Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So why are we selling Hakimi for so cheap? I know the marker is down but it sounds like the payments will be split over the next 3 years, so no huge lump sum upfront. I don’t get it, seems like we could’ve held out a bit for more.

Deep Pal, temesgen and Kroosinator repped this.
  2. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    #4352 Prit Javier, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  3. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Did we include a sell on clause incase inter sell, I know there is no buy back option

4. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    You live in Germany?

5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is what hurts me. I like the player but i think that he is a bit overrated, especially on this board, but he's still young and could have progressed so much in the next couple of years with us.

Ridiculously low price tag for one of the biggest RB/RWB talents.

Deep Pal, temesgen and -Reivax- repped this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Where is the Inter CEO quote coming from? I can't find it anywhere. Goal had an article about it but they quickly deleted it.

Prit Javier repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Zidane05 and ImadEdd repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hakimi has two more seasons left on his contract. If he's this adamant about playing, I could see him leaving on his last contract year for next to nothing. I think this is what played the biggest part of it. The club probably tried to get him to extend his contract and he possibly balked wanting assurances first.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think 50 mil. is cheap for a fullback.

11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's lower than his Transfermarkt value, which is usually lower than realistic values.

TM also has him as the second most expensive RB in the world. TAA is first and Dani is third.

Deep Pal and MaxY repped this.
  12. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I think we should have asked for more or tell them to insert a buy back clause otherwise ******** off like they did with Lautaro to Barcelona

Deep Pal and Eddie repped this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Transfermarkt values are curated by the members of the site, that are located in Germany. Most of the times the players in Germany are valued higher than their market value, Werner was valued at +10 mil. Euro than he actually ended up being worth.

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Most of the transfers that I followed went for approx 10%-20% higher than the players value on TM.

40M is a good price, but we could have gotten more with both Bayern and especially City interested in Hakimi. Not a bad price at all, he's just worth more imo.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern said they will not be making any big investments due to losses from the virus. They are currently more interesting in selling than buying.

Whoever expected big money transfers to happen this summer is being ridiculous.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Also forget about us selling to Inter, i'm shocked he wants to join Inter. A club that is basically trying to "compete". I would have thought he'd have chosen a winning situation. Inter is such a boring sidways step for his career from Dortmund.

18. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    It's absolutely a Conte influence signing.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    In this economic climate the reported figures actually are pretty decent for a FB; specifically because we aren't attempting a shady deal like barca-juve.

The issue is with Achraf defensive struggles is he really a FB?

Now of we reevaluate him as a RW onstead of a RB...

Eddie repped this.
  20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    those work out so well.....

21. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I can’t imagine it’s anything else. Unless literally no other club was interested or wouldn’t put up the same few Inter have.

22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Selling an academy product who has actually reached a pretty high level and is still young just hurts. I know we’ll figure something out but for now I’m just gonna sulk a bit.

Deep Pal, ahnaf, Edino Edinho and 7 others repped this.
  23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'm sure that's correct as that is a lot of money for that club especially in this climate. My point is Conte doesn't exactly have the best record with this sort of thing.

Personally I would have liked Hakimi to return, he would have made a good option as a RW or RB to rotate with Dani.

madridista_hr repped this.
  24. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    I mean, if there's any team with a realistic chance at winning the league over Juventus in the next few years, Inter is about it. Not unless Napoli sees a real bounceback next season. Inter's on an 83-point pace right now for this season and that's really nothing to sneeze at. For reference, Dortmund was on a 77-point pace in a 38-game season, though obviously this isn't a perfect comparison since Dortmund obviously took their foot off the gas pedal once Bayern clinched the league title. Inter also squared off against them pretty well during the Champions League.

So I would say Inter is probably around Dortmund's level with a better chance at improving from where they're at.

25. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is what hurts the most. I honestly dont think we are missing out on a generational talent here. The fee is about what we paid for Mendy, so for once we are selling for as much as we buy for, a massive achievement lol. I dont get why he is going to Inter, he can probably get more money and join a more competitive team than them, and he can also grow more under a coach that plays him as a FB.

I dont think we need a 50M player to be Carvajal's backup.

Deep Pal, Nathanial Essex and Digital repped this.