Luxemburgo is suing Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Iberian, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2005/12/15/futbol/1134605861.html

Here you go, keep on bringing in trash.....

Real is paying him only 2005, and he wants to get up to June 2006. Problem is, by the law Lopez Caro or any other coach cannot sit in the bench and assume the position until this is resolved, in court or by both parties. Given Luxemburgo's past in Brazil, including plenty of problems with the law (taxes, sexual harrasment cases etc...), somebody should have seen this coming.

This shows to us and to the world what a fake he really is.

2. schierding

schierding New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Huh?

He's perfectly in his right to do this if Real haven't payed him the contractual 'sacking' fee. And without knowing the exact terms of his contract, I seriously doubt he would sue if he didn't feel like he could win this case.

What surprises me more is that Perez hasn't learned how to fire a coach yet. It's not like he's lacking experience one should think...

3. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LOLL yea ud think by knw he knws enuf to write a book bout it

4. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Haha

5. MrMan

MrMan New Member

May 20, 2005
    This is disappointing.

I suppose he is within his rights, but its still disappointing.

6. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Luxemburgo has a cloudy past.
    When he was coach of the NT, he was accused of capping players just to raise their market value. Then he would get a share when the players were traded.
    At the same time some secretary of his accused him of sexual harassment and he had tax problems.

Nothing was proved, but we all know there was some truth in these charges.

I never liked him as a person, but this has nothing to do with his quality as a professional.

Every professional of football has the right to get the "sacking" money. Why shouldn't he get his?

7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol just ive just read on tribalfootball.com that luxa is willing to get another chance at RM, he feels that his joob is not finished in here.

What does he want? to finisht the other half and get us relegated :S??

8. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    People should be careful with that kind of statements. If he was taken to a court of law and nothing was proven, then end of story.

As for the suing, it is his right, but he should cut the "Hala Madrid" crap then. He signed a clause that says his contract is paid every six months and if he is sacked then he only gets paid for the last six months (in this case, up to Dec 31st 2005). This is indeed a dubious clause from the point of view of labour law, which is why he is paying a spiffy lawyer to challenge it, but he still agreed to it when he signed his contract.

9. Korbenn

Korbenn New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Finland
    Perez, as a business man, knows very well the law and the contract which he signed Luxemburgo to. And if he is to sack the coach then he has to pay for it (the remaining salary or whatever the contract says).

Pay for your mistakes Florentino! It's called accountability.

10. Korbenn

Korbenn New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Finland
    Is this a fact?

11. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There was not documental proof enough to condemn Luxemburgo. That is enough to rest the case, but not enough to convince most of the brazilians.

12. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    So said Luxa's lawyer on national radio last night

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's his right, and I don't see anything wrong with that. He has a contract and, should he get fired, the remaining part of his contract must be paid. Perez should know this by now!

14. Sparks2005

Sparks2005 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    São Paulo, Brazil
    With all due respect, you clearly have no idea how things work in a Banana Republic like Brazil! :D

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Alot of countries, not just Brazil.

16. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    No, the issue seems to be kind of hard to understand. What I read in AS mentions two contracts, the one signed by Luxemburgo with Real Madrid, signed and in Real's possesion, and the one that has to be sent to the Federation. They say "contract" in both cases, but it sounds more like a signed agreement (the first with Real), and a contract (the one that has to be timely deposited at the Federation for the coach to be allowed to work).
    It seems that the Federation would not accept (given their labor laws which must be regulated by national and EU work laws to some extent), such a contract that would have those 6 month clauses, so Real Madrid did sign a separate agreement with Luxemburgo specifying their particular conditions. Luxemburgo, knowing what the normal contract says refused to sign his dismissal, and here we are, in the middle of a greatly confusing situation.
    Several wrongs/points to make:

1. Luxemburgo has said that his lawyer is preparing a legal document that would allow Caro to sit at the bench of Real anyway. I don't understand this one, then again I am not a lawyer, but, if the problem seems to be that he wants the Federation contract and law to prevail so he gets paid, shouldn't such a legal document "exempting" Real Madrid from not being able to field a coach instead of him also against the same Federation law and contract that he is in favor of? It should be. The Federation should not allow his legal pleading in favor of Real Madrid using another coach, and if they do they should also not consider their contract valid over the signed agreement in Real's hands specifying the six-month clause. Doesn't make sense to me.

2. This could open a can of worms at national level if the Federation is not to accept the 6 month clause, and if Real's lawyers see that it could go the following way: Labor laws in Spain do allow for 6 month contracts (we Spanish mostly hate them, they are really well known as a pest). So, the Federation in not allowing this flexibility in their particular contracts, what are they doing, following FIFA's and UEFA's tradition of setting their own labor laws as if they were a separate state? Bosman anyone?. Again, I am not a lawyer, but I think that this could be a valid point. Real Madrid did not do anything unusual with that signed agreement with Luxemburgo in Spain at all.

3. Against Real: Real Madrid specifying such 6 month clauses shows a certain amount of distrust on Luxemburgo from day one...why then did they give him such freedom with the handling of the roster and the team if he wasn't that convincing at the time of the signing?. Looks like somebody in the club didn't have a lot of faith in him.

4. Against Luxemburgo, what I think this is what it should really come down to forgetting laws and the rest of this bs: where is this man's professionalism? He failed greatly, he managed to get a majority of the fans against him, awful displays at the Bernabeu like they haven't been seen in a long, long time, both on the field and from the fans. His project, his tactics clearly failed big time and at a time in which failure was not an option, at the worst and most sensitive time. It really only shows, no matter how you look at it, that this man never felt the colors of the club and was never going to. He was there for professional reasons only, putting himself first. Maybe in other places this cannot be criticized but at Real Madrid it can and it must. The tradition and the demands of this club are of a much different nature.

If anything this should open some people's eyes towards what is best for this club and what kind of people at all levels (coaches, players, directors) are needed particularly in this time of need. Luxemburgo, Sacchi, and half of the team at least are not it. If you are not from this club, you are there just for fame and fortune, simply passing through for the betterment of your resume it's all good if you happen to be performing as a professional and making people happy, which is what is really important, but if you are neither....

This is what the fans of the club demand, what they want to see, this is really as simple as it gets: if the best players and professionals in the world, the best that the club can get (and we can get plenty) do not perform at least get us the ones who can bear and share the pain with us because they feel the same than we do for this club, because they have learned or already know what Real Madrid is, means and really stands for. Then again if you follow Real Madrid because you are a Beckham (or similar) fan forget what I just said, you won't understand it. If you are not but you still don't agree try this: make an effort to remember the rage at the Bernabeu from thousands of fans, the painful displays from the players in those painful games and now look at what Luxemburgo is doing, what he really is and try to understand at least the real and the main reasons for that rage and what those fans where screaming about, it won't hurt.

17. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What a joke! Thank goodness, that pile of sloth feces is gone.