Magee - MAP (Most Annoying Player)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by NYfutbolfan, Jun 30, 2008.

1. NYfutbolfan

NYfutbolfan Member

Dec 17, 2000
    LI, NY
    Mike is my MAP, Most Annoying Player.

There was a point during the Chivas match where NYRB had the ball in Chivas' 18. Magee was standing outside the box as his temmate attempted a crossing pass. Immediately, Magee's arms went up in response to his teammate not passing him the ball. In the next second the ball caroms a few feet away from Magee. Well , guess what? Magee drops his arms to move, but it is too late. The ball is swept away by Chivas. A sitting ball within the 18 is left to be swept away because this neanderthal can't keep his mouth shut. This is especially troubling considering that NYRB controlled the ball for all of 15 minutes all game. You'd think he'd be able to concentrate at least that long.

Why do we keep this idiot?

Ever since he has been in the league he never stops squawking. Sure, maybe Cleatus didn't help him out when he first came up by showing him such a bad example, but at least Cleatus had his moments. Magee may make 1 or 2 plays a season, that's it. Otherwise, he's running over to the ref to complain most of the time.

How many calls has Magee been able to get reversed? By my count, his next one will be his first. At 18 years of age, I can understand going fo rthe talent, but at this point, he needs a change of scenery, if not a smack upside the head. I don't care how much talent you may posess, if you don't show it, it doesn't really matter.

2. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    How about when he shot/punted the ball for a shot attempt? He blasted that thing NFL Kickoff style. The height under that "shot" was ridiculous. Pretty much gave up on him after that one attempt.

3. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Kinda reminds me of Nukes Laloosh - a million dollars worth of potential and a 10 cent head.

4. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    What's annoying isn't only that they don't fired this "culo", but they including him in the lineup frequently and after all that, they let him take the free kicks that he waste all the times, that, it is out my comprehension....

5. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree 100%. He does more bitching to the refs then actual playing.

6. nymetrobulls

nymetrobulls New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    nyc
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't "fire" a player.

7. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    A pre-injuries Magee was a pretty good player with some promise. He is going through a bad stretch now, but not only that, he looks like a different player to me.

For those of you saying he always sucked and why is he here have short memories. He was never a star player, but he definately a useful player a one point.

8. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    You are correct when you say "at one point".
    MLS have changed a lot, and what MLS was five years ago compared whit today has double in old latitudes and fill like it was 50 years ago, but Magee still the same, no changes and that's his problem, the players in MLS today are 6.0" and over, with intelligentsia, stronger, athletics, faster and technical, Magee isn't nothing like this and he never will, isn't no room for him anymore and that is that...

9. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    OK, kill the mother ********er...

10. supafrye

supafrye New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    San Jose
    manolo, choot dat peece 'o cheet........tony montana, scarface

11. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i hated that Bradley Davis for Magee trade years ago. Bob's big mistake.

12. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    ¿Only Bradley, That's all?...They been making hundred of this trades for thirteen years, that I forget all of them because I still have bad filing about them...This people, all of them has and are acting in a hard way to convince us that they are stupids,..¿What you thing?...

13. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    That was a trade I never understood. I liked Davis's game alot.

14. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Technically, it was Davis for Dallas' pick in the draft which was in turn used to get Mikey. Think how useful Davis's left foot would have been over the last 5 seasons.

15. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kahlva heres one traffic cone that can be cut to make way for the new players.