Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the current coronavirus circumstances, if they even manage to finish the 19/20 campaign, I imagine the summer window will be shortened and there will be less big money transfers given that clubs will not have earned as much revenue.

Long story short, I think it's going to be impossible to get Mbappe now until at least 2021.

Anon., Lyra and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The simple reality is we can’t have everyone so hopefully the club and the coach make the right decisions for the future

Ahmadi8 and 4x4s repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Odegaard will be one of the midfielders in 3 man midfield. Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship so Kubo will take a permanent non EU spot. He'd have to be absolute starting quality to be in the squad by 2022. Next step is a loan deal to La Real type club from Mallorca. CAM position doesn't exist for top teams now so Reinier will have to develop into Aguero, Benz type forward. Say we are playing 4-3-3 in 2022:

Vinicius/Cherki-----Mbappe/Reinier-------Rodrygo/Cherki

Midfield: Casemiro/Camavinga, Fede, Odegaard

Benz would be done and Hazard too most likely. Cherki is slated as an AM now, but his skills are similar to that of Hazard and more suited to play on the flanks in modern game. I don't see us having both Mbappe and Halaand. It will be one of them.

Anon. repped this.
  4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    This is your 22 squad? I think Zidane has other ideas. He would want more established stars. We are linked with the likes of Pogba and Mane. Dont see the club relying on this many youngsters. You also have Isco and Asensio, Zidane favourites.

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Liverpool will keep Mane for the rest of his prime. Pogba just had a worse season than Hazard with injuries and still overpriced. Mbappe will be the next big money signing if he doesn't renew but not this summer. ZZ probably looking for Camavinga now with Pogba deal not worth the heavy investment. He'd want a scorer as well with Jovic not convincing him.

Anon. repped this.
  6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    By 2022, VJ and perhaps Rodrygo should be the established stars. I will put Fede and Odegaard on the list too. That has been Perez's plan.

Zidane05, 4x4s and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Eh... we hope.

They're still going to be 21 and 20 so the consistency probably won't be there. If they have blossomed to be stars they would want to play every match.

Digital and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Lyra and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Real Madrid want to shorten Ødegaard's loan to Sociedad so that he returns to the club next season, but the player is very undecided and wants, like Achraf, guarantees on his playing time. He will speak with Zidane before making his decision. @MarcA

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Smart by Odegaard. Very smart. I mean we don`t want to see him being plastered to the bench while Zizu is pulling out Grandpa Modrić and Isco out there, right?

11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just as long as it’s not about guaranteed starting spots, in no way is that good for any “team” , I get maybe there is some fear with ZZ so a certain amount of playing time maybe, starting spots, no and for me that’s for any player

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You think Odegaard will come back one year early without having substantial discussion with Zidane determining how much playing time he can expect?

I have said it before. We need to remove Modrić, Isco and James. Replace them with Camavinga, Odegaard and X - tons of quality options which don`t break the bank. This is completely realistic scenario and should be done.

W8W8 and Anon. repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's at best moronic to make Zidane some guy who never rotates and only plays older players.

The fact people act like every coach doesn't have older players they rely on; justifable or not, in itself shows low IQ and memory retention levels.

14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No I do not , just as long as no one is demanding to start, there’s reason why we have squads and not just 11 players and a backup keeper

15. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    If we sign Pogba, we've lost the plot. There's zero evidence he'd move the needle given his host of fitness issues. He's Bale 2.0.

Saeta Rubia, Shay Z, ahnaf and 1 other person repped this.
  16. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Oh you mean like Hazard?

17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    At such pro level, you have multiple players who "demand" to start. Secondly, nobody said Odegaard will demand to be a starter. I said, that he should have a nice long talk with Zidane about his playing time.

Given the absurd decisions Zidane has been making, while investing to much time in the old guys, such discussion should be absolutely pivotal for Odegaard. The last thing i want to see Odegaard is doing >10` cameos and having 45+ match every second month.

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Considering Zidane has invented Valverde - which is something positive he has done this season, i doubt we need Pogback. Also given Odegaard...

Pogba ship has sailed.

19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    VdB makes zero sense at this point. Doubt that Zidane wants him anyway.

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2020/03/27/5e7e3bf8268e3e23438b463a.html

22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Please let it be true.

23. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So:
    In:
    VdB (Ajax guy, not the legend)
    Odegaard
    Achraf
    Haaland/Mbappe/Lautaro (all of these are lumped together as minimal likelihoods)

Pogba, as much as I like him, I don't know anymore.

Out:
    Hopefully Benzema
    Hopefully Marcelo
    Hopefully Odriozola
    Mariano?
    James?
    Bale?
    Not sure who else is leaving here that is a sure-fire exit

Anon. repped this.
  24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Benzema, out? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

temesgen and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  25. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A boy can hope! Not likely and you know my reasons, but here's to hoping.

We do not move improve there until he is gone.