Makaay or Van Nistelrooij

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by balla, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    I think they both have 'tor instinkt' but Makaay has a better shot and RvN has more a winner instinct and he's more involved in the game. I think RvN is a better player, but no much difference between them. Dutch people will like RvN more than Makaay because Makaay never played for a top-3 club and he's not so much involved in the game. Everybody likes RvN because of his warm character and because he fought himself backso well after his injury.

2. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    What do you mean with Top-3-Club?? Manchester isn't better than Bayern. They are a little bit in crisis, which Bayern already have overcome.

3. Qaabus

Qaabus New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    He means that Makaay never played for Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord :)

4. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    He also didn't mention that he help Deportivo become a lot better and was what? the leading scorer in Europe. :rolleyes:

Lets ask some people from North London about RvN' s warm character :eek:

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's actually very un-Dutch if that's what you mean. But the new generation of Dutch footballers is very much like that - Ruud, Van Bommel, Kuijt all have that same aggressive style. It's why we all think over here that this generation will do well (despite being the lowest quality squad we've had in generations). There's a lot of positivity, let's put it that way.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Eventhough I don't like horseface, he is much more involved in play and therefore more valuable. Makaay disappears for 90% of the game only to score when least expected but this is his strengths and is only capitalised with a creative midfield. Bayern lack this and I have always had the opinion that he is too good for this team.
    Since Holland has no problems with creative players it is pretty much a toss up which player the coach prefers. Personally if I was Holland coach I would take Makaay because his goal tally speaks for itself but if I was a club manager (ie Bayern), RVN would be more suitable.

Does that make sense? :D It's monday... give me a break.