Luis Enrique - Coaching Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree. Some of the blame has to be on the players. I'm happy we picked up players like Pjanic or Lamela, but no one can honestly say they've had good seasons. Besides maybe a few games most of our new recruits haven't performed that much higher then Greco.

And you also have to put some of that on up stairs management as well for buying these players. WE HAVE TO try to buy all our players before the end of July this season. Not wait until the last minute like last season and buy a lot of players in bulk. Idealy I'd like to see some new faces by the end of June.

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hes still mediocre at best

3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    arguable

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We kind of did that this seasonand look at where we're sitting

5. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah exactly. The top half with a team made in 4 days.

Stuff doesn't happen over night, trial and error, investment, risk, etc

6. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Yes, but you did the same thing the past 3 seasons as well. You were bound to hit a jackpot once.

7. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am also starting to become more tolerant of LE even if I remain a bit sceptical of his coaching ability.

That there has been a problem, particularly since the winter break, in the camp is evident from:

- the lackluster attitude the team has shown in some games (all the more suprising given that CL qualification rested on these games which were so important for so many of these players' careers, like De Rossi, Stekelenburg and Osvaldo, players who are at or around the peak of their careers);

- the recent comments of Baldini and LE himself (he said some players have some character defects in his press conference before the game against Napoli);

- the partiucalry bad disciplinary record.

While it is true that, ultimately, LE is respoonsible for the squad's overall mentality, it is probably true that this can be fixed in the summer, even if it means selling a valuable player. Encouragingly, Baldini has said the club knows what to do to resolve the problems of this season and will recruit players to make the squad better adapted to LE's tactics and sounder from the point of view of character.

While these changes over the summer should enable Roma to perform much better next season, the question which none of us can answer yet is how good a coach LE is. Although I have been very critical of him generally this season, I am beginning to think he should be given next season to show how good he is because it seems that several of the problems we have had were not caused directly by him and if the squad is improved both tactically and mentally, he will start delivering the type of football and results we have seen in patches this season.

8. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting back up to speed.

While we were out.

Also these comments by AVB's agent today.

That's not a flat denial.

9. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lets go AVB.

10. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh what I would do to have this on our touch line next season...

11. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You hire an experience manager, we cannot afford any more risks.Villas Boas is just another risk.

My choice is non-other then walter mazzarri.A coach who is yet to fail with any serie a club in italy.Has the experience, knows the envioorment.Plus on top of it, he will leave napoli as he knows napoli reached its peak...and any manager can only do worse with napoli from now on.

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Never failed? The guy hasn't won anything. By those standards even Ranieri has never failed. Villas Boas might have failed at Chelsea but he's won more than your boy Mazzarri.

Also I don't even get why you suggest a coach that is currently employed.

14. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Embarassing post, look at the clubs he coached before opening your mouth like that "won nothing".Conte won nothing before juve, allegri won nothing before milan.And none of this two did better then Mazzarri before joining those two.
    Ranieri? a guy who coached inter, juve, chelsea ..you compare him to Mazzarri's who coached reggina, napoli, sampdoria? GET REAL FFS!

Villas boas did nthg with porto, but winning that mickey mouse cup.Porto always win portugese league whoever the manager is.
    And oh yeh, Mazzarri completly schooled him in the CL with an inferior team.

15. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    and this is from another forum what a sampdoria fan posted.

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma is not Milan or Juve. Maybe if Mazzarri goes to Milan he will win something. He sure as heck won't do it at Roma.