Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ramos for penalties, Kroos or Casemiro for occasional shot and own goals/deflected goals (if we're lucky).

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I disagree with all of this.

Also Casemiro was a disaster passing the ball. He also gave too much space to one of the best midfielders in the world to do much damage.

3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Anon., Shay Z and Drouchk repped this.
  4. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don’t read too much into what I’ve said in the past couple of days. Totally devastated.

MaxY repped this.
  5. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We were good as soon as Fede got put on the right side of midfield. Modric was everywhere offensively and defensively.

Yeah, Casemiro had a bad moment but again there's no perfect player out there. Up until the entire meltdown De Bruyne was relegated to a 1-2 with Jesus who was probably their best player to Mahrez.

Get rid of Bale, James and potentially Isco (who again had another good game) but I don't see the need to move on from Modric.

6. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Overreactions lol. We have a great midfield. Just need Odegaard and a DM for next season.

Attack/finishing has been the biggest problem for the past 2 seasons.

Even last year when we were really bad....there were moments we lost games just due to poor finishing....(e.g. Agains Barca in the cup).

Need firepower.

Just imagine this team had a Lewandowski. Pfffffffffff...

lukita and Digital repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Modric was out of position and left Casemiro stranded half the time and under that pressure Casemiro buckled.

Modric has okay at best.

It's like saying Isco was good. I mean he scored but he did a whole lot of flashy nothing.

Had Kroos played we would have kept our shape and we completely lost it late in the first half. This is what allowed City to begin pressuring us.

8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Modric isn't a problem. He's a very good sub at the moment but he's 34 and 35 in September. I'm including him in those "Outgoing transfers" not because he's playing bad or anything but just because it's natural.

One of GOAT middlefielders, absolutely crucial alongside Ronaldo and Ramos in every single UCL we won. But just like everyone at that age, he's been in a decline for 2~ years. Would rather part ways before it gets ugly.

But if he's willing to stay a year until Odegaard comes for example then that's fine too.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I really hope we sign this kid, immense talent.

Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  10. kaskus

kaskus New Member

May 5, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He just Brahim beta version..

11. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Shay Z, Eddie, Doni and 2 others repped this.
  12. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Everyone’s identified where the problem lies, we have to spend big this summer to remedy it, a pure goal scorer ( Isak or Halaand), two goal scoring wingers ( at least one MUST be left footed), Sane, Sterling, or Mane.
    Bring Ødegaard back, buy Camavinga and Cherki ( loan him back to Lyon ) and then we’re good.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  14. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    • Neither of Isaka and Halaand would join us but we end up giving Jovic one more season ( if zidana stay around)
    • Two goal scoring wingers would cost us a lot of money may be around 300 M -we are going to spend any thing next summer
    • Odegaard would not return to madrid as loan agreement ends in 2021
    • Camavinga is unproven,
    i think we have too many unproven player at this stage (selling llorente was mistake). this issue has precipitate due to our flawed transfer policy. ( buying 29 years old hazard for 100m and spending around 100m on brazillians, selling CR7 and retaining bale consider his fragile body )

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  16. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Drouchk repped this.
  17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  18. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Facts are facts.

Anon. and Lyra repped this.
  19. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Because every idiot can see what he says. Last summer everyone stated "who s gonna replace all those goals?"

Well we didnt.

Lyra repped this.
  20. RMNYC

RMNYC Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 19, 2019
    I believe Jovic will come good, but if he doesn't show more by the end of the season then I don't see it happening here. Maybe not fair to him, but this is Real Madrid.

Jovic is the type of guy that BVB targets. Super high upside prospect, coming at a discount. Maybe we can work a swap type deal. Even if its two separate transactions

21. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why? So Håland can warm the bench for Benzema? Rinse and repeat.

It would be criminal to give up on Jovic after one season. He’s shown he can be a ruthless finisher in front of goal, just needs the service and to get into the rhythm with the team. Unfortunately that won’t happen this season unless we’re eliminated from all competitions.

petros93, Anon., temesgen and 3 others repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "Maybe not fair to him but this is Real Madrid"... this is the kind of opinion that gets us into shitty situations like the one with our strikers.

Sign a player, don't give him chances and sell him back but on the other hand you have Karim who has 2 goals in 10 games in a team where he's played for years...

23. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Even then we will keep playing Benzema so that he can regain his form for next season. :p

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haaland is completely unrealistic this summer because Dortmund won't sell, and highly unlikely in the next because we'll go all in on Mbappe if he hasn't extended his contract yet. If you include the Raiola factor, I am not even thinking about Haaland being anywhere near us at any point in time.

Anon. and Lyra repped this.
  25. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    As a gooner I can say Wenger has always spoken sense when you don't ask him about arsenal. He predicted many things happening currently in football it's amazing.

But when it's arsenal matters he talks shit. Blaming the pitch and referees etc. There was a time we lost a game to stoke city from two throw ins taken by a player called Rory Delap who could throw then like a corner kick. In the post game conference Wenger suggests fifa outlaw people with special throwing abilities from taking throws because it grants them an unfair advantage.

Shay Z repped this.