Luis Enrique?

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Catfish, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A few football friends of mine have mentioned this name concerning Barca. They said he was quite good. Any video highlights? Thoughts?

2. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LE21 was one of the greatest defectors in history....he left RM in the mid 90's and was unstoppable for the ladder portion of the decade. He was a regular in the starting XI til about 2003 when his health deterioted cause of age. He was the inspiration of the team while there and hated Madrid to a level similar to the hate of one and only Hristo Stoichkov ..... he scored important goals and had no real position, he was everything a manager could ask of him..... and of course my screen name embodies his style (Lucho = Fighter, his nickname).

3. Cruz Bustamoveski

Dec 28, 2004
    Cosmo's Factory
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    US Virgin Islands
    He was one of the main reasons I fell in love with Barcelona in the first place... even if by the time I started liking him he was already in his last year and a half at Barca.. i was sad not to be able to watch him in his prime, he was definately my favorite player at the time... still is one of my fav players of all time

4. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Just a side not......and regulars on the board know me to harp on horrible purchases of Barca past(most notably Christanvol & Gerard...Overmars, sorry asta)...but watch how Dani almost knocks the ball from going in right before the balls crosses the line. Thank god they let him go two season ago to derail the progress of Espanyol....and now Olympiakos

5. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Luis Enrique had a lot of fire in him, even if he did leave Real Madrid for Barcelona. I'll always remember the look on his face as the tragic ending of his last game for Spain - the dubious loss to Korea - unfolded. Joaquin had to physically restrain him, because Lucho was seriously about to kill the referee. In fact, now that I think about it, the only thing Hierro and LE have probably ever agreed on was that they were going to throttle that guy. He was a fighter until the end.

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :( :mad:

;)

edit: next time any1 wants to diss overmars, do it like this

dont read asta
    [result]overmars was a very bad player, when compared to maradona. other than that, he was great, even for barça.[/result]

:D

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thank you very much for the links and info. He sound like my kind of player. I love guys with fire in their belly, seems rare now a days because so many players are just about the money.

By the way, the first 2 links only are audio.

8. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Upgrade to DIVX and update your codec if you already have done the previous...i watched them all after i posted them.....good and functional

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LMAO...ok that went right over my head.
    Me no computers good at.

10. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Merry Christmas.......
    http://www.divx.com/divx/play/download/ - Install this, you will need it for most videos and torrents
    http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/ - Now download the codec for windows 2000/xp (if you arent running either.....get a new computer).

Make sure you are using an updated copy of real player and all should be good. After you install divx, the videos should work. The codec are like the icing on the cake, they enable you to play the latest and greatest (newer technologies).

11. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    From hated to loved and idol of the Barça fans.I miss watching Lucho play waving his hands cheering his teammates up and waking the Nou Camp up.Luis Enrique= All heart and fight.

12. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    I think Luis Enrique stands out to be one of the best and all time spanish playmakers. Very verstaile indeed given that he could operate best as an attacking mid and also play wide left or right and as a supporting front man. His tenacious fighting spirt also meant he would defend very well.
    A legend and sad that injuries cut short his brilliant career.

I even think we would have won the 2000 CL if he was not absent most of that season with injuries after he had a terrific start.

13. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    I definitely miss Luis Enrique in a blaugrana shirt. Hell, he could've probably played goalkeeper better than some of the keepers that were on the Barça squad in the '90s (Dutruel anyone?). It's sad that both him and Guardiola were sent packing in such an unceremoniuous manner.

14. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    what is Luis Enrique doing currently, may be he should try management with time. I feel with his competitive spirit he can become a good coach. may be start with one of our second string teams. As for Pep, damn i hated it when he left us for Brescia. he was still one of the league`s premier midfielders when he left us.

But i doubt he can have any strong association with the current management as he was campaigning for Laporta`s opponent during the last elections.

15. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, it looked to me like Pep thought, "F- this, I'm outta here". You knew it had to be bad if he agreed to go to Brescia. He campaigned for Bassat right? I think he lost at least 2 elections in a row.

I thought Luis Enrique would've gotten involved at Sporting Gijon after Barça. Maybe he has and we just don't hear about it. Actually, here's a fansite: http://luisenrique21.iespana.es/

Looks like he's been running a bit.