Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    His profile is different to that of Kroos and Modric, while his touch isn’t that of Zidane’ s I don’t think it’s an issue, in fact you’re the first person I’ve seen complain about it.

I agree he has room to grow, he’s only 21 after all but I like the dynamic we got going in midfield currently, Casimero, Fede and then Kroos and Modric’s eventual replacement( likely Ødegaard ) should be durable.

2. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not knocking you but I gave up on this kind of thinking after "Benzema and Higuain will have us set up front for the next decade easily". That has not aged well at all.

Drouchk repped this.
  3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All I’d say about the set for a decade thing is I have no idea how , if we got him, this Camavinga kid will turn out, I just can’t tell how he will develop at the moment, too early

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Have you watched him?

5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No one is signing extensions with that Manchester City news bomb.

We all know PSG manipulated financials even worse than City, so I'm sure the players are waiting for the hammer to drop on them too (it won't).

Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  8. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    PSG has UEFA in its pocket.

Dont expect anything happen to them.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nothing will happen to City either tbh

Anon. repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is false.

There is too much damning evidence for City to evade all punishment. This is reminiscent of when other fans said nothing would happen to us when theu said we participated in the youth player scandal.

We didn't really participate but still got a ban. Even if it was shortened.

City are dead to rights and they pulled the trigger. With PSG they would never even attempt such because they are in Qatar's pockets. I wouldn't even be surprised if Qatar are the one's who "sponsored" this "attack".

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Transfer ban isn't the same as a ban from european tournaments. I'm not saying they won't be fined, but at the end of the day, the CL is losing out by not having some of the best players in europe in the tournament.

They backflipped on penalties and fines for PSG and City before.

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't believe this is the same kind if scenario. At best this gets reduced to one year.

The evidence is damning; all they can really argue is the harshness of the punishment.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

The case vs City is that they "overstated the income from sponsorship", which for me offers a different dimension:

How many of those megadeals that clubs announce with sponsors and have people here going oooh and aaah and "Florentino, do something!" are bullshit?

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This hypothetical doesn't matter.

The only thing that matters is that have City cornered and caught financial doping and have given them a punishment fitting for their crime.

Any appeal would be in hopes they gmcan get a year removed and even then that would cause and uproar because the damning evidence.

We got our reduction because we weren't really guilty.

atelti and Chelsea had theirs upheld because they were. The evidence was damning and consistent.

Anyways we will see. However, I don't believe they can escape without at least one year.

15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really think they’re going to reduce it completely? I think at best they shave a year off.

This is an unprecedented punishment. With a decision of this magnitude, I don’t think we can expect them to just discard it

Lyra repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2341 4x4s, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    I'm thinking replace it with a huge financial restriction/fine.

Personally i think it's bad for football as well. I'd rather watch City play than Leicester or Sheffield. As "unfair" as it seems, it's the same in Spain. Getafe in the CL is a cute story, but it's a waste of my time.

I'm also extremely careful about the whole process, it's about City declaring endorsement deals much higher than they actually were. They were also fined in 2014, but now it's about the years going back to 2012? Seems pretty weird to me.

I would like to remind people that nobody is safe, we were laughing at the transfer bans of others, and then got hit with one ourselves.

17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Please do not underestimate the power of a big company with the best lawyers money can afford. They will get a reduction, but they can't throw the entire punishment away. They might get a year off.

As for PSG, they probably already have the best accountants in Europe and probably lawyers to "package" their financial statement. That is what big business do normally and I do not see why PSG has not started fixing it.

Anon. repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    PSG were also clever enough to do the whole Mbappe loan now, buy later thing. They know what they are doing, although in the City case it's about endorsements not players transfers or contracts.

City are not being chased for spending a lot, they are being apparently caught declaring sponsorship deals of say, 200 mil. but essentially receiving the money from other sources.

So if tomorrow somebody finds out that we didn't receive our Fly Emirates endorsement from the company directly, but from one of the company owners/investors, do we have to deal with a european competition ban?

Very complicated indeed.

19. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really do not follow the FFP at all. In general, the big business can get away with things and PSG is the biggest in the football world.

20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have, I’m not saying he isn’t a good prospect, I’m saying he’s very young and no one can be absolutely sure which way his career will go from here, I hope it continues on the trajectory that it’s on now ( especially if he comes to us) but at this point it could go in any direction, my view is that, to think right now if we get him we are set for ten years, I’m not sure how anyone can be sure of that at this time.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People called Pogba the "safe bet Balon d'Or post Messi and Ronaldo" as well.

Or the panic that ensued here when United signed Anderson and Nani.

22. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Anderson actually retired a few months ago. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Deep Pal and temesgen repped this.
  23. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Any more news on the Cherki front? I hope we sign that kid before Bayern or PSG snap him up, he’s going to be a special player.

24. Realist

Realist Member

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2019
    We wasted money on Hazard , Vinicius and Rodrygo instead of just going all in for Mbappe. This is literally the only player out of those 4 that would fit in Zidane's system perfectly.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Put the crack pipe down