México contra Panamá @Estadio Azteca Miércoles Febrero 2, 2022

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by AMLO2018, Jan 30, 2022.

1. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico will have many chances. US will win off a set piece. It's already scripted.

Robertinho21, LGRod, ShockMaster and 5 others repped this.
  2. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    2-7-1 for defensive cover against attacking teams...

LGRod, SGuerrilla and superm repped this.
  3. LEGENDARY PAPI CHULO

Oct 11, 2021
    Once again Lainez brought the team to an extra gear as soon as he was subbed in. Great mentality and sense of urgency.

I also enjoyed watching Arteaga going up and down the left flank. He brought frescura and personality. He was not afraid to dribble, make fintas and make centros. Earned the leftback starter spot. Just need to be more attentive defensively-- at minute 94 he lost his man, and Panama almost scored.

Herrera is not playing as bad as many people claim. I think he is more important than Guardado.

Colima24, SGuerrilla and Kaney repped this.
  4. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Arteaga not being in Tata’s doghouse anymore is a big positive. Guy offers something different at left back. Gallardo stagnated and never improved upon anything in his arsenal. He’s just a hustle guy out there and not much else. Frustrating ass player to watch lol

Robertinho21, ShockMaster, Kaney and 5 others repped this.
  5. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Don’t worry, Gallardo will probably get the start against the US. Lol. Chaka will probably also get the start along with Moreno.

6. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    upload_2022-2-3_1-7-10.jpeg

la fresa, superm, ShockMaster and 11 others repped this.
  7. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Any updates on Lozano?

8. markd132

markd132 Member

Tigres
    Mexico
    Jan 11, 2022
    So #fuera tata no more?

LGRod repped this.
  9. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think most of us here are sad that he’s not gone lol

10. icybauer

icybauer Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Fact

LGRod and superm repped this.
  11. Regi0

Regi0 Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Thinking about this now...we always sucked at qualifiers. Bar '06 and '18 cycles, when has it not been a headache? Even in '18, we were winning on paper but the games were horrible.

2014 was our worst qualifying cycle ever, and yet it was probably the best WC performance in recent memory, certainly the closest one to the 5th game.

So overall, I'm not concerned, just hope things pick up at the tournament.

Also, I agree with HH, we need a better home crowd, like what happened? It was only up until the '10 cycle where it was a given that we'd win every home game. Now they seem to be our worst ones.

The FMF better schedule the US game ANYWHERE but Azteca.

LGRod and Handsome Solo repped this.
  12. SGuerrilla

SGuerrilla Member+

Sep 8, 2014
    en la cueva
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LGRod repped this.
  13. Eila

Eila Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    This dude has been sent to the hospital at a least 5 times over the past year or two. It's insane how much he gets hit. He's also a dick player on the pitch, but the amount of roughing he gets is insane.

Oaxaca Fitness, SGuerrilla and LGRod repped this.
  14. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just looking at how the remaining matches play out. Mexico needs to get at least a draw against the US. Panama plays Canada and US in their final two matches. If they're both already qualified, I can easily see them taking Ls to Panama just to screw Mexico...

Mexico has to go to Honduras and then at home to El Salvador. They could still very well do it if they lose to US but they'd have to take 6 out of 6 from the last two to be sure. The match at Honduras will be tough...

Assuming Panama doesn't shit the bed at home against Honduras...

15. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Honduras hasn't won a match in WCQ which potentially makes more dangerous as a spoiler...

16. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In reality, with the exception of the US. There is no reason to not get at least 7 out of 9 points.
    Panama vs US game will be a must win for both teams.
    When the dust settles despite the shit play TaTa will potentially qualify the team with relative ease.

17. josescorp

josescorp Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Mexico can't beat Honduras they deserve to stay at home, they have no business at the WC.

The malinche in me wants to see this happen and see the FMF burn to the ground.

I'll still be rooting for these guys these last 3 games though :cautious:

18. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    The malinche in me thinks Mexico has no business at any WC tournament, but I still want them to go. LOL
    Mexico struggles on qualifiers, but there is always re-pechage.

and1football, Kaney and LGRod repped this.
  19. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A coaching change was needed for ‘14 to happen. Or do you think we would’ve played the same with Chepo de la Torre?

Kaney and Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  20. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    They might thing twice this time since covid gad an effect on that molero money.
    When they got rid of Chepo and Hugo there was plenty of money in the coffers to burn,.
    Mexico will qualify even with Tata at the helm. That is the goal.

LGRod repped this.
  21. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    I haven’t watched the last three games but I do think it’s funny to read the different narratives, US fans and some Mexico fans envy their youth for playing at a high level and for doing so well, and Mexico has been abysmal but both teams are tied on points lmao.

In terms of altitude I just feel it’s the advancement of sports science. People likely just train better than they did for decades

22. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    True. However US is getting results with a bunch of 18-23 year olds and beating us 3 times with those young players, while we’re relying on all our players in their 30s. Next cycle will be a problem. We might end up looking like Costa Rica next cycle, especially since all our young players are still in liga mx being grateful to their clubs and trying to win a championship.

Robertinho21, AMLO2018 and markd132 repped this.
  23. markd132

markd132 Member

Tigres
    Mexico
    Jan 11, 2022
    Well i think its good that they leave with a championship because gives a solid proof of your quality as a player to your new team

24. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nah, leaving with a championship is just Liga MX clubs' way of getting players to finish their "proceso" and not leave.

Orbelin is a month away from turning 26, it's a damn shame he waited until he won something with Cruz Azul.

25. markd132

markd132 Member

Tigres
    Mexico
    Jan 11, 2022
    Man its not just a question of mexico most of south american figures that have played in europe leave the south with some titles or atleast they played a final the problem is that in the south they usually debut at 16-18 years old and here players usually debut in their passing 20s

Robertinho21 repped this.