Maldini needs to retire!

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Terim is a legend, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    I think Paolo Maldini needs to retire now, as he is 37, and too old.

2. roma/totti

roma/totti Red Card

Dec 14, 2005
    ah at least let him play the rest of the season,

3. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    Don't you think he is sloppy and past it? Or is it just myt assuumptions, as I haven't seen him play all, season.

4. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You're an idot. If you haven't seen him at all, don't judge him on age. How about, "Does Maldini need to retire?" for the title of the thread, instead

5. roma/totti

roma/totti Red Card

Dec 14, 2005
    i bet if maldini retired today and told ac milan mangement i want to coach, ac milan would say "ancelloti get the heck out"

6. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    What if he offered to retire now, rather than May, but left it upo to them? Would they accept, or reject, as he is 37?

7. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    You really are uninformed on the issue, and no Maldini does not need to retire this instant. I'm pretty sure he is retiring at the end of this season anyway, even if he didn't, I could accept him playing for one more.

The man is a legend and still an effective player for us. Mind you he is not in the top physical form, but as you so noted he is 37 years old. I'm still impressed by some of his performances, and he still has some magic left in him. So again, no Maldini does not need to retire just yet, let him finish this season.

8. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    I am extremely uninformed, yes. I was just taking a shot in the dark, as there was talk of Gallas to replace Maldini in January.

9. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Unlikely. It was rumored he wanted to come to us, but between the amount Chelsea would want for him, and our lack of interest...

10. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maldini has stated that he will see out his contract, which means next season will be his last.

11. Danishrossonero

Danishrossonero New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Geneva
    Yeah, as far as i know, Maldini wants to retire in 2007.

12. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    for as long as he remains important and productive to the team and stays healthy, let him continue until the end of his contract. He is already a world legendary player. Alot now depends on his fitness and physical health if he is to continue.

13. NaMusa75

NaMusa75 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Unfortunately, SoCal
    The Captain hasn't been in the best form all year, but he still has moments of brilliance (2 goals in 16 minutes at Reggina). He's injured, he doesn't recover as fast ... and the only regular on the backline not in his mid/late 30s is Nesta.

Also, remember, like 80% of the goals Milan gave up this season were off set pieces ...

14. slideslide

slideslide New Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Boca
    Maldini has been true to Milan for about twenty years
    there is no way that Milan would get rid of him he is still great and still an asset to the team

15. CentraLSocceR411

CentraLSocceR411 New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Burlington, IL
    Let him play until his heart is content, or until he slows the team down

16. milan1969

milan1969 New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Ditto. He should have retired a few years ago. He's the same guy who couldn't out jump a 3rd rate Korean attacker in WC 2002. He's a good looking polite guy who sells quite a few shirts, etc. and is generally protected by the commentators.