Maccabi Haifa [R], UEFA Champions League, 2009/10

Discussion in 'Israel' started by EvanJ, Jul 8, 2009.

1. greenapes02

greenapes02 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    i dont agree to your anology but hey the ball is round and the game starts from zero zero sop who knows

2. BenSahar

BenSahar New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Israel would have a good chance to come out second in that group(at least with a new coach). Ivory coast isn't better than Israel and have you seen Argentina and Portugal in their groups lately?

Haifa has a good squad from the defence to the attack. We will give each team a good fight and maybe te unlikely will happen.

3. rct2009

rct2009 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    NY/Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any team can play better or worse with a better coach (I.e. Israel, Argentina, and Portugal). I still dont think Haifa has the quality to do much, but we can hope for the best, and maybe if ramat gan stadium is filled and can get loud we can scare the away teams a bit.

4. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I wouldnt rule out that Haifa is useless in the CL. I think they are really predicted to end up last, but they can always suprise, win bordeux, tie them and then tie Juventus or Bayern Munich...Bayern Munich has had a slow start to the season and yea..they beat B. Dortmund 5-0 but anything can happen....

5. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    link to game please!!!

6. David-G

David-G Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Miami
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  7. David-G

David-G Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Miami
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

I agree that the difference in quality will be hard to overcome. But it's good that our first match is at home vs. Bayern becuase it's our best chance to catch one of the group favorites off guard. It will be hard but yeah hopefully the crowd will help us...

YALLA MACCABI HAIFA
    !!! ירוק עולה

8. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. David-G

David-G Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Miami
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    HALFTIME: Maccabi Haifa 0 Bayern Munchen 0

Bayern hasn't looked too sharp, and they gave us some good opportunities to counterattack, but we don't really have enough pace to exploit them. But I think in the last 5 min of the half we were the better team. We are also lucky Bayern also had a goal disallowed.

10. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    feed anyone? the ones above don't work!

12. David-G

David-G Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Miami
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I had one that was working for most of the match, went down about 15 min ago :(

1-0 Bayern

13. David-G

David-G Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Miami
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Final: Bayern München 3 Maccabi Haifa 0

14. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haven't seen the game or any highlights yet ... but from what I read, your guys were better as the result sounds and could have scored the equalizer before the 2 late goals.

15. greenapes02

greenapes02 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    where are the highlights

16. Shekel

Shekel New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  17. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bordeaux won 1:0. Ciani scored in the 83rd minute. Maccabi Haifa's Kayal got a straight red card in the 88th minute.

19. David-G

David-G Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Miami
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    What a disappointing game.:(

We played really well in the last 20 minutes and could've won it. If only our players knew how to finish....

20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Counting today's completed and in progress games, Maccabi Haifa and Atletico Mardid are the only two clubs that haven't scored in the Group Stage yet. Deportivo La Coruna in 2004-2005 was the last club to not score any goals in the Group Stage. 2004-2005 was also the last time before this season an Israeli club made the Group Stage, in that case Maccabi Tel Aviv. Maccabi Tel Aviv in 2004-2005 and Maccabi Haifa in 2009-2010 have two of thier three opponents in common, Juventus and Bayern Munich.

Maccabi Haifa is losing 1:0 at Juventus and Maccabi Haifa's T. Dutra got a straight red card 11 minutes after being subbed in. Bordeaux leads Bayern Munich 2:1 and if Bordeaux and Juventus win, Bayern Munich, the Pot 1 club, will fall to third place. If Juventus wins and Bordeaux:Bayern Munich is a draw, those three clubs will hvae 5 points each.

Edit: The 1:0 and 2:1 scores were the final scores.

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Your guys haven't scored so far, but was also close to getting a result in all 3 games against top opponents ... so there's surely no reason to be disappointed! Kudos!

I only managed to see the highlights from tonight's match in Torino, so I can't talk much about this game. I think it's surely no shame to suffer a close defeat at Olimpico (especially, when being down to 10 men once again), is it? :) Juve didn't manage to take the chances in order to decide the game with the 2:0 ... and in the end, your guys almost punished this arrogance.

22. greenapes02

greenapes02 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    ye your right but it hurts to be so close i think its about time that an israeli team not only made the champions leauge but played well to

i think macccabi haifa had a great chance but i thing the youngness of our team did effect the scores

23. David-G

David-G Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Miami
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    We played pretty well last time we were in it.

This Haifa team isn't really built for Europe, at least not yet, we're very young like you said and are missing the type of quality players that win games (like Zutautas or Yakubu last time)...but we've managed to play fairly well despite this. Even with the losses it's nice to see our young players already getting a chance at the highest stage.

And especially in this game. We fielded the most experimental side so far this year, like a team we would put in the Toto Cup, except this was against one of the top clubs in Europe and it was still a close game. Davidovich was great, he matched Buffon which is no small feat. Disappointing that we couldn't mark their tallest player on the goal, but we needed to be very lucky for Juve not to score anyways.

Only thing that pissed me off is Dutra. :mad: Why did we waste a foreign place on this little punk?

24. greenapes02

greenapes02 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    come on players that win games no not really we have alberman whos in great shape and dvashvilli is coming back to himself i think we do need is a very underated benado type of guy a guy that will take charge of the defense and make sure that the ball gets to the offense

25. David-G

David-G Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Miami
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Dvalishvili and Arbeitman have scored a lot in the Israeli league, but I meant someone who can take advantage of the only one or two chances you get in this tough European games.