Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dortmund apparently values him at 180 ME as that's how much Mbappe went for in 2017. PL teams will pay that much as well in a market where an English CB went for 80 ME+. My guess is him returning to City when they sell Sane to Bayern this summer. I don't see us spending that much on a kid with attitude issues when we already have Hazard as regular starter and Vinicius/Rodrygo/Asensio etc fighting for a spot.

Prit Javier repped this.
  2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Mbappe renewed his contract (unlikely but still possible), who would be your plan B for our attack?

It’s safe to say our attack remains poor for our standards

3. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Putting pressure on Mbappe camp that there are other options if he doesn't make a move?

Bear Crotch repped this.
  4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Anon., madridista_hr, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Hell nah.

That's probably the players agent and stupid dailies trying to sell papers.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What is Marca's next exclusive? "Hazard to Madrid imminent!"?

Funny thing was while we were actually negotiating for Camavinga they knew nothing..

7. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Maybe pressuring Barca to pay up wages and fee.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This please. I think if we rebuild our midfield next season with Camavinga and VdB replacing Isco, James and Modric, I think we would have have a great summer. I know people are down on VdB, and the price is a bit too much, but I love the player in Zidane's system.

9. AllWhites

AllWhites Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Willian is on a free transfer next season. Would be a steal.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I want Isak. The other option might be Haaland, but I think he is similar to Jovic. Isak seemed to have better pace and movement than both Haaland and Jovic. But I don't understand why Borussia Dortmund sold him to Real Sociedad for 6.5 million euros. The buyback clause is 30 million, I read. I thought the seller normally set the buyback clause at a price where the buyer could not benefit that much. So Sociedad could make 4.6 times of that fees. Isn't it too much for a buyback clause? Did Borussia know something that the rest of the football world do not know?

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Prit Javier repped this.
  12. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    plus he is British so they are always overhyped

temesgen repped this.
  13. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We are waiting for 2021 and I guess they can still say no or he leaves on a free.

14. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Well Camavinga is a good buy as we do not have much def midfielders. VdB should only come if we sell some attacking players.

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1228259672483880960 is not a valid tweet id

16. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

17. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Its good we are getting a young defensive midfielder

18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    With the addition of Camavinga we’d be set for a decade in terms of midfield, he is 16 while Fede and Odegaard are both 21.

Anon., madridista_hr and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This Lautaro stuff seems like some nonsense to me. The goal is Mbappé. If he extends this summer, he's off the market, if he doesn't, he's on the market for big money in 2021 unless something unexpected happens.

20. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I’ve seen this story before - there are old threads where you guess the team in five years and the results are hilarious (mine included).

I think Odegaard might make it. I am sceptical about Fede (I hope I am wrong to be so). I think he’s great for our system but he’s not elite on the ball, and if we have the option to get Pogba or another similar player for a reasonable price I think we might go for that.

Hsain85, Anon., Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Obviously there are no guarantees in football but if you still need to be sold on Fede then I don’t know what to tell you, what exactly do you consider elite on the ball for a midfielder? Step overs, nutmegs etc... ? I think Fede is great on the ball, he carries it forward better than the majority of midfielders today, wouldn’t trade him for Pogba in a million years,

Prit Javier and Excape Goat repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pogba is old news. Plaugued with injuries and last impressive season was 2015-16. Fede's trajectory is upwards unlike Pogba.

Prit Javier and Drouchk repped this.
  23. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that’s an exaggeration. Things change quickly in football. Same thing was said when Kovacic and Ceballos were bought for example, and now look.

This sport produces the “next big thing” every 6 months

Prit Javier, Anon. and Shay Z repped this.
  24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Yes there are obviously no guarantees, Camavinga could flop for all we know and the others could have career ending injuries, that type of caveat is always there and doesn’t need to be highlighted all the time. I’m speaking from the if everything goes well angle and it’s possible, we got many players on our current roster who’ve been there for over a decade or close to it despite the next big thing being produced every 6 months.

As for Ceballos or Kova neither were ever as important for the team as Fede currently is, they were never key players, I think that’s an important distinction to make.
    There is a reason his agent is now propping the Juve angle up, it’s most likely because we’re no longer interested.

Prit Javier and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    His touch is just slightly heavy for me, has the feel of a defensive midfielder rather than say a Kroos or Modric. Those two are high standards for him, but that’s the level we expect from a starting midfielder.

He still has time to improve it, and his ability off the ball more than makes up for it for now.

Again, I would love for him to keep doing it but a lot can change in a year, especially after a breakout season. if you see those old threads they are filled with one or two season players. I honestly thought Canales would easily make it here.

Let’s hope he keeps improving, because I’d much rather have him here for free (and outperforming the competition) than Pogba for even 50 million.