Luis Díaz - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I feel like Liverpool have real potential to have some excellent kits but they just refuse season after season. All their recent shirts are like a weird modern take on the 90's crappy styles which look like clown clothes

this season's home was an anomaly

2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

dapip, Doogs and J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  4. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    heard Liverpool is bringing Summerville which could mean competition to Diaz or that he is leaving

it could also mean that Liverpool is beefing up their squad as that was one of their flaws last season

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Be prepared for them to be linked with loads of Dutch players with the arrival of Arnie

7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  8. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You guys snoop in the Liverpool forums? Seems like alot of their fans don’t rate Diaz all that much. I can see where they’re coming from as far as Lucho’s end product but replacing Sadio Mane was always going to be a tough task.

9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Eh. Klopp loved him dearly so I’ll take his option over fans. Also ESPN listed him among the best players in the PL and slotted him as the most important player for Liverpool.

He is far from their problem. Hopefully they new manager rates him but Lucho will always be rated by managers wherever he ends up

kromekote repped this.
  10. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Liverpool fans want to buy a la cheap. They spend roughly the same as the West Ham's/Villa's of the EPL but want Messi equivalent. They are a club that is known for squeezing out the very best out of players but that combo Mane-Salah-Firminho was prime time at the perfect time that defensively they also became next level. If they want to replicate that again, in today's market they will have to spend a hell of a lot more in all their lines.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I’d be more concerned with what they paid for Núñez. Diaz has more than lived up to his signing

kromekote repped this.
  12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

10000000%

13. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah Nunez has been hit or miss whereas Diaz was a nailed on starter whenever fit for Liverpool. I think his end product will continue to improve and all the other things he does stay constant.

14. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I really do hope so for both his performances with Liverpool and the NT. As much as I love Luchito, I am a bit critical of him at certain moments when has to make a decision in the final third. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the guy but I hold him to a pretty high standard and should be more decisive.

15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think is chance creation is his biggest weakness, but we may just have to accept that he may not hit elite levels around the box and his ceiling may not be that much higher. It's harder for guys who put in as much work tracking back, dribbling and pressing to then also have the energy levels and ability when you get to the box, I think this year we should see if he stays healthy what he can do for club and if he can make the last step.

Azucarero, Uzuriaga and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He been ok this copa

Hope him and James unlock their scoring opportunities his game

Azucarero repped this.
  17. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I think after the last Copa and the half season at Porto immediately following, where he was scoring for fun, both Diaz and us fans have expected him to be much more of a goal scorer than he actually is.

At Liverpool, I don't think it bothers him as much. He knows Salah is the main man there. But with Colombia he sometimes presses for dazzling plays and gols and gets down on himself for not carrying the team. Actually, he probably carries the Liverpool baggage with him.

After getting the praise he rightfully deserved for attacking Uruguay's defense by himself last game, I hope he gets a deserved gol in the final. Moreover, I hope he remembers his value isn't just measured by scoring--which hopefully allows him to play more fluid so that he does score more.

ryu79, Uzuriaga and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I guess I'm one of the few that thought going to barca actually could be a good move for him. It feels like at Liverpool they have a hard time accepting that he doesn't score and assist more. He may still be their most consistent player up front but it seems like only Klopp appreciated that.
    In Colombia he's only scored twice this tournament but no one really has a problem with that. He's still considered one of the best.
    I don't think he'll ever score more than 15 goals/season or 20 tops in all competitions.
    He took a lot of heat after all the misses vs Man.City and frankly if they played again it wouldn't surprise me if he would wasted equal amount of opportunities.
    And it's not a lack of skill, or that he has to "work on his finishing", I think it's more nervousness and that he can't take the pressure.
    I think he'd have more fun at barca and probably much better chemistry with the other attackers and less pressure to score. La liga isn't as hard fought for the top teams as it is in EPL. If you slip in EPL you end up at 4th or 5th spot. Barca is almost guaranteed top 3 regardless of how they play.

Doogs, J-Mezzy and Azucarero repped this.
  19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I said it before all the Euro hype and I will say it again.
    Going to Barca with him on one side and Yamal on the other side would be must see television every week/weekend.

Now I know they are in financial troubles but it would have been great to see that deal get done.

20. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe but as a Real Madrid fan that would be torture. I don’t like Mina at all so when he was at Barca I could really care less.

21. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hate real madrid, always have. I just think its lame that they have infinite money over and over again. So every season they can just buy whatever they want regardless of who they sell. Its like playing a FIFA career mode on easy and with financial takeover, like a 10 year old child owns the club and does whatever they want. Then you get the little boys who claim to be their fan just so they can get easy wins over and over.

seeing Yerry at Barcelona was one of the greatest things ever for me. I've always been an admirer of their style and what they were able to create. I grew watching the early 2000s Barcelona so watching them go from that to Rijkaard and then the emergence of Messi with Guardiola was some of the greatest stuff i've ever seen in my life. Now its back to reality again with their current situation but thats football, ups and downs. Things can't be perfect forever, nor can you just buy your way to success for decades and decades

22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you love saying this don't you?

23. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Barca looks to be signing Niko... Dont think that's happening...

J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they were always going to prefer the younger spanish guy

Uzuriaga repped this.
  25. Froboy69