Luckenbill

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Heeligan2, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    Luckenbill played the entire game tonight in USWNT v Canada. Lucks has been selected as the back up keeper to Briana Scurry as they head into the Olympics. The announcers remarked on how well she did early in that Couraage season before Prinz arrived almost single-handedly keeping us in the race. Go Lucks. :cool:

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm still flumoxed by how long it took her to get a game. Heck, even Emily Oleksiuk has two caps, and she never got a minute for the Courage. Luckenbill couldn't even get a camp invite while she was beating out some hack named Nordby - all the while Pagliarulo and Branam kept getting calls. I guess they're close to the Arco Center outside San Diego where the USWNT used to do most of their training (prior to the HDC), but still....

Then, suddenly, six months after her employer went belly up, Lucks gets a call. I'm happy for Kristin, but I still don't understand why the call didn't come two years ago when she really was the best American keeper playing.

3. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Melissa Moore on line 1; she'd like to offer a second opinion on that last statement. :D

Paul

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Jesus H. Christ. Don't you have somewhere else to be?

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Sorry if this pissed you off - (I don't retaliate for negative rep) - but the fact is. The incessant "Charge player" crap was barely tolerable two years ago. Let it go - or at least keep it in the WUSA or Charge forums. This forum is generally for the handful of Courage fans remaining, and not for your strafing runs. It may be "funny - ha ha" to you, but it's just tiresome to me.