Major Fixture Congestion [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Daniel le Rouge, Jun 29, 2005.

1. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Well, then we are doomed because Nowak is such an attention getter that he will be unwilling to play the reserves!

In fact, I have it on good authority that Nowak himself will play all 11 positions at the friendly in Rochester - just so that he can outshine Freddy Adu!

:D

2. owendylan

owendylan Member

May 30, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nowak and Soehn should be signed to 10-day contracts so they can play in some of the scrub games (ala Alexi Lalas palying in a reserve game for the Quakes becuase they were short players)

3. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    Speaking of our deep roster. Is Steve Guppy out for the season?

4. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

I don't think anyone has been marked as out for the season. IIRC he discussed his rehab with a couple SE folks at a dinner and said he would be back to playing in 4-6 weeks? This was about a month ago.

5. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I predict a "mysterious" Guppy recovery around middle september when gametime temps start dipping into the 60s again ;)

6. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Smart guy. :p

7. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought we would take some time to revisit the start of this thread and maybe keep it going as the months of July and August progress.

July

Sat. 7/2......@ Columbus Crew.7:30 p.m.. 1:0

From all indications not a terrible performance by United. And well hell coming out of Cowtown with the first victory in 6 years, thats saying something. (I hadn't realized it was that long, good show by BB and SEs that made the trip BTW) Nowak obviously had to go to his bench to replace Tino and Benny but I think he definitely has the depth on his chart to pull some solid wins out in the next few weeks. Nana's looking great. DCU Record: 6-5-4 not too bad, if we get 2-3 wins out of the rest of the schedule before the All-Star Break I think DCU is looking pretty good.

Sat. 7/9......Kansas City Wizards.6:00 p.m..
    This should be a relatively easy 3 points.

Mon. 7/11....@ Rochester Raging Rhinos.7:30 p.m..

Fri. 7/15......San Jose Earthquakes.7:30 p.m..
    SJ isn't looking too bad so far this season, should be a great game but another 3 point for United.

Wed. 7/20......@ Kansas City Wizards.8:00 p.m..

Sat. 7/23......@ Los Angeles Galaxy.4:00 p.m..

We need to win at least one of these two away games. I think we stand the best chance believe it or not agains the Gals. But hey if we can sweep them both I won't complain.

Thu. 7/28......Chelsea FC.8:00 p.m..

Sat. 7/30......MLS All-Star Game.3:30 p.m..

8. Daniel le Rouge

Daniel le Rouge New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    under a bridge
    Good idea! Let's see if I can preserve the formatting ...

Rob's comments added in Blue Italic

July. . .

Sat. 7/2......@
    Columbus Crew. 1-0 W.
    From all indications not a terrible performance by United. And well hell coming out of Cowtown with the first victory in 6 years, thats saying something. (I hadn't realized it was that long, good show by BB and SEs that made the trip BTW) Nowak obviously had to go to his bench to replace Tino and Benny but I think he definitely has the depth on his chart to pull some solid wins out in the next few weeks. Nana's looking great. DCU Record: 6-5-4 not too bad, if we get 2-3 wins out of the rest of the schedule before the All-Star Break I think DCU is looking pretty good.

Sat. 7/9......Kansas City Wizards.6:00 p.m..
    This should be a relatively easy 3 points.

Mon. 7/11....@ Rochester Raging Rhinos&.7:30 p.m..

Fri. 7/15......San Jose Earthquakes.7:30 p.m..
    SJ isn't looking too bad so far this season, should be a great game but another 3 point for United.

Wed. 7/20......@ Kansas City Wizards.8:00 p.m..

Sat. 7/23......@ Los Angeles Galaxy.4:00 p.m..
    We need to win at least one of these two away games. I think we stand the best chance believe it or not agains the Gals. But hey if we can sweep them both I won't complain.

Thu. 7/28......Chelsea FC&.8:00 p.m..

Sat. 7/30......MLS All-Star Game^.3:30 p.m..

August. . .

Wed. 8/3......US OPEN CUP 4th Round. .

Sat. 8/6......@ Chicago Fire.8:30 p.m..

Wed. 8/10......MetroStars.7:30 p.m..

Sat. 8/13......Chivas USA.4:00 p.m..

Tue. 8/16......@ HarrisburgCity Islanders&.7:30 p.m..

Sat. 8/20......Los Angeles Galaxy.7:30 p.m..

Wed. 8/24......US OPEN CUP Quarterfinal. .

Sat. 8/27......@ New England Revolution.7:30 p.m..

Mon. 8/29......vs. Colorado Rapids#.1:00 p.m..

Wed. 8/31......Real Salt Lake.7:30 p.m..