Make Germany score again: The Davie Selke thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Selke's struggles continue, while Hertha remain winless in their last 7 games.

2. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    It's been a Hinrunde to forget for Selke. Man has he ever been shit...

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    at this point it's not surprising, Germany has poor track record at dev CFs.
    which doesn't help with a already small pool of CFs.

the faster the 98-onwards breakthrough and perform the better.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looks like he could get benched this weekend, he's crashing. Makes you wonder if he leaves Germany or ends up in another 1BL club who want a bench CF.

that's 2 consecutive bad seasons for him in 1BL.

he turned 25 years old, 3 days ago. Already mid-20s, usually CFs start to pick it up more around mid-20s-onwards. Will he redeem himself this season or later?

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Two requests for Selke
    Davie Selke has received two requests from the Premier League, one of the prospective customers is said to be Brighton and Hove Albion. Selke - brought from Leipzig for 8.5 million in 2017 - had already sparked interest in England several times in recent years. The U-21 European champion of 2017 did not want to leave Berlin, where he has a contract until 2022. Now the signs have changed. With the victory in Wolfsburg (2-1) last Saturday, Dodi Lukebakio replaced Selke, who had been hapless for months in the storm center, and promptly scored the winning goal - and the upcoming purchase of Piatek significantly aggravated the competitive situation in the attack.

6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hertha has given Selke enough chances , the club rate him.

but he is not too reliable and always disappoints

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Davie Selke is very popular in the Premier League. As the 'Bild' reports, talks with five clubs from the island. Interest in the Hertha BSC striker shows Newcastle United, Brighton & Hove Albion, Aston Villa, FC Watford and AFC Bournemouth.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  11. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you're right, unfortunately.

Watched Bremen v Frankfurt on Wednesday, Selke was pretty ineffective and his shots he had were easy for the keeper.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah, Selke isnt going to make German score again. His crash makes me think he might end up in 2BL or some smaller league.

feels like hes regressing by the season.

13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Fk-in useless trash player. Jeezus christ is he washed up

PierreLittbarski and Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol it's true, I think everyone has written him out at this point. Likely headed to 2BL soon enough if he doesn't get his shit together....

Epitome990 repped this.
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    He's pretty much just playing based on his name and past achievements at this point. If Füllkrug can stay healthy he should be a starter. Otherwise, just give minutes to Woltemade and try to develop him.

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    should never have left Bremen to join Leipzig those years ago that's where his descent started.

yeah Fullkrug is interesting if he can just stay fit. And Bremen are likely to give min to Woltemade in order to lure him to stay at the club and not leave next Summer. He's a promising one for sure.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Good to at least see Selke get back on the score sheets today. Scoring isn't hard in the Buli. If Selke can resolve whatever mental block or motivation issues he had, then it's reasonable for him to get his career back on track. Getting 10+ goals should be doable if he stays healthy.

PierreLittbarski repped this.
  18. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Apart from his goal he did nothing. Barring the goal, Fullkrug did more to threaten Hertha goal in his limited time.

19. PierreLittbarski

1. FC Köln
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He is a poor excuse for a striker.

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    In terms of strikers born after '95, I'd say Werner and Waldschmidt are the most accomplished so far. But they're in a similar mould and are more effective playing as a secondary striker in a 4-4-2 type formation.

Disappointing but Selke is still technically the one traditional CF that has gone the furthest among others of this age range and beyond. Quite a few other players have injury and other issues. But ultimately none other have fully emerged yet.

21. PierreLittbarski

1. FC Köln
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Timo Werner? Oh. I always preferred him at SS/LW. He isn't a target man nor is he strong enough to hold up play to be focal point. Of course I hope he does and prove me wrong or atleast turns into a Suarez Type CF.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dunno, Kohfeldt's Bremen is legit trash and been saying for like over a year that Friedl is a terrible player not sure how the beep does that player even make 1BL and tons of XI too. Better Bayern players whether current or ex are stuck in lower level. The midfield is also mediocre and barely creates anything too.

anyways makes it harder for guy like Selke who needs service to do much. But good for him for scoring good confidence boost.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  23. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I agree partially with you, Maxi Eggestein, Klaassen and Osako really bad yesterday. Bittencourt actually really good when he came in on the 2nd half. But that not to pull away the responsibility from Selke. He barely touch any ball because he is too passive and immobile. For comparions, Josh Sargent ran a lot to try to make things happen. And like I said Niklas Fullkrug did much better compared to Selke in his limited time apart from Selke goal.

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Selke is starting to look even worse than Sandro Wagner. At least Wagner was a douche in the box, lol.

Fullkrug should have been the starter from beginning. Wonder if he's unfit to play XI? Good player when fit though.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The striker was only allowed to play against Hertha for 27 minutes. Also in the cup in Jena (2-0) there was only a short appearance. Is he not fit?

The Fullkrug puzzle!

"With Niclas Füllkrug I had the feeling that this week he wasn't ready to start and walk for 90 minutes," explains coach Florian Kohfeldt (37). "But after being substituted on, he raised the alarm, especially when moving forward."

Right! The attacker appeared several times dangerously in front of the Berliner Kasten,

Kohfeldt now gives hope that the athletic development at Füllkrug will soon be over.

The Bremen coach: “I long for the moment. I am not holding him back voluntarily, he was injured for ten months. We have to find the moment when he's ready to go full throttle again. He's not far away anymore. He burns, but I also have an obligation to the players. "
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...aetsel-um-niclas-fuellkrug-73006390.bild.html

clock is ticking for Selke. If he has more mediocre games and Fullkrug is fit he could be benched.