Luis Enrique - Coaching Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Or Ranieri

2. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I give Claudio credit for transforming our season last year...i will still hold him in high regard for that. This season...not so much.

I compare Montella to Bruno back in 2004/2005. Just winging it.

3. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Let's show some respect for Montella here boys, He was a great player for us and filled in the best he could as Coach. What did you really expect from the guy? Go from coaching 8 year olds to winning the Scudetto?

Thanks for the help and hard work Montella.. Good luck in the Future

Welcome Luis Henrique! Cant wait to see what you have in plans for us!

4. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I like Montela the player and always will. But the coach hell no.

He lost alot of respect from me when he took over and played his friends.

5. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope now that Sabatini anouncement, Luis Enrique anouncements are over we start hearing some new players anouncement.. and some other ones kicked ( doni :p )

6. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I guess he will be presented tomorrow eh?

7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    From what I understand he will not be presented until the new ownership takes over.

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I heard "July 4th or 5th".

9. 2t-10

2t-10 New Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    [​IMG]

In the 2007 Frankfurt Ironman triathlon, Luis Enrique covered 3.8km swimming, 180km cycling + 42.195km running in 10h:19m:30s

- he is Unique

10. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

He is going to run the out of shape players into the ground but when they come out the other side of the tunnel they will be lean mean fighting machines. :cool:

11. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Haha Totti and Borriello going to hate this guy before the season even starts :p

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I want them run into the ground for all the walking they did last season. :D

13. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mirko too. His legs were rested a fair amount last season under Raineri...

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    From today's Gazzetta Dello Sport:

The clan of Luis Enrique

A group of friends who will work together to build Roma. To keep him company in his first adventure of elite football Luis Enrique has picked people he has blind faith in. Not only on a professional level but even, and in some cases overall, on a personal level. The name and roles specified on contracts written by AS Roma are four: Ivan De la Pena will be the vice, Radael Pol Cabanellas the preparator, Roberto Morena will do scouting, and Tonin Liorente will be the assistant motivator. In Spain there will remain some external collaborators such as: Marcos Lopez, and observer, and Joaquin Valdes, a psychologist. De La Pena, according to sources in Barcelona, will be Luis' on the field man. The man who in these years has been Luis Enrique's second will remain at Barcelona. He has a newborn son and another year of contract with Barcelona. Thesame goes for Jose Ramon Callen, Luis Enriques preparator at Barcelona.

The ear piece

From the catalan club instead will arrive Roberto Moreno, who was courted by Luis Enrique a year ago. He's the scouting man and is considered a phenomenon in his field. At Roma he will provide schematics and videos and information on the opponents. In Barcelona he was known as the telephone man. Luis Enrique would sit on the bench with a ear piece on and the other end was Moreno who was seated in the stands providing tactical information on the development of the match. Luis Enrique has total trust in Moreno in regards to making decisions.

The friend from Madrid

Then you have Tonin Liorente. Who Luis Enrique wants to turn into his Manuel Estiarte: ex player and right hand man to Guardiola, who cures rapports with the club and contacts between the players and the club. Liorente is the nephew of Madird legend Paco Gento. Tonin and Luis Enrique are great friends, the two train together and participate in marathons together.

Externally in Spain you have Marcos Lopez, journalist and expert of international football. He will be an observer and help build dossiers on players to purchase. Then there is the psychologist Joaquim Valdes. He didn't transfer himself to Barcelona while working with their team, and he won't transfer to Roma either. However that doesn't mean he won't have a similar role with Roma possibly making frequent trips in order to collaborate with from friends that have transferred over from Spain.

15. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Wow, Luis Enrique sounds more like Mourinho and Villas-Boas every day.

16. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm actually quite concerned about it....i know it's a new era and certain players need to be on board with the new mentality at Roma...but, i don;t think Totti & company will adapt to not being able to run the show. I really don't think Totti will relinquish his power. Or Borri/Vuci will get annoyed at being subbed. What do you guys think? Am i over analyzing the situation??? I want us to have a fantastic season and regain our CL spot. I don;t want any B*llsh*t to affect our season.

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They can head out the door if they don't like it. No exceptions.

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Montella is Catania's new coach, btw.

19. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Relegated next year!!!!

20. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Kick them out, this ownership isnt going to take anything from anybody especially their own players.

This women will drive anybody out of Trigoria if they cross the line

[​IMG]

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Looking at his personal website I can see the guys at Retesport were wrong about him speaking Italian.

"Lo dicho, muy ilusionado y con ganas de aprender italiano. Os mantendré informados."

I can't wait to start learning Italian. I will keep you guys informed.

From his own blog, but don't be worried Italian and Spanish are so close that you can pick it up in a month or so.

http://luisenrique21.com/WordPress/ - For those that want to leave him a welcome message

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i think Roma is going to need a whole new team i cant see any Roma player putting in the work that Luis wants to see from them.

I can see Totti now saying this under his breath stu corrnuto spanoglo mi manchi Raneri but i hope Roma can step up it would be good for Serie A

23. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Totti is my fave player ever, and I am sure he will accept limited role in upcoming few years. His whole focus, and ambition is winning titles with Roma even as bench player.

He is also a very wise player, while the likes of Cannavaro Lippi del piero all wanted to continue with the NT, he retired in the best way. A world cup champion. Whereas the others ruined there legacy in 2010.

He will help enrique's job, he wont end his career fighting with coaches. He is wise.

24. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Let's hope so, Totti's been one of the biggest problems and the biggest solution for our club. No Totti, No Party... no
    Roma in most cases also, without Totti we wouldn't be in the Europa League thanks to Montella. Totti is without a doubt are greatest player, the problem is he knows that too has a bit too much power. I hope he excepts a more retracted role for the future of the club, but I fear his ambitions of moving up in the all time goal-scoring records and far'fetched idea of winning the Champions League will cause some fricition between him and Enrique.

25. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Too bad Totti has 0 power now, and its the way it should be.

His sister is no longer in charge.