Magnolia City Mob

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Orange1836, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    The mob's myspace is up at
    myspace.com/magnoliacitymob

come by and say hi.

2. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    list of issues, feel free to comment with ideas or new issues...

1. subsidiary of TA? own group?

2. banner/ flags? microsoft paint is good for ideas. a banner would be nice to put on a free piece of railing. how about something more creative (baloon supported banner on the back rail, etc...) we're not big at all, so our contributions to the tifo will have to be innovative...

3. songs, even if we only sing them while hanging out at the tailgate, it would be cool to just sing things we like. (i'm partial to the chant at the end of say anything's "belt".)

4. money. 2 of us wait tables, one works at abercrombe, 4 are college students, one is black (not telling who...), not a strong point for us... what do we need money for? how do we get it (if personal cash isn't enough)?

I'd like for everyone who hasn't to join bigsoccer.com, it is a good place to bounce ideas off of good people who have experience in this category with TA and EB and who can help us out with things like flag making. rey, from the TA board of directors has already offered to help us make flags with his projector and whatnot. lets swindle them (don't tip them off, katy).

the direct comment to katy is because she is the only TA "bigwig" who has added us as a friend on myspace (where this was originally posted) so unpopular.

anyway, if there are any meetings (that we are invited to) or flag painting get togethers during our respective christmas breaks, we (at least i) would be glad to participate.

3. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the TA will be having a meeting sometime in the next month or two that will include elections for the new BOD, amongst other things. As always, others are welcome, such as MoB and EB folk. In fact, we encourage it.

As far as Tifo goes, that is, at your size, up to you and petty cash. If you want to be a "squad" or "battalion" in the Army, that would be up to the BoD. If so, you'd have to pay dues yada yada yada. For example, El Batallon started as a battalion of the Army. The Orange Helmet Crew started (and may still be, I think) a squad of the Army.

That would be up to you and the BOD.

As for specific designs, that's up to your own creative intuition. What represents you. You and your MoB.

EDIT: I'd add you as a friend on MySpace, but I hate the damn place and don't have a profile :D

4. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    heres the thing, we are a small group, but have some effed up minds in our single digit (as of now), impoverished ranks.

we haven't talked about it and already i (one of the more sane members) have a few ideas for cheap, redic tifo/ displays.

5. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then start workin on them and collecting a few bucks here and there. Games start in March :D Be sure to have your stuff ready by then.

PM Rey about the BOD meeting and pester the hell out of him until those lazy SOBs...I mean, hard-working men :eek: set a date for that

:cool:

6. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to clarify, I'm not a bigwig! Just help them out with the Myspace stuff, cuz they don't really bother with it. :)

7. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must.....resist.......obvious.........:D

I keed I keed.

:p

Bigwig? No....core member that helps make things work? Yes

8. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    yeah, we know youre the one pulling all the strings. whatever. :rolleyes:

just to clarify, myself, by swindle, i meant take full advantage of the kind offer of mr. rey. just decided to use the overkill term.

9. memo138

memo138 New Member

Mar 16, 2007

:rolleyes: yeah...right...., you should ask Chega or the Ticos or Greñas to show you their "TA" membership card next time you see them and see what they say....

10. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a quick summary of how things started out back in 06 :p No need to go into detail there when he can easily find out the tale elsewhere.

11. Gregmeister

Gregmeister New Member

May 29, 2007
    Section 213-214
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    For real man...that's starting to get kinda irritating.

12. for real... probably we should stand in the south end next season just to show everyone that we are not part of anything and that we can do what we do by ourselves.

because another thing that pisses me off is that we are getting loud with a chant when the team needs more support and you people in 213 start with the "aaaaahhhhh put0" and you distract some people in our section and the chant just gets all messed up.

13. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Well, I'm sorry it makes you upset my friend. but let me tell ya' what happened to me with that ******** chant I like to do so much......

When we were at Frisco, I start to do the ******** chant, and then this young kid from El Batallon smacks me on the side and tells me not to do it, I'm like WTF:confused:
    In Washington I'm doing the same thing, and the same kid smacks again !! I told him to back off, to leave me alone. Now mind you, I have nothing against the kid. I saw him a Christie's and was going to offer to buy him a burger or something because I wasn't about buy him a beer.........He seems kinda' young.
    I understand where you're coming from, but you know where the chant comes from too.

I normally don't stand with the TA/EB so I won't give you my two cents on how you guys should handle your bussiness in the stands. I will only say that you guys have come a long way in such a short period of time. I'm proud of you guys and keep up the good work.

p.s.

Besides, I always forget the words to all the chants anyways.

14. KotWF

KotWF Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think the ******** chant is a big problem... we only do it on goalkicks and even while its ongoing there's always a handful of us in 213 that keep whatever song is going going so that as soon as the ******** chant is over we in 213 can pick right back up in the song without missing much of a beat... and it does't seem from this end anyway to be too distracting off to the left. On the other hand, the bigger issue we still have in 213 are many folks just not learning all the songs... although to be honest I think we've made pretty good progress on a lot of them since the beginning of the season. Whenever we do these songs (Que Calor, Naranja Campeon, Te Quiero, Por ti Daria mi Alma, Vamos Vamos Dynamo, Queremos la Copa, Ole Ole Ola, Esta Noche Tenemos que Ganar, Esta es la Banda, El que No Salta, El Matador, Vamos Vamos Vamos Naranja ... in addition to the simple standbyes of course like Dale Dynamo and Go Dynamo and Sale Campeon) I would have to say a very large chunk of 213 is singing right along with 214. The other big problem for us is going to be the constant addition of new material. For those of us that have been doing this for 2 seasons now adding a few new songs a couple times per season isn't that big of a deal. But if we continue to grow and bring new people into the TA that haven't been with us since the beginning it's going to become increasingly hard for them to "catch up" to the rest of us and learn all the songs at once... especially if they don't know how to pronounce words in Spanish very well. Anyway... I think the whole hinchada's come along way over the past two seasons and we have much to be proud of... and when all of 213-214 are on the same page it's pretty damn awesome.

EDIT: BTW, it's never too early to begin getting prepared for next season, if you haven't learned all the current songs I strongly suggest going to the EB website (www.elbatallon.com)... much of the newer stuff has been added over the last few months (most with audio links) to the "canciones" page... so there's no excuse for anyone who regularly stands in 213 not knowing all least all of these songs by February (or whenever CCC action starts up). IMO the songs that need the most work over in 213 are A Donde Vayas and Houston es Fiesta... sometimes I feel like I'm singing the latter one all by myself (c'mon guys... how can you not like the fast part there at the end?).

15. Clip

Clip Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Bayou City
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's especially distracting when you are still trying to learn some of the words. It's flat out annoyng when tourist that don't belong in 214 start doing it too.

16. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, this is a thread about a new SG. Let's focus on that. :p

17. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    we ain't no middle child, have at it.

not separatists either. we like y'all, and will bring it with y'all every game. just be a little tweaked.

18. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP :D

19. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    not separatists either. we like y'all, and will bring it with y'all every game. just be a little sloshed.

Jetzt geht's los !

My 2 cents :
    Incase El Batallon wants to stand in the South End, fine with me, this is a free country . But it would be a huge mistake. Just now, we are only strong t o g e t h e r .
    Keep that in mind .
    And the ******** chant should not be such a big problem, the last 5/10 games we(EB/TA) really worked together.. I mean chant wise ... even us Gringos learned some spanish..that is progress, right Grenas,Gregmeister& Co ? :D

20. santeroatomico

santeroatomico New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    East End Houston
    Just out of curiosity. What is so wrong with the ******** chant?

21. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What you should really ask is..."What's wrong with streamers?"

Answer that, and you'll know the answer to the ******** chant

:cool:

22. AeroSquire1836

Feb 13, 2007
    HOUSTON
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ******** chant destroys goalkeeper's boots to the point of needing to change them mid game?

Back to the MCM, i dig what yall do but I've spent far too much of my life avoiding dress shirts to start wearing them to games, however if you get orange fedora's or killer cheap sunglasses, count me in!

23. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    why avoid dress shirts and ties? whats better about at t shirt? aren't you sick of being a billboard that pays the company?

...kidding, by the way...

yeah, i've actually foind orange fedoras on the internet "hunting fedora" or some such stuff ariound 35 dikkars ib sale ... $5 black felt ones from party stores seem to be the best way to go, dunno. its up to you, even if you don't dress come hang out with us, its cool either way.

24. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Which one?? you mean them seat breakers, the ones that gives us a bad name??
    I say disown the lot !!:mad:

Oh, wait. they do have this nice looking female member. I say if they make her the president, we'll back'em 100%:p

p.s.

How many of this Mob are there??

25. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    well, we had around 4 or 5 at each game, but each game had different people, so if we get everyone on the same page, we could almost have double digits.

hmm... sidney as president, pretty shady, we'll need to have a meeting about that... could be fun though...