Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Can't miss here. Should be our top priority for us this summer, and if that's the only signing we make, I'm fine.

Deep Pal, Lyra, madridista_hr and 4 others repped this.
  2. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    Love the player, but given our pipeline of Attacking Mids/ Second Strikers this one makes 0 sense to me. Just hope he doesn't go to a club I hate lol

libertao repped this.
  3. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    Love the player, but given our pipeline of Attacking Mids/ Second Strikers this one makes 0 sense to me. Just hope he doesn't go to a club I hate lol
    Assuming our finances are in order (I have faith in Flo), this is a no brainer. Will be here for 10+ years, easily

Prit Javier repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah absolutely, as I said, if we get him it's probably at the expense of Haaland, but he is versatile enough to play across the front line and even as the 8 in our midfield. Bayern is probably eyeing him to replace Lewandowski.

Deep Pal and Prit Javier repped this.
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From the little I’ve seen ( not a regular watcher of Leverkusen) I like his game, seems decent technically and smart, however he must be one hell of a player if he is good enough to either replace Lewandowski or Kroos, two top of the line players, in completely different positions, don’t know about the rumour but I’ll certainly be watching more of Leverkusen to have a better look at him

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Ok let me step back a bit because those are two of the best players of their generation. I meant prepositionally rather than talent wise. He's completely different from both. He is going to be an outstanding player and one of the best in a few years, and he'd do very well to come close career wise to either of those.

And with all that said, while I'd love to have him here, he'll be a luxury unless we're cutting bait on some players.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I have stated many times this is the only signing we should be making in this climate.

He is a must. Automatically we will be deeper in midfield and more versatile.

8. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    never understood why Zidane went with one holding midfielder last year.
    I remember in 2002-03 we had Cambiasso , Makelele, Celades & Flavio who could also play their

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1269336575072141312 is not a valid tweet id

Deep Pal, RMrules, Excape Goat and 5 others repped this.
  10. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    Not that I had much doubt, but I've been waiting for the club to say something offical on that front.

11. W8W8

W8W8 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    Jul 15, 2018
    Hakimi, Odegaard back and buying Camavinga that would be pretty damm good transfer window and only buying one player :thumbsup:

Prit Javier, RMrules, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’d agree with that, just as long as the players we have upfront are able to finish the plethora of chances I’d hope we’d be able to create

Excape Goat, W8W8 and Deep Pal repped this.
  13. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    finally watched Camavinga on Youtube.He is left footed:)dont understand the Casemiro comparison,he doesnt look like a DM but more like a dynamic CM.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At his age Casemiro was considered a CM too. He's 17 and midfield positions aren't easy to define at that age, however in his case it looks like he will be a world class CM or DM, doesn't really matter.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Digital and 6 others repped this.
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1270435560050614272 is not a valid tweet id

Deep Pal, madridista_hr, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  16. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    Agreed. Nitpicking, but Camavinga is playing as a DM now, but when you see his dribbling, pace, strength and passing with that tackling ability you want to make him even more

That said, he could easily slot into this team as a rotational DM and CM. Backup for Case and Fede. Not sure if thats the best move, but I want us to lock this kid up. Even if it means a loan back which could be huge with them playing in the CL

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We need to close the deal this summer even if we have to loan him back. Can't get complacent because players/families mind can change when PSG has another year to convince with $$$.

Prit Javier and Anon. repped this.
  18. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yup, I remember seeing one Brazil U-17 (or maybe 18) a long time ago and he was playing CM/AM. When I realized it was the same Casemiro, our DM beast I was shook lol. He seemed like a true 10 in that game.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  19. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Yes, but we didn't until we felt the pressure. That proves my point.

Nah -- particularly when you take Hazard out of the equation, our net spend in recent years completely contradicted that old narrative. We did not overpay for Kroos, most did not believe (at least at the time) that we overpaid for Courtois, and with a year or more of hindsight have come out on top in recent years' big sales like Ozil, ADM, and Morata plus Kovacic, Danilo and even Jese. Hazard and Jovic in the same summer has a scent of panic buys, but hopefully they prove me wrong.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like our transfer strategy.

21. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Redondo was a DM, but he was much more than just a Makelele

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Makelele wasn’t Redondo but he could also play, and bring the ball forward, think he gets too much flak as being “just” a destroyer

23. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would anyone be interested in loaning out Jovic for next year and signing Cavani to a 1-year deal? We could sort of "punt" on the striker position until the summer of 2021. That way, hopefully the financial effects of COVID are lessened, Mbappe has 1 year let on his deal, Haaland's €75M release clause will be active, and we can assess Jovic's progress as a full-time starter for a year elsewhere.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think Cavani is looking at a one year deal. He wants a three year deal from Atlético or PL clubs.

Prit Javier repped this.
  25. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah you're probably right - just trying to think of short-term solutions. It feels like our main targets (Haaland and Mbappe) are most definitely unavailable this summer. And I don't know how much Zidane and the club trust Jovic these days.