Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    #3226 Umar, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    I thought you meant the fee should be capped to 5%, but its paid out of the transfer.

I couldn’t care what percentage the fee is between player and agent (so long as it’s not extortionate and fairly represents the level of service the agent provides to the player). I just care that the money flows in a logical manner (from Principal to Agent, and not from third party to agent).

Yeah there’s a shedload of dodgy practices in football because there’s huge sums involved and little oversight. Leagues are trying to tinker around the edges (eg European leagues banning third party ownership of players rights etc) but they need to ensure that the money flow is clear and that people are only paid by the people they work for, or under a clear contract.

I think Blatter paid Platini millions for some “work” done years before for which there was no contract and for which the statute of limitations had run out (so Platini couldn’t sue even if it was in fact owed)?? This is an example of the past culture in football where people just paid their mates or people they wanted good relations with out of money that didn’t belong to them.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Nah, that has to be capped. In Europe you're dealing with kids who haven't even gone to school.

In America we have to at least get through High School and we still aren't equipped enough to withstand a seasoned agent. They would be dead in the water.

3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah agents need to be paid...of players contracts, marketing ads, movies, etc. Anything that generates his client profit

An agent getting paid for a transfer by the club is such a scam. They act as brokers as if clubs as big as Man U and Madrid need them to make contact. They can negotiate the transfer and then the agent can negotiate his player's contract and get paid off that.

Agents getting paid on transfer fees is a conclict of interests. An agent has to have his client's best interest at heart...but if he gets paid by making switch clubs, he might be tempted to manipulate a transfer to profit.

4. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good luck trying to convince a player to extend his contract for a month or two and risk getting injured when he'd rather spend that time actually signing a multi year contract with a club that wants him.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's what a lot of clubs have been criticising apparently. That there is no stopping a player that wants to leave at the end of his original contract. He can sign a preagreement with another club and then chill instead of breaking his bones for them.

6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The article states that Cristiano's visit to the Bernabeu for the latest Clasico sprung rumors of a potential return for CR7 to Los Blancos. Plus, the growing financial burden on Juventus may lead them to sell assets. However, it says the Madrid brass is not planning any move for Cristiano.

Interestingly, there's a poll on the article for the public and with over 160k votes in, 59% said they would want to buy Cristiano back.

Cristiano is our GOAT and he's still putting up decent stats, but I think bringing him back would probably be a loss of resources, a disruption to the ongoing redevelopment at the club, and would probably not breed new success.

If the poll is a decent sample size, I'm probably in the minority.

Stiliyan, Excape Goat and Lyra repped this.
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'd welcome his return with open arms provided it's at a rate reflecting his current contributions.

Prit Javier, lukita, AriGold and 6 others repped this.
  8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Same. If he agrees to a salary more fitting his output I would love to have him back for 2 years and then retire him with class.

He can still score goals and he’s a threat and a good influence for some of the youngsters who will see him maniacal work ethic and maybe learn a thing or two from him. It’s never gonna happen tho. That chapter is closed.

Anon., yoanaidarov, Stiliyan and 4 others repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He is my favorite player in history next to Zidane, however that time has passed.

Cristiano would never accept less money. Also Juventus would never let him leave for anything reasonable.

Lastly, Cristiano would want to play every moment. Combine that with Hazard and Benzema then we wouldn't habe any opportunities for our Brazil duo or others.

In a perfect scenario, he comes back to play a role, but that isn't his personality and if it were he wouldn't be the greatest.

Digital, J-Mezzy, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Madrid negotiates two options for lowering wages, according to SER

A 12% pay cut in the event that competitions are resumed after the crisis and a 20% drop if they are canceled early. As AS learned, the players have shown a good predisposition: the agreement can be closed in 48 hours.

The basketball team has already given the green light to the proposal.

https://as.com/futbol/2020/04/07/pr...=QUNUVUFMSURBRA==&m3=Mg==&m4=dmlkZW8=&m5=MjE=

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #3236 Saeta Rubia, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Raiola positioned in RM transfer window with Haaland, Pogba and Ligt.

Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo, no

Madrid gradually renews its squad and the striker they seek will be a young player for a ten-year future, a role played by Mbappé and Haaland.

The Madrid sports management periodically monitors strikers who meet the objective of performing in the medium and long term. In this sense, Mbappé and Haaland are two men who meet those requirements. They're not the only ones, but they're on the white house's list of futures . Zidane does not think of Cristiano as a future today either .

The scouts of the club usually watch fifty players and among them are those two forwards and others who are not over 25 years old. Cristiano, with 35, is not the idea that Real Madrid has in its plans.

https://www.abc.es/deportes/real-ma...no-piensa-cristiano-202004071237_noticia.html

Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  12. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    Cristiano brings out a lot of emotion out of me when I think about watching him since he joined us in 2009 and everything we went thru with him and putting that to the side and thinking about him joining again I still would want him. I honestly would want to see him back here and to retire here but maybe then getting rid of Benzema would be the only way? He would be taking someones spot either Benz or the youngsters so it would be hard. It would be very difficult and complicated and wouldn't make sense after letting him go and I truly think he regrets leaving but anything can happen, we will see.

Zidane05 repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Raiola positioning himself where he assumes there could be money.

yoanaidarov, Digital, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  14. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Ronaldo coming back YES please.Cristiano at 40 will score more goals than Benzema,Bale,Vinicius,Mariano,Lucas and Isco COMBINED lets be real

15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I’m very uneasy about this.

temesgen repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

MiamiNative0722 and Prit Javier repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1247802698012884993 is not a valid tweet id

1247803222753853440 is not a valid tweet id

1247803851534528514 is not a valid tweet id

18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Raiola is smart
    He knows Madrid will be one of the few clubs left in the world in a decent financial position after this mess. He is betting on the odds and betting early.

Anon., Ahmadi8, Umar and 4 others repped this.
  19. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
  20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haaland - Literally half of a season wonder. Yet he's a sure bet for the next 10 years :ROFLMAO:
    Pogba - A constantly injured, trouble making diva. Stagnated just like Isco.
    De Ligt - A super slow, error prone CB who failed to adapt at Juventus in a retirement home league where Immobile is the top scorer. Basically a shit Pique yet he's supposed to shine at Madrid? And Militao also doesn't exist.

No, thank you.

Not to mention that Raiola is a disease which
    gnaws at the club.

21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How long will Pogba be able to live off hype?

I mean enough is enough. Guy has not shown anything special in years yet he is still considered an elite player

Prit Javier and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  22. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just like Isco in Madrid. At least Pogba is criticized in the press. Isco is Spanish so he gets a free pass.

Anon. repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd only take Haaland. Pogba's best days are behind him long way back at Juve. And he'd block Odegaard's way since Case and Fede will be starters as well. We need Camavinga and Odegaard to add balance to midfield. Concerned about Jovic's passive attitude and off field issues which were there at Benfica as well. Haaland doesn't seem the type to mail it in.

xRamos4 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Isco has his father Zidane to thank for the playing time and his citizenship for the fan support. But i doubt he is desired outside of Spain

Pogba on the other hand is still hyped in different leagues lol

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1247863701627117568 is not a valid tweet id

Prit Javier, Anon., Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.