Macca to City

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by LotharDSM, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things are looking up at City the last few days. :)

2. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    The thing is, aren't there usually fireworks when he and Robbie get together ?. Anyhow, not a bad signing, despite the scorn I pour on his name in the England team forum. he's a handy club player, and Man Citeh seem to be assembling a handy team as you have also got Reyna.

3. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Wow, from Real to Man City...how funny.

Seriously though...Reyna, Macca, Anelka, Fowler (if he can get it back again). That's not bad.

4. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man City is definitely an EPL team that intrigues me now. They already had an exciting, if self implosive team last season. But with the new additions Tarnat, Seaman, Reyna and McMannaman, they are looking very complete.

Tarnat is a qaulity left sided defender/midfielder. He's got a cannon of a left foot. Tarnat has a lot experience at international level with Germany and Champions League experience with Bayern. He will definitely shore up City's left side.

Seaman still has some good goal keeping left in him.

Reyna is the USA's all time greatest player. He is an excellent midfielder with great vision and technique.

McMannaman is well known, but was buried in Real. He always impressed me with Liverpool. Great dribbler, great skill.

Add these guys to guys like Anelka and Fowler, and City is going to be damn exciting to watch.

Congrats, City fans! :)

5. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    If you watch old Liverpool videos of Fowler's goals, more than half were from crosses and passes from players out on the wings (Collymore, McManaman, Bjornebye, etc, etc). This could be very interesting in getting Robbie back into goalscoring form.

6. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Keegan can get everyone enough playing time to get good use out of them (i.e., stay alive in the various knock-out competitions), then I really like this summer's new pick-ups. In so far as I've seen McManaman and Fowler, I've always preferred McManaman. I was particularly impressed with his occasional appearances for Real Madrid in the Champions' League, very smart and very professional, and oh yeah, not bad with a ball at his feet either.

Anyone hear anything about the fee? The Man City site says his contract at Real Madrid has a year left but makes no mention of money?

7. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    adios Macca. I gather he was quite happy in Spain but I'm glad he'll get a chance to play regularly. It'll be interesting to see how he does back in England.