving the ball back. Nearly got a second in the 97th minute with another stunning run. 9

https://www.rangersreview.co.uk/fea...er-ratings-malik-tillman-seizes-star-billing/

12. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whereabouts in the game did this interesting stuff happen?

13. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the game and I think people need to give Tillman a little bit of a break on the "bad sportsmanship". Did he make a mistake? Yes. But it would have been different if he was not the one that was stepped on. Dude had his foot completely mashed by the opponent, so he was in ground writhing in pain when the ball was put out of play, Not even sure he knew that the opponent put the ball out of bounds on purpose.

But man o man does this kid have a high ceiling. Tillman was on a mission in the 2nd half... taking all sorts of fouls (including one for a PK) while he drove out the D. Very good performance.

14. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    At this rate, Rangers will exercise the option to buy and Bayern will immediately exercise the option to buy back.

freisland repped this.
  15. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    Pretty much what I've been arguing the past month. I don't see how Bayern Munich doesn't match+ considering they have an option too. Why wouldn't they? Is 7 mill enough for his potential? Definitely doesn't seem like it when Aaronson can go for 30 and the loads of other deals out there. It's basically diet Sargent money.

So yeah, definitely expect Bayern to take him back. I wonder how many Rangers fans understand that there's an asterick on that loan to buy deal? Tend to doubt they understand that based on "we better pay up for him" talk on their boards etc. BM can still trump them and walk and that's what's gonna happen unless there's some other chapter to the story we're unaware of (like Rangers trumping that price, which seems highly unlikely).

FC Tallavana repped this.
  16. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    The Ranger keeper was kind of like I don’t want you ruin my season stats. LOL.

TimB4Last repped this.
  17. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
  18. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't watch the game but saw the 3-minute video of the event of Tillman's goal and thought it seemed obvious to everyone on the field (including the ref) that, while the goal was great, it was an unjust "reward" for Partick doing the sporting thing by trying to return the ball to Rangers. I have on rare occasions seen similar actions of recompense. It's a wonderful thing to see, and such a significant event that I'm not sure there are many comparisons elswhere in sport.

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    The Malik thing was wacky and hysterical, but footie's silly tradition of not blowing the play dead for a player down - or, alternately just playing on full-bore if there was no whistle - occasionally leads to this kind of circus. Really would be a lot easier if the tradition was just - stop if the ref blows the whistle, otherwise, play until play naturally stops. But you'd miss out on legendary moments like today.

Anderson11 repped this.
  20. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    I remembered that happened in Man. United once. Maybe back when Rooney still play.

21. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #796 LouisZ, Feb 13, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    The defender was supposed to send the ball to the Rangers side, he missed the ball and instead it rolled forward. Tillman was the closest player, the defender tried to beat him to the ball, but Tillman beat him and dribbled into the box.

bballshawn repped this.
  22. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    #797 ebbro, Feb 13, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    I remember Kanu/ Overmars doing similar for Arsenal, although after the match Wenger offered to replay the game. Makes more sense to just give them a goal back and see if someone could get the winner (if not a replay would've happened anyway, although at Sheffield).

23. Dizi

Dizi Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    he's finally CONCACAF ready :thumbsup:

24. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Should have been a straight red for the ankle stomp. The goon had to contort himself so much to get to the ankle I’m surprised he didn’t injure himself.

WheezingUSASupport, mace and TimB4Last repped this.
  25. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, that was crazy that it was VAR reviewed and there was nothing. Brutal!

FC Tallavana repped this.