Luciano on Univision Today, 3/11/07

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by apqjr, Mar 11, 2007.

1. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    I have not seen this posted yet. Luciano will be a guest of Republica Deportiva today on Univision. The article mentions an 11:00am start time, but my cable guide shows it at noon.

Luciano Emilio en República Deportiva este domingo
    **Would it be possible to get JoeSoccerFan to translate this?:D

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They probably didn't figure in the time change.

3. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Any chance we can convince Lucio to pull a motorboat on that hot co-host chick? :p

4. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    What??? And have him risk catching a sexual assault charge, and get deported? I'd rather get him the finest DC hooker at my expense.

5. Doctor Woo

Doctor Woo Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Newport, OR
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I will try...

The delantero Brazilian Luciano Emilio of DC United will be specially invited this Sunday March 11 to the popular program Republica Deportivo which transmits itself from 11AM to 1PM for the cadena Univision.

Italicized are the words I don't know off the top of my head, but if memory serves, a delantero is a type of farm implement and a cadena is an escalator.;)

Edit: I love the reflexives that Spanish uses. The show "transmits itself", like a glass of milk will spill itself. No fault language.

6. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    delantero=forward

7. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    are you sure?

I thought it was lantern, de lantero. the lantern because spanish occassionally drop the last consonant and add a vowel cause it sounds better.

In the context, "delantero Brazilian Luciano Emilio of DC United", it refers to Emilio being the light of the DCU offense. It's a metaphor.

:D

Oh, I don't do TV translations there's just too many people that don't listen very well and I wind up arguing on translations. Whereas with written words, it's abundantly obvious on the accuracy of my translation...

8. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    Jesus Wayne Christ...now I owe you rep twice!!

9. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    Republica looks to be running from noon-2pm today, as a lead in to the FMF game at 2, as this early DST change is a US thing.

anyway, Luciano is set to be on in the next segment (shortly after 1PM eastern).

10. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    so far he's only commented on how nice it was to be welcomed to the show and accompanied off the elevator by las mujeres "muy bonitas" de la Republica.

11. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    from what i could understand of it, it was a nice interview, talking about his time in Honduras, his reasons for coming to MLS/DC, how it is playing with the other South Americans on United, and what he expects from the Chivas series. he was gracious with his answers, stating that he didn't want to celebrate too much his goal for DC at Olimpia, and that Chivas is a full team that United has to be prepared for, but he mentioned Bravo and "Bobo" Bautista by name as players to look out for on Chivas.

at the end of the segment they asked him to dance as he would in carnival in Brazil. then he did some slight dancing with the scantily clad women of la Republic. it was very distracting and i almost forgot to post here.

Sueno MLS, the Chivas USA segment is on now.

12. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md

That tall chick in the middle of the three bonitas ought to be arrested for how god damned beautiful she is.

Can you legally wear skirts that short on television? :D

13. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    Luciano just presented a "#11" United jersey to Fernando Fiore.

14. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Was the host trying to sell Luciano those 2 shirts? One had a Pepsi logo (montaga? and the other was white).

15. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, my.

16. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    NOW filling in for Mike Martin is JSF for the negative POV:

• I don't like panty hoes (hose?) much better with little socks.
    • She has an odd birthmark above the bandage (er. skirt)

17. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Legalize it.

18. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    that's a tattoo....

wow, wow, wow

19. Vasco

Vasco New Member

Jun 8, 2003
    RIO
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i missed emilo, watching the game now.

damn those three ladies are fine. loved the skirts

I need to moved to Miami

20. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love that show

21. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    the good thing about Univision signing back on with MLS/SUM, is that more fans will have more of a reason to witness the charms of Republica Deportiva, if they are interested. and why wouldn't they be?.

22. BadLlama

BadLlama Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Gainesville
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah Spanish television. Getting around TV ratings for years.

Also, se transmite would translate to is transmitted, not transmits itself

23. Baldiviego

Baldiviego New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Seeing Fernado Fiore made me remember when he was at the RFK running away after somebody recognized him and a small crowd started chasing him.

24. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    I watched this earlier today. The main thing, to me, was that hosts Rosana and Felix were really putting him on the spot about playing for the Honduran Nat team, saying he should represent them in the Gold Cup (which Univision and it's sister stations will televise). Apparently they thought it was a near certainty that Luciano Emilio would soon be wearing a Honduran jersey.

LE was tactful and said that it would be an honor to be asked to play but said he hadn't even started the process towards becoming a Honduran citizen (although he has a Honduran born daughter and apparently meets the residency requirements). My hopeful interpretation is that LE was just being polite and not trying to snub any Honduran fans. He said the Honduran press has speculated and suggested he should play for Honduras.

I really have nothing against him representing a national team except for it making him miss DC games. And Honduras already has David Suazo anyway.

25. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This could only be one man.....

A Bolivian One. I know who you are...:p ;)