Made in Japan/Exclusive to Japan thread [1] - all info, pics, questions here plz

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by john_mizuno8, Jun 5, 2012.

1. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

i have the pathique x top and the morelia tm. ive had the morelia II as well.

they are all epic boots great fit and comfort but for ME this is my opinion the x-top are JUST the best boot ive owned. dont get me wrong the morelia japan line are out of this world and i LOVE THEM but i purchased my x-top last november while i was working in singapore and ive not once played in my morelia boots since. that speaks volume as i love the morelia!!

They fit is soo snug at first almost to tight, so much so i could only wear super thin socks and only wear them for 40 mins before my feet feeling numb. after breaki n is a completely different story. they are BLOODY AMAZING. the outsole is well suited for turf, hard ground and firm ground as they are short conical studs (i had a match today on freshly laid turf and it was beautiful 2 goals 2 assists)

Due to the fit feeling so customised to my feet they feel very light even though i think they weigh around 275grams (im fast and a boot wont change that)

the touch is great nice padding yet a good feel. It has a lower toe box compared to the morelia japan made and at first it before breakin its uncomfortable but soon changes.

in a nut shell i will be purchasing another pair of these when i go back to singapore at the end of the year as i wont have to pay custom tax on them.

you cant go wrong with either but i stress the morelia insoles are rubbish (you feet slip all over the place) so you will have to purchase some asics insoles. the x-top insoles are great for me so im still using them.

hope that helps

2. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  3. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    haha thanks soulstar89 for the wonderful review.

Yes I'm aware of the wonders of Morelia II's having owned a pair of 25th Anniversary. The only reason reason why I was asking for a comparison with the Super Ligeria II's (my question was actually a comparison between the super ligeria II's and the PathiqueX/MoreliaII's) is because I play on turf a fair bit, and increasingly I've noticed my my Morelia wearing out on the areas near where the soleplate and the leather join. and its becoming pretty bad as well.

I was thinking of getting another pair to inter-use with my Morelias to protect it as well, and my choice was Super Ligeria's as I noticed it does have that extra roughed up pattern at the same areas where my boots always wear out first presumably to help it out.

But of course much appreciation to the PAthiqueX review, I've been looking to get one as well, but its online price has been putting me away from it. I'm staying in SG though and I've never seen it around so far. Which shop did you get it from? Penninsula? or Queensway Shopping Centre?

And I agree about the comments about the Morelia Insoles, changed it for some really awesome Asics ones that I believe soul recommended me too LOL

P.S: Anyone wanna buy a 9/10 condition CTR 360 3's? ahaha

4. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    lol i got carried away my bad lol.

the morelia tm's outsole is more raised at the front/lip of shoe so you dont get this problem. the x-top has a slight raised outsole at the front but considering i only use them on turf the front of shoe isnt separating or having bad wear just a bit of colour loss.

ive always been interested in the super ligeria and understand why you would consider them.

the x-top is well suited for turf as the studs are shorter than morelia and super ligeria.

i actually bought them from rakuten but as i live in the uk purchasing while in singapore meant i dont have to pay custom tax.

5. JMCMD

JMCMD Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    those are niceeeee

6. kats26

kats26 Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Hey guys,
    In all my 12 years of playing soccer the absolute most comfortable boot I've worn is the Nike Super Ligera (1). I recently contacted a company enquiring about the availability of their Nike Super Ligera II's because I really want to track down a pair. Anyway, they told me that the a newer Super Ligera is coming out in February 2013. A quick google search on "super ligera III" and nothing came up.
    Any info, opinions or help here?

7. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Thinking of going to Futaba Sports in Harajuku when I go to Japan. I was thinking of picking up a pair of these http://item.rakuten.co.jp/futabaharajyuku/ad-803-w-gld/

Anybody know much about them? From what I can tell that company seems to be Japan's version of Pantofola D'Oro

8. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been looking for a pair of Pathique X Tops in 26.5 cm, but all I find is the blue and the black colorway. I'm looking for the all white pair, or any other pair which is predominantly white.

If anyone could help me find a pair I would appreciate it.

9. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    your gonna find it hard to find a white pair as they are becoming very hard to find. i have the blue pair the are sexual mate lmao. it has a kind of metallic sheen to them and after a year still looking as sexy as the first day they graced my feet. wish they had a soft ground version.

10. tyrique

tyrique New Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Hello Guys,

i am from germany and i search the mizuno morelia UL made in japan in white, does any body know where i get them? I Need size JAP 265.

for any help or request i be happy!

BR
    Tarik

11. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    My friend, the same response you received in the Mizuno thread is what you will get here.

12. kats26

kats26 Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Has anyone experienced the Mizuno SuperSonic Wave 3 or Wave Ignitus 2?
    Which is better/better suited to me? (I'm a fond CTR360 wearer)

13. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    this is a made in japan boots thread, it's not only about mizuno and SuperSonic Waves and Wave Ignitus boots are not made in japan.
    ask this in mizuno thread only. ;) (as you already posted it there too) :thumbsup:

gwood88 repped this.
  14. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would go with the SSW3 simply because the Wave Ignitus 2 offers a bit too much grip for my liking. Both are fantastic boots but the SSW3 is superior.

15. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Those are so beautiful! I normally wear mainly white boots but am really considering buying these.

If you read this Soulstar do you mind sending pictures of your boots? Might buy a pair of these soon, also you mentioned that you went .5 size down for your pair right? I am 27cm in the Japan Mizuno Morelia so I would get 26.5cm for these?

Also does anyone know where I could buy a pair or is anyone selling in a 26.5-27cm? The links kiongsm posted a while back don't ship internationally.

soulstar89 repped this.
  16. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I

I love these boots. After a year of turf use they aren't showing any form of wear and tear...just amazing!!

I say go half size down from Morelia. At first they are tight but mould beautifully to your feet.

Played a game yesterday in them and my friend who is 6'5 stamped on my toe with metal bladed studs while landing I thought I broke my toe. If I had vapors the force would have ripped the boot.

The touch on these are epic. The older I've got the more I realise how important the fit is of a shoe . They are for me the best shoe for turf and very firm gound pitches. I always find it werid how with leather boots when u put them on at the beginning of matches they are tight then they stretch during match (i know why this happens) Wouldn't it be amazing if u could get a custom made shoe keeper lol

Out now ill post later tonight uk time

17. snowman3000

snowman3000 Member

Mar 11, 2007
    I've always been interested in trying a pair of old school Pumas. The Paramexico seem to be the closest but it's only exclusive to Japan.
    I have Nike Air Legend I and wear 11.5, same size for Vapor VII. For Morelias 11 fits me best. (US sizes)
    Would it make sense to order a pair of Paramexico in 28.5? It seems to be the biggest size

18. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    An US11 or 28 sounds like it would fit you better if that is what you wear in morelias.

19. snowman3000

snowman3000 Member

Mar 11, 2007
    Actually I just looked at the tag on my Morelias and it's US11 / UK10 /JPN 29

20. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ah, yes! My mistake. 29cm. Unfortunately I don't think they sell above a 28 though.

21. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forever awaiting Soulstars pictures... :cautious:

22. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    so busy with work so when i have a hot second ill post them for you my bad.

23. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's fine, I shall wait.

24. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    waiting for the links to buy the pathiquex as well aha

25. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know where I could purchase a pair of pathiques? I have looked on Rakuten but no one that has them does int. shipping.