Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We are struggling with goals. When in form, he is a creative force plus can score as well. Worth a shot even if just for this season

Digital repped this.
  2. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    How are we supposed to get him inform?

3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Play him a couple of games...plus he is gonna play with Colombia. Wouldn't be the first time

4. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Reviving anyone should have been done by now. The team is at crunch time. Last he played he looked like shit. He's too injured. I rather jovic plays. At least he doesn't break so often...

petros93, Anon., Prit Javier and 2 others repped this.
  5. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    100% agree

6. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    As I said in the summer we desperately need a right winger who scores a lot. Evry top team has scoring wingers. Except us.

Prit Javier repped this.
  7. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We ARE stuck with Bale and paying his big wages

Kroosinator repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Since Hazard got injured and it's reported that he will miss the rest of the season, i wonder if we should ask La Liga to allow us to sign one player?

MerlinRM, temesgen, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  9. Lugano Francis mwakapala

Real Madrid
    Tanzania
    Dec 23, 2018
    Bale should have gone even for free he is not helping the team. In most cases I see zidane at fault.

Prit Javier repped this.
  10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    We run on Lucas powah. No need for new signing.

11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree we should use all the resources available to us to try to win titles this season

not just right both left and right, these are the guys plus our 9 who should be scoring, not all, but the bulk of our goals, if we had that on a regular basis for awhile now maybe some wouldn’t be calling for Toni and Luka to score 10 goals each from the CM position, thus the call for Pogba but even he has only gotten over 7 or so goals once I think

Prit Javier and J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #2462 Shay Z, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    I’m not one of those fans who wants 10 departures and 10 signings every season, it’s real life not pro evo, so I don’t say this lightly. But no matter how we end the season we need to sell some players who have outlasted their usefulness.

James: injury prone and doesn’t have a real position. We can actually get some money for him.
    Bale: Retired already. Getting his massive wages off the books will be a HUGE win.
    Marcelo: Love him but he’s unplayable now. Even against Copa teams. Sell to Italy. Thank you for you service.
    Isco: No real usefulness and cannot be relied upon for a full season. 1 good game in 15 isn’t ok.
    Mariano: no impact. Just taking up a roster spot and wages. Loan or sell.
    Benzema: I still think he is useful but my reason for selling is that if he’s here no other striker will get a fair run. This looks impossible though as we just extended him a year. If Zizou actually makes him a backup he is a great player to have around even at his high wages.
    Asensio: Loan so he can play everyday to regain his form and then re-assess. Make sure to add a early call back provision.
    Rodrygo: Loan to La Liga side.
    Modric: sell if adequate replacement is available if not keep for another season but I,d rather not considering his minutes will need to be reduced more. Time to invest time into whoever will replace him rather drag this out.

I know we can’t do all of that but we should. We can’t keeping dragging the corpse of a squad that peaked 3 years ago. Wish we could refresh on the fly but we haven’t been able to and our big signing is a bust so far. We revert back to more or less the same issues every season. There’s good players to be had out there and I honestly couldn’t care less about the finances. The club is a money making machine and we have smart people in charge. Let’s build the next team.

We are up against a Barcelona who are in shambles and fired a manager mid season and are fighting each other and have been ravaged with injuries and we are still on track to lose the league to them. It’s not hyperbole to say, that’s shameful.

RMrules, Anon., MerlinRM and 4 others repped this.
  13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ I’m onboard with a lot of this but also think some of those departures are unlikely (Benz, Isco maybe Asensio). The Brazilians (including Reinier) and Brahmin are interesting as we have to loan at least two of them I would think just because of EU slots, plus Kubo again. You’d think we’d keep Vini as long as he plays well the remainder of the season. Rodrygo is tough because he seems more polished than Vini but maybe not direct enough yet.

Right wing spot has to be addressed this summer. There is no way Hazard is getting sold so LW would be Hazard and Vinicus, or maybe Hazard moves to the middle to do what Isco is currently doing if he leaves.

temesgen repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Exactly..

We need our CB and DM to score because our wide attackers don't know how to.

Anon. and Digital repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good points, think I’d keep Rodrygo, and for me Mariano just hasn’t been given any kind of a chance which is unfortunate, so I’d say that’s the reason for him having no impact, that’s more on ZZ than on him, he can go though and definitely will if ZZ remains, finally ..........I don’t think we are on track to lose the league to Farca, not just yet, far too early for me to think like that, but, that’s just me, I respect your opinion though.

16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The problem with RW is that we're probably waiting for Mbappe...

17. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I agree with some points here, we needed changes last year but it seems we just revert to the same team as before.

Kroos, Casemiro, Fede should be our 3 mids Modric should play far less games. Benzema should be our back up striker.
    Marcelo should have gone last year once Solari benched him.
    Isco i am unsure with still? Is it worth keeping him as a back up number 10.

18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    1232220487780093952 is not a valid tweet id

MiamiNative0722, Prit Javier and Lyra repped this.
  19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought he's already a Bayern player now

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Vin - Haaland - Mbappe
    Valverde - Odegaard
    Camavinga
    Mendy - X - Militao - Hakimi
    T-Bow
    OUT: Modrić, Isco, James, Marcelo, Jović *, Odriozola, Bale, Mariano, Benzema?, Nacho, Hazard
    OUT - LOAN: Jović*, Brahim, Kubo, etc..

IN: Mbappe, Haaland, Camavinga, CB
    IN - from loan / buyback: Hakimi, Odegaard, Reguilon

Halycon and Prit Javier repped this.
  21. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I hope so he actually stays in the box unlike a lot of our players

temesgen and Drouchk repped this.
  22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    And before he is being utilized as Benzema.....:laugh:

Prit Javier repped this.
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Where the F is Casemiro, our best player?

RMSocrates and Digital repped this.
  24. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos and Casemiro don't exist anymore?

Digital repped this.
  25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Is he? I haven’t heard anything about that.

Prit Javier repped this.