Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This would give him, Rodrygo, Vinicius and Reinier time to develop a bit more and shape into actual roles.

Tremendous talent, I am on board with this.

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Agreed. I don't think you can have enough young talent coming through the pipeline.

Ssr9, Shay Z and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  3. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we signed Halaand, what are the chances we'd loan Dortmund Jovic in return? He obviously did incredibly well in Germany and they're probably top 3 in youth development, seems like a good fit for both of us.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Was thinking about that.

Problem with that is:

1. The gap between Haaland and Jovic isn't that big, if we take into account what Jovic went through this season.
    2. Given 1, why are we expecting Haaland to overtake Benzema if he comes here?

Digital repped this.
  5. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    I've suggested this earlier. But I'd imagine Dortmund would want an option to buy. We could include one for full price, similar to what Barca/Bayern did.

In the highly hypothetical scenario where buy Haaland, we would most likely sell Jovic. And unfortunately at a reduced rate after this season.

I think would align everyones interests

6. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well they don't have a purchase option on Hakimi - correct? I could see them agreeing to a 2 year loan so that we're not yanking him immediately after they get him back on his feet, they'd reap the rewards for another year. I say Benz has at least another 2 years here, so if Halaand ends up being the answer, we wouldn't need a 3rd 9 until that time anyways.

Plus, I think in the future, a Jovic+Halaand partnership might work well. Didn't Jovic succeed in Frankfurt playing off a true #9 like Halaand? Although it seems we have a glut of wingers and attacking midfielders in the pipeline, so not sure a 2 striker system in the future is plausible.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  7. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    Sign me up

8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good points here. And I’d suggest they are not really in a position of leverage as it seems clear Haaland sees Dortmund only as a stepping stone. Plus, they will need as much talent as they can get even if only on loan if they lose both Haaland and Sancho

Lyra repped this.
  9. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    Fair point on Hakimi, but we also weren't buying a superstar fullback from them on the other end.

Also agree on Jovic playing off Haaland. That was how he played in Frankfurt and is a great point. But just dont see it with us having (in this hypo) Haaland, Hazard, Vini, Rodrygo, Kubo, Renier, Odegaard (if you see him as an AM) in attack. Also wont even mention potential additions of Cherki or the big M.

10. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So does anyone know whats up with Halaand's clause? I thought I originally read that it wasn't active until 2021. But all the reporting seems to be ignoring that now, so maybe it's active this summer? If we are triggering a clause, I don't know how much leverage they have to demand a purchase option. JAS just says you can have no Halaand and no Jovic or you can have Jovic on loan for 2 years and we'll cover some of the cost for your trouble.

And no doubt - as these kids age, it's going to be a massive (but good) headache to pick the system that accommodates everyone. Don't envy the man making those decisions.

11. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    It's my understanding that it's not active until 2021. But that does not preclude Dortmund from selling. It's possible they can recieve a higher fee this summer if a club doesnt want to wait. And who knows what their liquidity needs will be with a likely forfited remainder of the season. They are a bean counter club after all....

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't see Florentino giving up on Jovic so quickly unless Zidane really forces it.

It's only been one season and Zidane not only approved Jovic's transfer he was part of those requesting it.

If Zidane gives up this early that is a huge character warning and would explain why Jovic magically couldn't make a teamsheet.

13. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    I think you hit the nail on the head. He's clearly a very talented player, but there is a reason Zidane doesnt trust him. Between this Corona thing and his bad behavior at Benfica, I'm worried about his outlook. A damn shame, I was expecting a huge impact from the guy

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I thought he was a no-brainer.

Still don't know what he can be... he can score from anywhere but his mentality is so passive on the pitch. Ironically he isn't so laid back off of it.

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dortmund fear that Real Madrid will go after Haaland

Every news of the approach drops like a bomb at Signal Iduna Park. His agent, Raiola, has received a call from Borussia to see what is true.

The reality is that Madrid has not yet made any move for Haaland. They simply monitors the player, as did before he signed for Borussia, who paid 20 million euros to Salzburg and another 23 in commissions: eight for the player's father and 15 for his representative Raiola. This has already confirmed to Borussia, according to what they tell us, that the idea of Haaland is to continue growing in Borussia, with which he has scored 12 goals in 11 games, and that he will not move this summer. The problem is what will happen from the next transfer window, the winter window of the 2020-21 campaign, when Haaland will have a clause of 75 million euros, very affordable for a scorer of that caliber and age.

And in recent times they have made two of the best trades of the market: Jadon Sancho arrived 7.8 million and is now valued at 130 and Haaland itself cost 20 and now Transfermarkt given a value of 80 .. . Now, the approach of Madrid, although they are also aware that the relationship between Watzke and Florentino is excellent and the white club would always be face to face, jeopardizing their project. And that worries.

https://as.com/futbol/2020/04/02/pr...=QUNUVUFMSURBRA==&m3=NA==&m4=dmlkZW8=&m5=MjE=

Lyra and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Absolute nonsense.

17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    100M transfers are no-go. Haaland will go for 30M euros. Not a penny more!

Prit Javier repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "Real Madrid has had no contact with the player, no contact with Dortmund"

But lets write an entire report about a speculative transfer with no transfer window in sight. Seriously, whoever buys into all this nonsense is either bored or simply naive.

Dortmund basically said there is no amount of money they'd sell the player right now. I don't se us jumping all out into a situation when the player has a buyout after the next season either. It makes fifty times more sense to give Jovic another season and then either approach the player with the buyout or not.

It's just so nonsensical, you'd have to be an idiot to believe it.

Açores57 and MaxY repped this.
  19. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    That Hazard move has thrown any sense of logic out.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We've been poking at it for years though and the bad season kind of forced us. I see no reason to make an approach for Haaland now.

Sports writers in Madrid basically working in home office and don't know what the hell to write.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Fabian Ruiz rumors make no sense considering his contract expires in 2023 and the president he works under is a loudmouth greedy fool.

Halaand would only make sense if Zidane has given up on Jovic (no truth to this) and Dortmund accept a swap.

We're probably going to be really low key this summer and just bring back players and get rid of deadweight because teams are going to want to sell cheaply unless financially forced to move assets.

22. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    Lyra repped this.
  23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    There are better options than Fabian - price / performance ratio. Invest in Camavinga and bring Odegaard back.

As for Jović. I expected a break-out season on top level, instead i`ve got the contrary. I don`t feel comfortable of going in another season with Hazard, Benzema and Jović. Loan for me. Offer Jović to BvB and go after Haaland. Best solution for everybody imo.

Anon. repped this.
  24. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    The club is desperate for goals. Jovic hasn't lived up to it and his off field stuff is distracting him. Also he is no Benzema, I don't imagine Jovic will be getting as much support from management as Benzema does.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I see neither Dortmund selling him after effectively 3 months on the field and neither us making an approach this bold this summer. It's pointless. The guy has a buyout after next season, this is where the battle will be fought. Whoever goes in and tries to spend twice as much now is an idiot especially with no real idea how this season will pan out financially for everybody.