Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mbappé joined them and instantly botched his presentation interview. Dude doesn't give a damn about PSG.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Sure buddy, Bale was finished and cashing in summer 2017 before we won out final CL, the year he was battling in World Cup qualifers trying to get Wales in their first in forever.

Lol another twist of facts and truth.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol you also said he doesn't give a damn about Madrid, didn't really follow the club, has no leverage, etc etc etc

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man whatever. Keep believing he joined PSG for any other reason than the money. :D

There's a lot of things to hold up against Bale but Mbappe going to PSG isn't one of them.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah thought of reversing the roles this time. Seems silly enough. Wonder how you people keep repeating it though...

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So we both learned something out of this. You learned that he would join us regardless of who was in Madrid, I learned that he has a preference.

Everybody applauded.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If adama were a Getafe player you wouldn't care, but the proximity makes the player stand out more to you.

8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1226181393446658049 is not a valid tweet id

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No matter how many times you repeat this, this isn't true

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2260 4x4s, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Apparently the Letang/Real Madrid thing is a bit overstated.

Letang was supposedly always been looked at critically after sacking Christian Gourcuff, and in the summer he sold a lot of the important players and spent huge wages (for Rennes standards at least) on players like Nzonzi that are labeled transfer busts.

He also wasn't "kicked out" as is being said, he basically resigned, so there's probably more going on there than him talking to teams about selling a player. Most people seem to side with him over the club owner, also the L'Equipe article claims the owners were unhappy with the player not extending his contract for a longer period of time, but most people note that he was U18 at the time so they could have only signed him to a 3 year contract at the most.

He is also a former PSG sporting director, so there might be something around that corner as well.

Pretty weird overall, especially since nobody believes that the club will turn down a large offer for the player no matter who is the president.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I think they actually wanted to.

Rennes are doing fantastic this year and have a great chance to make the CL. For all the criticism they had for Letang, he actually built a winning side.

I believe the owners see that now and see Camavinga being central to this. Combine Letang trying to move Camavinga with his conflicts with the staff and boom, he is unceremoniously forced out

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Reading people that support Rennes online, apparently the owners hold the club as a source of entertainment, don't know sh*t about football and have no clue. The club went on it's best run in history under Letang and everybody firmly believes that they'll now fade right back where they came from.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, Letang did a great job there. Which is why it was ironic and a bit amusing considering the owners feel he hasn't ran the club well.. yet the club is exceeding every expectation.

I didn't know about the owners using the club as a play thing. Man that must suck.

14. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    It will be interesting who would be our fullbacks next season.On the left we have mendy,marcelo and reguilon and on the right we have carvajal,odriozola and hakimi.Hakimi can play both flanks as well as nacho.I think marcelo time is over.I miss the old marcelo who made difference in attack.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let me state at least a share of worry about Hakimi. He's been highly effective going forward but Lucien Favre's scheme has completely taken the defending aspect out of him and when Dortmund switch to four defenders they are getting battered defensively.

As I said, I'm not saying the player isn't worth talking about in a positive way, but it's bad for us that he's not playing what we sent him there to play.

16. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree. Ideally he’d be playing RB week in week out.

However looking at the sort of mins some of our other loanees have got in the recent few years and you then look at the CL experience Hakimi has received, all in all it’s been positive.

17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO, If ZZ is still the coach Mendy will be our LB and Carvajal will be our RB, not sure who the back ups will be

Deep Pal, Anon. and Drouchk repped this.
  18. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Deep Pal, Prit Javier and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  19. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    I don’t believe this is true. Brozovic is negotiating a new contract with Inter and wants more money.

Prit Javier repped this.
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1227492447917240321 is not a valid tweet id

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I've seen this guy play lately and he's pretty legit for a 19 year old, he can play both as a CM and a DM, the perfect signing to help out Casemiro. Pirlo recently said that he's the best midfielder in Serie A.

Transfermarkt has him valued at ~30M.

Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  22. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    If its like 12m i think we will do it

23. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Sell Vallejo. Bring him in. No brainer.

Prit Javier repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Excape Goat, Drouchk and Zidane05 repped this.
  25. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England