Magath's future at Bayern:

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by nekkibasara, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Bayern finish this season without any trophies do you think he will be kept?

I would like to keep him, but I don't think he has won the management over just yet and Hoeness was yelling at him pretty harshly during today's match.

2. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    One and done? I don't think so. Once again though...I miss Ottmar.

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

He will be fine. Bayern need forwards not rotating coaches. I would liked to have seen Uli yelling at him. Uli needs to stay away from the bench. The game plan, though we were handicapped, was a bust. Players seemed twichty and not cohesive. They got spanked...... hard. Magath will regroup. No shame in losing to chelsea. They have a stingy defense and are simply a great team.

4. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    When Bayern was down only 1-2, he should have made sure to keep that superb result with appropriate substituting. Magath will learn, though, there's no way he'll be leaving Bayern this summer if he wins no trophy.

5. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this is simply not worth discussing!!! :rolleyes:

6. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Though it has to be said, Magath pretty much fVcked this game up with the team he sent on the pitch this evening. A lot can be criticized about the players he selected and his unwillingness to react to difficiencies in certain areas of the team (not just Kovac).

7. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Have to agree with you. We did not even show up. Chickens with their heads cut off.

8. mcweiss

mcweiss Member

Sep 8, 2003
    LI, New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Magath's future is not, but a great point was brought up about Uli...

MR DEPUTY CHAIRMAN,

STAY OFF THE F'IN BENCH, YOU ARE DISRUPTIVE TO THE ATTITUDE OF THE TEAM DURING THE GAME. GIVE A LOCKROOM TALK/SHOUT AFTER THE MATCH AND STAY IN A PRESS BOX WHERE YOU BELONG.

I, like many others, have a large amount of respect for what Uli has done for FCB over the years, but this is the same crap that NFL GM's and owners do (a la Jerry Jones from the Cowboys). It only serves a disruptive purpose when senior management becomes too involved in the day-to-day operations of the sport. Manage the organization from the top, not the athletic performance on a game by game basis. WTF do you pay Felix all that money, just to sit over his shoulder like an albatross.

WHEW!!! I feel much better now...

9. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Now go get a 6 pack. :D

I swear-half the flack Bayern get is when the Franz and Uli show starts. Would somebody put a zipper on these guys?

10. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Isn't Franz going to be the new UEFA chairman?

11. mcweiss

mcweiss Member

Sep 8, 2003
    LI, New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not if Platini can help it...

12. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I have to agree w/ Platini on this matter. Franz is still working on WC 2006.
    he just has to have his fingers in everything

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ugh...just got back from my depressed state all day yesterday, still not fully recovered....game thread closed.....

Well, fvck everyone who thinks differently but Chelsea were lucky Makaay and Piza didnt play or else it would have been a different story...yes there were some defensive errors but with our two strikers we could have scored more and the game could have thus turned differently.

F*** Huth, traitor...

Anyways, Lampard is outstanding, but I think my point is proven that Carvalho and Gallas are not as good as they are made out to be, even in a win.

That goes to show you in what deep shyte we are up front...but nooo...damn management..GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND GET POLDI AT LEAST!!!!!!!!!

14. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Manny: you are just not going to let this one go are ya? :D

15. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

Huth was trying to start something with Ballack...that didn't sit well with me.

16. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    NEVER! NOT UNTIL HE WEARS 9!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Hells his problem anyways? Freaking idiot is hypnotized by Mourinho or something, made to believe he is actually part of the team when he really isn't. And if people think I can't see through what Jose did in that game, brining on Huth to make him think he's important, he doesn't have me fooled at all!

With that said, Huth was not bad as right back, Carvalho and Johnson were crap, tells ya something, doesn't it? Talent wasted...it will be wasted further next season.

18. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So Huth is a tool, basically. Don't we get Lahm next season? I like him.

19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We will have Lahm but he's an attacking fulback....

We need a strong, tall and full of potential centre half like Huth......dammit!

20. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes huth would indeed have been awesome...

i actually like what he tried with ballack :D
    shows he is plucky and full of confidence...

just not happy that he tried it with one of OUR players :mad: but still makes me like the kids attitude...

anyway, like i said, since we're not gonna get huth, ill be pretty happy with daniel van buyten or even khalid boulahrouz from hamburg...
    been a fan of van buyten for a long time, but then a young german CB woulda been perfect... :(

21. B Rock

B Rock Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Huth's "problem" was with the blatent dive by Ballack in the box.

I think if you were a Chelsea supporter and the shoe was on the other foot you would have been absolutley livid, Ballack sold his dive well, but I don't think that it earned him any respect from his compatriot.

That goal got your team back in the tie, as 4-1 would have probably been impossible. However a 3-1 or 2-0 result is a possibility considering what you guys did to Arsenal in Munich.

22. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah true...Lahm on one side, Sagnol on the other...so what do you think of this back 4:

Lahm--Van Buyten--Lucio--Sagnol

Pretty sick. FCB management...make it happen.

23. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don't agree with what Ballack did, but if you're a player and you want to discuss his actions with him, do it off the pitch.

24. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Did you know van Buyten's mother is German? And he even grew up in Hamburg or something. Too bad he already played for Belgium.

But wouldn't van Buyten and Lucio be too similar in their style?

25. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    How so?