Making a Messi of the Arsenal Back Four - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by mshankb, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because it's funny, and because Messi is not only a quality, humble, mostly honest player but because he's overcome being around those utter cretins to be that way.

Early in his career, he was starting to do those things that his teammates do - like against Del Horno. But now? He's a fish out of water in terms of likeability.

So... Making a Messi of the Arsenal Back Four - The Other Teams Thread. Have at it.

2. sportscribe

sportscribe Member

Jul 2, 2007
    That's good and all though I'm sure the players who have to play him on the pitch fear him more.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I like it.

4. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Yes the thread is funny, but I really wanted le arse to beat barfa. The only reason for this thinking is the fact that le goonies would experience more distraction & a drain of energy from a longer run in the UCL. Now those bums only have one competition left....The EPL. True, the Blues are in control of their destiny, but every lil' distraction/obstacle for le arse to have is a plus.

5. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It was also having someone like Giuly (highly underrated player if you ask me) in there as well. A guy who would run at people along with Ronaldinho's passing is what pretty much scared me.

There's also a noticeable difference in what they do when they don't have the ball, they chase the opponent down. It's a classic tactic and it works very well because it forces mistakes.

However, if there's one side that can pretty much frustrate Barca, it's us. Guardiola hugging Hiddink until that goal pretty much said "Yeah, you got me, well played." United will struggle to beat them because they suck against possession based teams and Arsenal are just a disaster.

6. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You think so. I know that Messi is the more electric player in terms of counterattacking and dribbling. He has become an excellent second forward. But Ronaldinho offered more in possession. Some of the passes he would come up with were outrageous quality. Messi is certainly more direct but he also has that predictability factor. You know what he is going to do more often than not, but the problem is stopping him, because is just so good what he does. Against the best teams though, I think that Ronaldinho in his best form offered more threat.

7. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Arsenal could have been 2-0 up on the night, but that stupid fu*ker chose the wrong ball kidz... :D:D:D

...With a packet of sweets and a cheeky smike...Wenger is a peadophile kidz... (Doh!!!)

8. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've noticed with Messi it's the same thing. Get ball, cut inside. A pattern is easily stoppable, but it's the fact that he has the ball at his feet like glue.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I thought he was a Voyeur??? :p
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKnAuZ0JzPQ]The Special One w/ the Voyeur[/ame]

BTW is the media labeling Inter as boring???

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    By the way, with Inter's win - gotta say it was done in a total Mourinho fashion: two 1-0 results. There are several things that are as reliable as an olf Ford pick-up.

That said, could he be the 1st manager ever to have won back-to-back titles in two different leagues if Inter win Serie A?

12. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Barcelona have to be careful in their next match. They were going down very easily sometimes and expecting the referee to award them a free kick on cue. They got badly burned because of that on Arsenal's goal where Milito was expecting a call and it wasn't given. There was another time when Keita was expecting a free kick to be awarded to them and when it wasn't given, he just stood there letting Arsenal break. They can't afford to do that against Inter.

13. SwissBlue

SwissBlue Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Fribourg
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    4-1. Messi 4. The New Pharoh has arrived. El Kid is the best player in the world by a country mile, and at the risk of repeating myself, the best player ever to kick a football.

14. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    It'll be interesting to see how they deal with Sneijder. As we saw in the tie against Chelsea he's very capable of and comfortable with playing the ball early in behind, so he doesn't need a lot of time on the ball to hurt you. Barca's closing down might not be as effective against him as it was against Fabregas and Nasri.

15. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    3 different leagues.

16. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I bet Asene Wenger's wife likes him?...When the fu*kers asleep...

...The old wans are the best kidz... :D:D:D

17. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    And when did Mourinho last win a title?

It wouldn't be "back to back" because his last league title was in 05.

18. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading comprehension my friend.

19. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    I refuse to just say that messi is "one of the best ever" until he proves it with Argentina. He has the chance this summer to prove me wrong.

20. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I don't think a lot of Chelsea fans will ever be convinced, mostly due to his anonymous performances against us last season. The kid is obviously amazing, and at such a young age too......to score 4 against Arsenal in one match is insane.

21. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was a little confused at first two but I think he means back to back PL and then later back to back Serie A titles.

22. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Barca will have problems with Sneijder this time around. If Inter utilize that 4-3-3 formation, I could see them winning the tie. They are a much better counter attacking side than Arsenal.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup...

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did he win back to back league titles with Porto as well??? :eek:

25. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I suppose George Best was just a hack then?