Mac Powerpoint video help needed

Discussion in 'Technology' started by striker, Mar 30, 2011.

1. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    I have a Mac and would like to show youtube videos in my Powerpoint presentations. How can I save youtube files on my computer and insert them into my Powerpoint files? Last year someone told me that I have to download some kind of Macro. I tried but it still did not work. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

2. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I dunno about how to insert them in powerpoint presentations as I use Keynote, but it should be rather straight forward: Insert>movie or video or media or something like that.

As for downloading YouTube videos, that is pretty easy as well:
    First, you need Firefox (well, actually you don't, but it's the easiest solution).
    Next, go to this link:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/
    Install this Add-On
    Restart Firefox
    Go to the YouTube video you want to download
    Next to the video title, you'll see the DownloadHelper icon
    Click on the icon to download the video directly, make a right click for advanced download options, like converting the video file.

3. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Thanks. However, when I clicked on the addons..... link, it led me to a page with only German on it. I did not know what to do next. Can you help me further? Thanks.

4. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I guess it automatically detected where my IP is from.

But you can just find it yourself.
    Start Firefox, click on Extras>Add-ons, then search for "Downloadhelper"

You'll find several add-ons as others try to jump on the bandwagon. The correct one is the add-on that has an icon with three circles, blue, red and yellow.

5. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Great! It now works. Thanks a lot.