Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004

As I understand it, doesn't Alaba want to play as a midfielder? I thought he wasn't interested in being a LB anymore?

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No rumor about Haaland?

3. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He said he has a lot to give to Dortmund and a day later took photos to be the main star of the advertisement campaign for the new Dortmund kit.

He's staying there next season.

Deep Pal, Dr. MvN, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, it's quite obvious Rennes owner (Pinault) is trying to drive up the price as much as possible. They don't actually care for the individual as a player.

I mean part of the reason they fired Letang (he "quit" according to the media) was because he was negotiating quietly behind Pinault's back with Florentino for a much lower amount.

Ever since then the stance from Rennes has been they refuse to sell... and attempt to play on the family's empathy in hopes they can get him to sign an extension.

In the end all they really care about is getting the kid to sign an extension so they can fleece us for some insane amount.

That's why I said weeks ago that it's all up to Camaving and his family. Let's hope Zidane can convince him.

If Zidane does, Rennes will have to come to the table.

Prit Javier repped this.
  6. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Yeh ! Hopefully they knocked out of the qualifying round of the CL in august

7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    temesgen and Eddie repped this.
  8. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why sad? dude just wanted to be automatic startet. Not gonna happen. Good luck, bye.

Deep Pal and Prit Javier repped this.
  9. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am not a big fan of Hakimi. He is very good going forward, but he is not a full back. He is a liability in that position. And he is not good enough to be a RW for a team like RM.
    He can do very well in a 3-5-2 formation, but it is foolish to think that he would just as good as an RB in 4 man defensive line.
    Good luck to him. Now let’s find the Mendy of RBs :D

Anon. repped this.
  10. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sad thing is the price. Transfermarkt has his valued at 54 mln. euros and we are selling him only for only 40. We paid the same amount for Odriozola, who wasn't looking nowhere near as talented as he is now.
    I get it that other clubs have lower expectations (ex. Danilo, Theo Hernandez) but I am sure that there would be candidates for more money.

11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I guess Zidane didn't rate Hakimi as high as some folks thought in this forum.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What does Zidane's rating of Hakimi have to do with Hakimi's own desire to start and not compete with Carvajal?

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm on the fence about the Hakimi deal. I wanted the player to come back and compete but maybe he doesnt' want that. I wanted the transfer fee to be higher, but maybe it's just enough in the current economy (taking the Sane to Bayern fee for comparison).

Good read from a few days back. I wonder what Zidane's thoughts on this are, I mentioned earlier in the summer that he might not be very fond of Hakimi (got nothing to prove it, just a feeling).

Whatever the reasons are, it always sucks to sell a canterano, especially such a talented one. Maybe in a few years, our paths will meet again.

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Not sure if this has been talked about here, but it's been revealed that Odegaard has been dealing with knee tendinitis since October and Real Sociedad has been pushing him to play through it.

I'm cancelling that loan deal and bringing him back this summer.

15. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And I would actually look for another team for Kubo (other than Sociedad as rumored).

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  16. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We need to reassess our handling of our loan players, somewhere between being more careful with where we send players and how they are handled, to not being overbearing to the point where we put off clubs from taking our players in the future.

I wonder if this for example was ever communicated to the club by Odegaards team.

Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Devastating news. Apparently Nadal has been playing with this injury since he was 21 and Cristiano also had a similar injury back in 2014 that forced him to drastically change his style.

I read that he could be out for 3-4 months.

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It's a chronic condition, which will probably need a lot of rest now to relieve it, then constant management moving forward. Criminal from Real Sociedad if they didn't notify parent club of this, and it doesn't sound like they did.

As others mentioned, this is a straw that would change future negotiations and deals between the two clubs. Bring Odegaard back and have him monitored by the club here.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's in the match squad...

They want to return him to us in a body bag i guess.

20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently the club has now established a more formal department to handle loans. Think this happened late last year.

Doni repped this.
  21. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah I remember reading about this a couple of months ago. It’s actually quite surprising that we didn’t have this committee set up already considering how many players we’ve loaned out over the years and how many of them have seen very little opportunity for progression. Better late than never I guess though.

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Deep Pal and ImadEdd repped this.
  23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'd like to see him earn his way into a starter role and I think he'd be a option as a RB or RW considering we don't really have RW solved right now. But I heard a couple days ago that we had first right of refusal which if that is true and he goes there and does well we can bring him back. My biggest concern is the formation won't improve the aspect of his game that is really in question.

Eddie repped this.
  25. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right of refusal only works if they want to sell him eventually. Pretty bummed there is no buyback. Hope we have a plan next season for backing up Dani, and getting him more help on the right.

RMSocrates, temesgen and Prit Javier repped this.