Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema doesn’t need to be an undisputed starter but he also doesn’t need to be sold.

AriGold, Digital and Eddie repped this.
  2. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Unfortunately that is how it works with Benzema, if he's here he's playing

MaxY, Doni, 2Magia2 and 2 others repped this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd like to keep Benzema, possibly have him retire here, unless he plans to play till he's 40. But i also agree that it's unlikely that Zidane benches him. We've seen Zizou give more minutes to Modric than Fede this season and Benzema is a bigger favorite for Zidane than Luka.

temesgen repped this.
  4. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Bullshit rumors to sell papers because no one is buying.

We don't even know when next season would even start

6. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Considering the state of the global economy, I would not be expecting too many big transfers in the coming window for most clubs.

And it's not just the lack of capital, most fans struggling with the new reality of trying to keep from being evicted, access to health care and so on will likely take issue with significant amounts of money being thrown around right now.

Shay Z, Eddie and Anon. repped this.
  7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Ahmadi8 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  9. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well I agree but I also disagree simply because keening Benz likely means he gets to keep being the undisputed starter.

Chinky24 repped this.
  10. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It’s a risk I agree but if the new striker actually performs then I don’t think you can make the case that Zidane will automatically block them. The treatment of Jovic can’t be used as a counter argument to this because whilst he hasn’t been integrated into the team quite enough, in the large majority of the 700 odd minutes he has seen he’s been pretty poor and hasn’t forced Zidanes hand.

If Haaland comes and has a tough transition I’d honestly expect a similar treatment. Our general integration of youngsters in the past half decade hasn’t been great, which is why I think it’s a risk for any young striker if they don’t perform to standard.

11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ZZ will be the coach, No matter who comes, if Benz is still here he will continue to be the undisputed starter, I can’t think of any name big enough who we could get next season that could move Benz, so whoever it is whether they play well and score or not when given a chance, it will be Benz first, unless we think about starting 2 strikers, at least that’s how I see it.

2Magia2, temesgen, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We will probably have to sell/let go some of our players to reduce the wages. Bale as one of the highest paid players has to go. Marcelo, Modric, Jovic (apparently he's a top 5 earner in our club), James are some of the others i'd consider selling.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    There is literally no way imaginable that Jovic is even top 10 talk much top 5 paid.

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bale, Hazard, Ramos, Benz, Kroos are top 5 highest paid. Jovic is earning less than Modric who gets 8.5 M nett per season.

15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Camavinga: The Preferred

He is the first alternative after the difficulties in acquiring Pogba.

Zidane seems him as the key to avoid Casemiro dependency

Saeta Rubia, RMrules, Lyra and 1 other person repped this.
  16. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    We need a flexible backup, and he looks to be a future world class CDM/CM.

Doubt this is anything but click bait, but love the Carmavinga/Haaland rumours. Give me the crack! Lol

Dr. MvN, YOUNGSTARS87 and Anon. repped this.
  17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Great young talent but my fear Is he will come and play Copa games and a few others here and there

2Magia2 and Chinky24 repped this.
  18. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not convinced anymore that buying anyone in their teens who are not close to their peak yet for this club is a good idea under current management and what we've seen in recent years. For me, the jury is still out even on getting Brazilian 18-20 year olds to grow here reliably into the actual superstars they're projected to be.

I'm thinking at this point, the gain is getting players between 22 and 26 who at least have had some success. Now I'm frustrated at how this Jovic shit has played out and how Vinicius goes from a great game to 2 horrible games and then an average game all in 3 weeks.

Anon. repped this.
  19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

[emoji13]

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Real Madrid is one of the clubs best prepared for the crisis .

Even if there isnt a transfer window ,the squad is big and good enough to win the league and compete in the CL next season,the main problem wasnt quality this season it was Zidanes management.
    There are so many young players ready to play(including Reinier for next season),Hazard will be back and hopefully will stay healty.The club is in good shape,many other teams need new players much more than us.

And if there is a transfer window,but teams strugle with money,we are probably in the best situatuin because we can strengthen tha team with very good players like Hakimi,Odegaard,Reguilon for free.

ImadEdd repped this.
  21. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Please stop

He helped turned this team around! Do you not remember the season we had last year!?

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Uh... Valverde, Vinicius and Rodrygo played a ton this year. All three performed well and didn't need to play 1000 minutes in order to start contributing.

You guys are being unrealistic

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Calafat is the unsung hero of this club

Shay Z, Lyra, Anon. and 6 others repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

His contract runs out in 2022. Every club is losing significant revenue this season. 50 ME should be enough if Camavinga prefers RM. PSG will also try I feel.

Lyra and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Signing this kid would make us instantly stronger. Yes, he wouldn't be a starter but he gives us superior depth in multiple places and he is a player Zidane would trust like Valverde.

Considering the current climate of things maybe just signing him is the realistic outlook. Then bring back some others and ship out others.

Jovic while disappointing still has scoring ability; we just need him to forget the night life and women long enough to concentrate and bring out his best.

Hazard while a huge disappointment shouldn't have the same horrible season. Plus our Brazil duo should be even better.

If we aren't bringing in Mbappe (impossible), Neymar (we aren't interested for some strange reason) or Halaand? I'm not really that motivated considering all factors to move for attackers.

Maybe there is another striker out there that can get the juices flowing?

Digital and MiamiNative0722 repped this.