Lufthansa going to take over Swiss

Discussion in 'Finance, Investing & Economy' started by 96Squig, Mar 13, 2005.

1. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    According to Yahoo.de talks are going on between the European airlines Lufthansa and Swiss about the first taking over the second. Swiss has been in troubles for a couple of years now and did not come to an agreement about joining British Airways Oneworld Alliance.
    What do you think about it? I think it's about time, Lufthansa seemed to have lost some ground to British airways and Air France_KLM... time to get it back ;-)

2. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: conventional wisdom

An takeover is always for best. Situation flawlessly exist on paper. My expertise is minimum however, some would say. This helps keep things tidy and wages down. When we say down, we mean purchase would increase service. Assest would double and profits climb. An investment adventure for all.

3. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    As long as the brand is continued and Zurich Unique remains a major hub airport, I think it's a good idea. Hopefully this will also resolve the air traffic conflict between Germany and Switzerland...

Kommentar: Startpiste frei

4. Danwoods

Danwoods Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Bertram, TX, US
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyone that invests in the airline industry right now either knows something the rest of the world doesn't (oil going back to $20bbl?) or is going to lose their money.

5. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United

I remember reading in the Economist that the entire airline industry over its entire history has a net loss.

Sachin

6. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The situation in Europe is not as bad as in the US though, if United survives it will be partly Lufthansa and the Star Alliance having helped them...