Luis Enrique - Coaching Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Re: The Coaching Situation (Round 3)

The question was who do you prefer. Come on ... cast your vote. :) BigSoccer wants to know.

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

you pushed me ddr, and i casted my vote. Deshamps isnt my fave choice, but i prefer him to luis enrique.
    i am huge fan of dutch managers, if we want to go non-italian.

i still dont believe lusi enrique will be our new managr despite all the assurances by the media... i just find it strange choice... very very strange.

3. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma

Voted for Deschamp. I would "prefer" a coach with experience with Italian footy and a person who knows the Italian style of play. I don't like how Luis has not coached in an A team. That really bothers me. If he does become our new coach, i do hope that the Roma staff have faith in him and obviously know more about him then any of us do. Is he that new brilliant coach that we've stolen from the market? Or is he that unproven lame duck coach that we will ultimately change next year. Only time will tell.

4. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I think most are just assuming that Luis Enrique is going to be the new coach so there was no point in voting. I only voted b/c DDR pushed me which is probably why others are voting for Didier Deschamp now :)

5. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma

^ Poll says who do you prefer...not who is likely to become the new coach. I don't think anyone here prefers a coach that hasn't coached in any A before...but, he may be a diamond in the rough that only people in management know about. Who knows. Hard to judge a guy we know nothing about.

6. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma

I do. I want a fresh start. I want our club to go as far awhile from Italian soccer model as we can go.

7. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

I think Forza Totti makes a valid point. I think for me it comes down to not be excited by Deschamps and finding intrique in Luis Enrique. So I'm ready to to all in and take the gamble.

He's quite fascinating guy too. He did the Ironman triathlon in Germany in 10 hours. Did the Firenze marathon in under 3 hours, improving on his old time.
    They say he's in better shape now then he was as a player. He refused to plays his best player one match because he came ten minutes late to training.

I can't imagine doing the Ironman, at my age let alone his. A 4km swim, followed by 10km bike ride, and closed off with 40km run. I'd probably quit after the first leg.

8. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma

Some words from Luis...

Good thing we already have the players...:eek:

9. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma

If Italia NT is attempting to play similar to Spain...then guess having Luis have Roma play like "Barca" is a good thing. Let's hope Perrotta starts watching some Barca games so he can turn into Messi :)

10. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

You keep hinting this, you do know we are going to buy some 6 players this summer?

11. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

For the Barca system to work here, you need special type of players. And those players arent much available. Its very hard to find players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta who complete there passes soo good. You need players who complete there passes big time, de rossi hell sure aint one.And is a player regarded as star of our side. Freaking Mascherano didnt work in midfield at barca.

12. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Also there is one more thing you forget, that Barca players been playing together for so many ********ing years since there youth system. They know each other blindly in the field. You can close there eyes, and they can still find each other.

If u think u add 6 players, and try to implement barca football it will be successful you are wrong.

13. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia

It's not a matter of pass completion, it's a matter of movement. If other players are moving properly, it's easy to pass them the ball.

14. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma

Believe me even Messi and Xavi would look like mediocre players if they were playing for a side like Dynamo Tbilisi...

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

No one has said they want to implement Barcelona's system at Roma. Sabatini has not said this. Franco Baldini has not said this. Di Benedetto has not said this.

The only people that have come to this simple conslusion and are media and fan.

Do you really think that Luis Enrique, Franco Baldini, and Walter Sabatini do not know these things? You think that us watching games on our TV are able to figure out that a good deal of Barca's success stems from their upbringing and somehow they are blind to it? Me and you can watch Roma and see Taddei is finished but it alludes Franco Baldini and Sabatini?

Luis Enrique is not coming to try and transform Roma into Barcelona in one summer. If anything the only things Roma is planning on immediately copying from Barcelona is how they have one formation that is played from the lowest youth team all the way to the first team. That formation is going to be a 4-3-3.

For everything else I'm sure Luis Enrique will be left to find his own balance. Nothing will be achieved overnight, but if you have patience, if you believe, support it, and constantly work towards it ... then nothing is impossible.

And for the record, Roma ... with these mediocre players like Taddei and Perrotta was able to play a game very similar to Barcelona just a few years ago. They didn't grow up together, they weren't superstars, they just had an excellent coach that made the movements and passing become second nature.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Rfc7ktVBk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Rfc7ktVBk[/ame]

I even found something Perrotta has on Messi, when have you ever seen Messi score with his head :D

16. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma

I don't believe anything until it happens...they can say we're going to sign 10 players....but until we officially sign them, i'm fully expecting to see Perrotta and Taddei in our starting lineup come MD1. :eek:

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

The days of Rosella and singing whoever was available are over my friend. Roma has already bought 2 to 3 players and is just waiting to announce them. :D

18. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma

^ It's going to take me a while to detoxicate myself from the poison for all these years of lame signings. Once we start making some significant signings i'll get past the Tavano/Wilhelmsson type signings of the past!!! As exciting as this new era is under DiB...i want to see how much money actually gets invested in transfers.

19. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma

Champions League Final '09 in our very own Stadio Olimpico

20. AlCapone

AlCapone Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

Luis Enrique: "I really like the project of Roma. There are some details missing before we can call it an agreement."

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

Today's Il Romanista claims that tomorrow Luis Enrique will sign his contract to become the new coach of AS Roma. They say at the very most might be delayed until Tuesday, but only in the case of unforeseen circumstances. The signing will be done by fax, and be followed by a press release from AS Roma.

They go on to claim that Luis Enrique is already preparing for the summer training in Riscone di Brunico which will take place in mid-July. He's asked to be given more time than what's been given in recent years (around 20 days). He wants to get to know his players and earn the teams confidence. He's a coach that works very closely on the rapport with his players. In recent days AS Roma has sent him a DVD with matches from the first team and from the primavera. They say it's very likely he will bring a lot of the players from the youth team to the summer training session.

22. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma

Good.

23. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

I hope he will be presented together with Lamela and Alvarez. :D

24. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia

Probably not. Idk if the lawyer Unicredit will set up to work on Roma's transfers is gonna have enough time to wrap up two transfers by then.

25. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

A bit on Luis Enriques training preperator.

He's born in Huesca, and transfered to Barcelona to teach the University of Sport, then a friend introduced him to Luis Enrique: "From there (his worth in an interview from 2010) my life changed". Callen become his personal trainer, helping him train for marathons and triathlons until Luis Enrique was given the Barcelona bench and proposed for him to join him. He is a sergeant made of steel, his training sessions are extremely hard, he pretends (as asked by the Luis Enrique) a physical form always at the very top.