Makaay strike partner search.... 2004-05

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by eissman, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
  3. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Nothing is wrong with him. Has not been given a fair chance. Comparing Bochum's and Bayern's squads from this and last year. Hashemian should do fine and have many oppurtunities to score, if given a chance.

4. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    yes- Morientes would be awesome. HOWEVER, he is cap tied for CL games thus would not be helpful to Bayern on that front. Bayern are operating in the black, which is good, and would have to off load a few players at the same time. I am sure with the X-Mas break they will evaluate their status and what they need and WHO is going to get them to the "Promised Land" ;)

I can also see Madrid try and ask for a much inflated price for him as well. I felt sorry for him when Ronaldo came, he was screwed. Don't know why he did not asked to be transfered after this last year. Did he really think he was going to overtake Raul and Ronaldo, (and now Owen) in the pecking order?

Hey the Donovan idea wasn't horrible. I think he could thrive at Bayern, but the train still has a ways to go before we reach that station :cool:

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I would really like to see Lucas Podolski at Bayern, he scored a hat trick last weekend.

Concerning Morientes, I know Hoeness is a real big fan of him so you never know.

6. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    Pizarro is a great striker, he doesn't shoot many goals, but he works very much in the midifeld and gets the balls. I don't see any reason to change Makaay partner.

7. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I should have prefaced this all by stating... "IN January, when Munich have off-loaded all the extra baggage of players, who would be available to be a good strike partner with Roy Makaay".

sorry... ={

8. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    In 2003 Morientes was already linked with Bayern, but Hoeneß said:"We want to buy a real "bomb", we won't buy Real Madrid's bench empty."

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I suggested Podolski last year, at least so he can gain valuable experience and play at a higher level.

I don't think Bayern can get Morientes, Liverpool are really eager to sign him. Nothing is wrong with Hashemian but he doesn't look like he's the type of player that would compliment Makaay and impress in the Champions League.

10. RealRichi

RealRichi New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Germany
    The best Scorerer is: Maakay!

.. behind van Nistelrooy... :(

.. and Wayne Rooney...

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I believe it was in 2002 when I heard Hoeness went on record to praise Morientes, but I guess their opinions change like the wind :D

12. RealRichi

RealRichi New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Germany
    Morientes?

Makaay, van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Raul are the best Scorerer in Europe!

13. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire

Yeah, Rooney, that boy sure can finish.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Wann war die letztes mal dieses beide hier haben ein Tor gemacht?

Du kennst kein fussball, fuck off.

15. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    now now, there is no reason to start arguing or insulting each other. Let's try to keep this clean....theres enough dirt in the spanish forums.

16. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    1999/2000 Werder Bremen Alemania 1ra. 25 10
    2000/2001 Werder Bremen Alemania 1ra. 31 19
    2001/2002 FC Bayern Munich Alemania 1ra. 30 15
    2002/2003 FC Bayern Munich Alemania 1ra. 31 15
    2003/2004 FC Bayern Munich Alemania 1ra. 31 11
    2004/2005 FC Bayern Munich Alemania 1ra. 1 0
    claudio has played 148 matches and scored 70 goals in the bundesliga

not bad for a support striker hopefully he can get fit and prove himself next to roy

17. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    H A S H E M I A N Give him a chance u will see ...

18. PokerNSoccer

PokerNSoccer New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Area 51 Chicago
    I knew Makaay came in to replace Giovanni Elber, but, it would have been a spectacular partnership if the two played alongside each other!

19. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why not start Pizzaro up front with Makaay and use Scholl as a substitute for Pizza. Scholl would be the perfect foil for Makaay, because he is quick, a great dribbler, has amazing vision, and can score goals as well. Of course this would only work if both Scholl and Pizza were fit, but I think it would be possible to keep Scholl fit if he was used as a second half sub consistently rather than throwing him in as a starter right after his comeback.

20. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    i think bayern should go after evertons australian midfielder-forward Tim Cahill. This young kid is a great header of the ball and he possesses lots of speed and can hold the ball up. What more do Bayern want??

PS. watch him in the epl to see how good he really is.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Scholl will most likely retire after winter which is a shame.

I say go for Podolski, terrific speed, ball control and his passes are good too. Watched him last night against 1860 münchen.

In the meantime, Pizarro is just fine for Makaay he plays very deep as a forward which is an excellent compliment.

22. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is spot on! The problem comes when one of the three (Makaay, Scholl, Pizzaro) are not fit (injured)... who do we turn to? So far the Zickler-Santa Cruz-Hashemian thing has not been an attribute to our attack.

23. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sadly it looks like Scholl will retire at the end of this season. I hope Bayern decides to pick up Podolski during the summer. Podolski has 9 goals in 10 2.Bundesliga matches so far this season.

24. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Scholl is unfortunately very injury prone, especially since 2001. Think how Germany would have been different in 02 with he and a healthy Deisler were in the team. Alas-this will answer at least one of the "Who Goes" question. Besides, I think Bayern are not looking for a replacement for him, as they already have Deisler and Ze Roberto.

A healthy and functioning Pizzaro does change the dynamic a little bit-me thinks. I feel a little sorry for Hash-Man, as he did not really get a really good run out recently.

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Answer is simple, Lukas Podolski...the next big thing, if he plays with big club of course.