Making My Way To Anfield

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Upper Ninety, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Hello all! Myself and my 3 brothers (2 others whom are Liverpool fans) have been planning a trip together for the last 5 years to travel to England mostly for some football, but also just do just enough to hopefully not get into trouble.

First off I was wondering if anyone can recommend any approach on securing 4 tickets to a game (likely in September maybe October of 2020) I am more concerned now with Liverpools current championship status they are of course going to become harder to come by. (Which wasn't exactly considered on this trip 5 years ago) They would be happy to see any game, but I definitely want to go to Anfield. It is a bucket list item for me.

Any advice I would gladly take as far as prep getting such tickets, or getting to the stadium etc....I am not sure when I should attempt to buy tickets since we don't know fixtures until usually July to my knowledge?

Please enlighten me with all of your limitless knowledge!

newterp repped this.
  2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  3. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  4. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Thanks guys!!

5. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome. And yeah - if you are in England on a guys trip - that's the perfect excuse/requirement to go to Anfield.

6. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    don't use stubhub!

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...g-resold-on-stubhub-at-huge-profit-full-scale
    StubHub was accused of undermining efforts to keep fans safe and helping touts rip off people after a Guardian investigation revealed evidence suggesting the firm makes millions from football tickets, despite a law banning their resale in England and Wales.

For the Chelsea v Manchester United match on Monday, the website has sold at least 1,149 tickets for a combined €228,000 (£191,360) and is advertising 918 more for a further €263,000. It has sold or advertised more than 2,000 tickets for the game, equivalent to about 5% of Stamford Bridge’s capacity.

Liverpool’s home fixture against Crystal Palace on 21 March, at which Jürgen Klopp’s side could clinch the Premier League title, is potentially the most lucrative fixture analysed by the Guardian. According to data obtained by the Guardian, the value of tickets sold, combined with the list price of those advertised for sale, was approaching €1.5m as of this week.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, StubHub is definitely different in the UK vs the US.

8. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Thanks for the heads up guys. Who knew this was going to be such a challenge, but worth seeing the reds take the title even if it means half my salary next season.