Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Barca was fcked in either case considering how much of their operating budget is eaten by wage bill. Ours is sitting bellow 60%. Much easier to deal with situation.

2. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard/Vinicius - Halaand/Benzema - Rodrygo/Asensio
    Valverde/Kroos - Casemiro/Camavinga - Odegaard/Isco
    Mendy/Reguilon - Ramos/Militao - Varane/Nacho - Hakimi/Carvajal
    Courtois/????​

In: Halaand, Camavinga, Odegaard, Reguilon, Hakimi - 130M
    Sold: Marcelo, Odriozola, Modric, James, Bale, Mariano, Vazquez - 75M
    Loaned: Jovic, Lunin, Kubo, Ceballos, Brahim, Reinier

Poch would make each of these youngsters world class :rolleyes:

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From what latest reports suggest, Reguilon is apparently not coming back.

4. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really? I was unsure of this, I remember him only having a year left on his contract when we loaned him, but figured we worked something out extension-wise (like we did with James before he went to Bayern). I read some headline recently where he said Madrid was home and that he'd love to succeed here. But maybe it was cherry picked from a longer quote about wanting to be a starter.

He could get minutes here, I would say the split would be 65/35 Mendy. If Hakimi came back, I'd think the split would be closer to 50/50 with Carvajal.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hakimi was on chiringuito last week via webcam saying that there has been no contact between him and the club about a possible return. He said that he'd like to return, but it's not the only thing he's thinking about. If it doesn't work out, he wouldn't mind playing elsewhere.

Dortmund have also said that we haven't reached out to them either.

I think the plan is to see when a possible transfer window will happen at all.

6. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Are folks convinced he is going to play RB? He has been more effective as a winger hasn’t he?

I would like for the club to sign another RB entirely albeit not sure who exactly because Dani has been bad more often than not and Hakimi/Odri/whoever doesn’t fill with much confidence.

Anon. repped this.
  7. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It’s a nice team but two things stand out for me. One being that you have Kroos and Valverde fighting for one spot, after the season both have had they will be both starters for me, easily, not only have both been good but they (along with Casemiro) complement each other very well.

The other being the RW. One one hand I want to see Rodrygo get as much minutes as possible but on the other I don’t think he’s ready to be a starter. What I would do would be to shift Hazard on RW and leave the LW for Vinicius, then have Rodrygo as the first choice winger after these two. Asensio as the fourth choice.

I don’t want Hazard blocking the LW and stagnating Vinicius’ progress. Especially when Hazard has played RW for Chelsea (and Lille), so whilst not ideal for him, it will benefit the team this way imo.

8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    That RW spot is massive gamble. Plus i would ditch Isco. Other than that, looks good.

9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Source? I saw the opposite, quoting him saying he would love to succeed at Madrid

Lyra repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He also said he feels good at Sevilla it's part of the same quote. Apparently they reached out to strike a deal with us. Its in Zidane's hand and almost nobody thinks Zidane likes the player, apparently he was OK with Reguilon joining Juve last summer but the player didn't like the idea.

11. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If I were to draw it up, I would say Valverde/Kroos/Odegaard would rotate evenly, and Isco is only there for emergencies. I would put him on the sell list, but he doesn't appear to have any interest in leaving.

Hazard on the right sounds like a good idea, to let our other two develop. I just don't see it happening in practice (I guess same could be said about benching Benzema). He's the highest paid player at the club (I think?), and our Galactico signing. Can't imagine the club saying we're putting two 19 year olds in his natural position.

I could also imagine (if Rodrygo ends up starting), a 4-3-1-2, where Hazard plays the Isco role, Rodrygo/Vinciius plays the Ronaldo role drifting off the left and Halaand is the true 9. Asensio would act as the Isco of midfield, basically there for emergencies. Rodrygo/Vin development is more important and their ceilings appear to be much higher.

Prit Javier and Doni repped this.
  12. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No doubt RW is flimsy, just don't see any other options? If Halaand and Camavinga are the targets, that's going to be a lot of money and I don't think we're getting much for our outgoing guys this year. Their salaries alone are going to be a tough pill to swallow for other clubs.

I also included Isco because I think he's refused to leave at every opportunity. I thought he had joint custody of his son in Madrid and if he left, he wouldn't get that, so he's staying put. He'd only be there for emergencies.

13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    So, Marcelo for 20/21? Facepalm.

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There’s hardly any substantive evidence on what they plan to do. No point in speculating

Anon. and Lyra repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

United expected to battle Madrid for Haaland

Lyra repped this.
  16. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard behind two attackers in some sort of free flowing role would be really nice as well, similar to the one he had played under Conte when Chelsea won the league.

Same United which Haaland has already rejected to move to Dortmund. If we go in for him I wouldn’t think competition from them would be a factor.

Prit Javier repped this.
  17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'd be surprised if united would want to deal with his agent. Not that I think there's much genuine interest by our club.

Anon. repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The same United that had Solskjaer say that Haaland is simply greedy.

19. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    They already are.

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Utd still gonna be an Europa League club as things stand. Haaland would probably stay at Dortmund than go there without CL.

Ahmadi8 and Prit Javier repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Anon. and Lyra repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think we are after Igor Gomes. He's 21 so older than the 3 Brazilian prodigies we signed. Sounds like a rumour without substance like when we were linked with Paqueta who also in his 20s and eventually moved to Milan.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, I believe that is all agent and clubs pushing his value higher. If they lonk Calafat and Madrid, the offers will pour in.

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Really soft if you just spend your career chasing a coach around.

ImadEdd, Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lyra, temesgen and Ahmadi8 repped this.