Madeira floods/mudslides

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by ---Z---, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    RIP to those who lost their lives.

hopefully they recover soon.. over 42 deaths reported and lots of damages.

2. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Prime example of why they should stop trying to talk about independence. :rolleyes:

3. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    I'm not exactly sensitive enough in mourning people I do not know, even though I acknowledge the pain it must be causing.

Now, if it's dark humour you are searching then you completely failed. I suggest you go the temporary morgue and say that to the families.

What a dumb comment.

4. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It had more political connotation than your little pea-sized brain could possibly grasp.

5. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Worse, I hoped it could be a failed attempt at dark humour but you just came out to prove once again that you don't know what you're talking about. Dumb kid as always.

Madeira is not to Portugal what Basque territory is to Spain (no militancy of any sort in that matter). Those are only Alberto João Jardim words to draw attention like the goof he is. I went to Madeira twice and know some of their people, here, locally. It's bs. The reason why people vote for him is because he manages to provide what they wish for.

Next time you type something just to hint how smart you are, try to be really informed. And continue with the empty insulting to masquerade your lack of argumentation. It only makes you look dumber.

1 person likes this.
  6. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    seriously you deserve a roundhouse kick to the head. 48 people are dead and 30 or so are still missing and many people are affected.. I dont know if you watched the news. Im Madeirense and have family on the island and am just glad they are safe:rolleyes:.

7. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Pretty bad timing for a comment like that:confused:

Peoples lives on that island have changed forever with loss of loved ones not to mention all the destruction Mother nature has caused to their beautiful island.

A real bonehead comment on your part dude:mad:

8. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if anyone on here or someone just browsing lost somebody close to them. Natural disasters are always the worst. I hope the worst is behind for Madeira.

9. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    You are a real douchebag :mad:

Want to tell that to my Madeirense buddy whose family were lucky to only lose their homes???

Let's pray for all the victims and their families. :(

I hope they can recover from this. The rebuild efforts will be tough since their economy relies on tourism.

10. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    42 people died... Rest in peace and all that, but the fact is, these guys are going to come crying to the continetnal government and beg for help.

The same people who have been going on an on about how they deserve independence this and that. I have full sympathy for the victims, but I hope this tragic event puts the local government into line as to the fact that they need continental Portugal, probably a lot more than continental Portugal needs them.

Was it an ill-time to voice that opinion? Perhaps, but considering that this pales in comparison to other disasters (Haiti, Katrina, Indonesia tsunami etc.) I don't see why people are upset at the lack of media coverage.

11. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Nice effort. The post is exactly the same as the previous. Even with more words you fail to see the real information. You must live in lalaland where everything you preconceive is a real manifestation.

Anyone that is familiar with the situation never took Jardim words seriously (according to an interview, NEITHER DOES HE). Madeira cannot live without the financial support of Portugal and the EU. Their population know that and so does Jardim. He's known for making polemic statements to the point that continental media doesn't a give damn to what he says anymore. There is a purpose to the fuss he generates and it's very easy to figure out why...think a little. He has nothing to back up that ideology or is there any organization toward that movement. The government is constituted by political rivals and they have been sistematically cutting off financial support for the island. Read newspapers. Google about it. Read what others that are truly familiar with the event have to say about it.

As I've stated previously, you really have a knack at being blindly stubborn. Admit when you're misinformed or continue to make a dumb out of yourself.

12. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    F vcking D ick

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The Madeira population and majority of government have NOT been asking for independence, they are proud to be a part of Portugal. It is a very very very, small minority who want seperation from Portugal.

So with that said, I hope everyone the best. I saw some of the clips when it was just happening and it was crazy. Literally streams of watering coming from car tunnels and streets.

A team of engineers and other emergency personnel are on the island as we speak and are aiding in the recovery and rebuilding process.

14. Viva Portugal

Viva Portugal Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Toronto - GTA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i went 2 a paid dinner in Toronto with my family about 2 weeks ago. and the money will all go 2 Maderia.

RIP for all who have died. Hope every1 can find happiness in the end.