Magnolia City Mob

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Orange1836, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just like to sing!! Can't we all just get along!!

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Damn hippies.

3. time_drifter

time_drifter Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Wharton
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in for the fedoras and/or cheap sunglasses, but I don't do dress shirts. I always feel like a preppie when I wear them.

UPDATE: I found a site that sells orange fedoras. It's fedorastore.com They cost about $50 apiece though. Just throwing that out there. Personally, I think seeing a lot of people wearing black fedoras, black shades, and orange Dynamo jerseys would look pretty badass.

4. CHEGA

CHEGA New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    in el h town
    listen up man as one of the founders of el batallon i will first of all like to tell you naranja who wrote this , that you have disrespected us the worst anyone has ever done. El Batallon didnt start from any supporter group and there are lots of things that have changed the way we think about the texian army as of now we might as well not even try and confront each other you have disrespected us and i will make sure that you would never do it again. if you ever want to say that we started from you then don't say it outloud because we have never ever ever wanted to even be like you nor started from you . we will have alot of changes next season and you should never aproach me again because things will happen if you ever get near me you h ave started something that you shouldnt have started. you have put texian army against us just like every other supporter group in mls........ you should watch the things you say homeboy. we are El Batallon the only and best in mls get it straight don't confuse us by saying we started and followed anything you started ... we are and will continue to be the best barra brava in mls... like i said look for me if you ever have any thing negative to say about us.

5. CHEGA

CHEGA New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    in el h town
    one other thing we will never be your f*&%ing batallion ............. we are no ********ing skapegoat we are the only ones and our name is El Batallon which has never had nothing to do with you ..... you just pissed the wrong people off..... :mad: F*&K your dues and F*&K you ......

6. CHEGA

CHEGA New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    in el h town
    you are missing the wrong point man ....... don't ever say we are your ********in batallion ...... we will never be anyones batallion....... this is the line you guys crossed ...... and just cuz of what you said there will be alot of changes i mean alot ............. :mad:

7. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Man, you need a (German) beer !!!:mad:

8. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^Chega is One Pissed Off MuthorFauker!!!^^^

Yo Chega, just because one person said something on a message board does not mean it is what anyone else thinks. Obviously I am not directly associated with either group since I live in fauking New York and have no clue about anything other than knowing I like what everyone is doing, and the fact that the two groups try to work together to support the orange seems like the right idea.

I love both groups and you all should know that I got everyones back (especially Max since he seems to need it the most often), so lets keep it that way! The last thing anybody wants is a Barrabrava/Screaming eagles situation. The last thing I want is to come to a game in Houston and get people pissed because I decided to stand with the other group. I like standing with both groups and do so at some point during each game at every game I go to (as few of them as I make). I would like to throw in that if MCM gets going I will stand with them to! I hate cliques and I hate social circles that look down on other social circles. I just like to have fun at the games. I can not speak for anybody, but Chega while you feel disrespected, and you might be right and were, I do not think that was the intent at all. I hope we can just chalk this whole thing up to being misinformed, or mispeaking or just not thinking and move on. Any arguing about the history and start of any support group is silly and all a matter of semantics and should just be left in the past, what matters is NOW. How do we support the orange now? What will we being doing in the future? The past is the past and cannot be changed so lets leave these little comments in the past.

With all that said, I better see members of both groups in New York with me next season.

9. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    This is part of Offebacher's signature :

"Together by Chance, United by Choice" - Houston Supporters Groups"

This should say all, right ?

10. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    it doesn't matter where EB came from, they are a separate entity and are absolutely blowing the other barras in mls out of the water. whether or not they were a part of TA is inconsequential (i tend to believe chega), they have far surpassed TA and is challenging them to go further and harder than we could have hoped. they have taken the lead on the songs and are constantly improving not just TA, not just themselves, but the entire dynamo fanbase.
    with all this in mind, we have to do anything we can to avoid a split between the groups. do you realize how intimidating two sections full of rabid supporters looks in comparison to one in different areas?

if you still want to distance yourselves from TA, may i suggest a flag reading:

I'M WITH STUPID
    <--------------

11. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    ok, on the fedora point i did seach cheap fedoras and ended up at the site drifter(?) showed us. heres their main showcase.
    http://www.thefedorastore.com/Felt-Dress-Hats-s/1.htm

there is an orange one there and it is a "hunting" fedora (not sure what that means.
    personally, i think i'll be going with black when i finally man up and get one.

another site that is questionable, but just cheap enough to take a risk is a party store...

12. santeroatomico

santeroatomico New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    East End Houston
    This is so Sad. Whether or not one group gave birth to the other or what have you. the Texian Army was there from Day 0. They were there when both names were annouced, The uniforms were unveiled and on the first game. Remember Game time: 18:36? I do. I do believe that the more the merrier and with the many groups popping everywhere in the stands, it makes for a great game experience. I also like what EB is doing, the are very vocal and passionate and sometimes out of hand.

13. KotWF

KotWF Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares about the orgins of the groups... this is all that's important: In year one we had one section (213) of fans waving flags, jumping up and down, and singing the same songs and chants all game long... and once EB grew in numbers and took the lead in coming up with/singing the songs and banging on the drums it got exponentially better. In year two we had two sections (213 and 214) doing the same and it was even better. Our goal for season three outta be to get 3 full sections of fans doing the same to build upon what we've already got... and as long as they're singing the same songs an adding to the atmosphere whether the new folks call themselves part of EB or TA or neither is totally irrelevant. On gameday inside Robertston Stadium there basically is no distinction between the groups (heck... I spent a couple games this season in 214 myself, many games on the edge of 213/214 trying to keep the folks in 213 singing along with 214 whenever it got hard to hear what was going on off to our left, and a handful of games smack dab in the middle of 213 as well... and all season long I saw many others in both TA and EB standing in each other's sections too for various reasons), and anyone who tries to manufacture a divide for their own personal reasons is gonna get on my shit list.

14. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you live on Montrose cuz you're gay.

15. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    very uncelt-like.

???

16. time_drifter

time_drifter Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Wharton
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he's having a bad day...

Also, as far as the cheap sunglasses go, we could probably get them for less if we pooled together and bought them in bulk. On one of the sunglasses sites you can buy the cheap shades like in The Blues Brothers and other movies for as little as $12 a dozen. I forget what site, but if you google 'cheap sunglasses' you should be able to find it.

17. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    don't worry about it, thats dollar store material anyway. i'm thinking we go person to person basis on those.

18. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    Alright, we are trying to pick a date for the meeting by the day after tomorrow, sometime between the 15th and 2nd of january. The OGs all seem to be free (or at least able to make time) pretty much anytime in this area. So, when would be a good time for y'all? Aerosquire? Drifter? Anyone that just wants to get to know us (Art? Kat? Naranja? *Rey*? Mannie? Anyone at all?)

Also, location. we are all from baytown. tradtionally, as a group of friends, we go to the house of pies on kirby pre or post game. would this be a decent meeting spot? i'd like to have a place for a freezing cold kickaround or something, too... pretty much if you know a good, central location (most of us are under 21, though) let us know and that will more than likely be it.

we'll be disscussing a few things, including:
    1. getting to know each other
    2. possible CCC mexico roadtrip (counting chickens, i know)
    3. season tickets (if someone doesnt have the money, pooling together and sharing them, or something)
    4. songs, banners, t-shirts for the non dress shirt/ pro fedora/ sunglasses crowd.
    5. location in the north end.
    6. but not least, probably the most important thing, whatever y'all want to get done.

19. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't mind, so long as the date is ok. House of Pies would be ok 'cept you have to pay so much per hour to stay there. Getting some grub and heading to a park would be better. FYI, UH has a soccerfield thats open to the public, so long as at least one UH student/faculty/etc is there (like...me). Just a quick hope from HOP. It's a small field but nice and enclosed so you don't have to worry about the ball. Also, PUGs do happen there sometimes. Of course, Memorial isn't far either.

20. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    is there a good place to get indoors to talk in the area? (UH is closed at that point, right?)

21. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets meet in one of the following cities I will be in this holiday break:

McAllen/Edinburg
    Austin
    San Marcos
    South Padre Island
    Reynosa/Progreso

Thank you in advance for catering to my needs.

22. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    christmas in padre, anybody?

23. time_drifter

time_drifter Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Wharton
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which field are you thinking of over at UH?

24. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one along Richmond (err...whatever its called at that point...I just drew a blank....) on the South side of campus, near the Towers. In between Cullen and Calhoun.

25. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States