Luchi & Cooke

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by rapidfan, Jul 5, 2005.

1. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    IMO - going forward, Luchi should start 'up top' with Cunningham. Also, I believe Cooke and Denton are the best we have on the flanks.

-------------Cannon--------------
    Lewis--Borchers--Petke--Kotchtau
    Cooke -- Nkong -- Pablo -- Denton
    ---- Luchi ---- Cunningham----

2. foote5252

foote5252 New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    i like that lineup.... A LOT!!! i would have to say that is without question, the best team lineup we have. hopefully that will be something we see the remainder of the year.

3. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Just out of curiosity...I think Luchi has talent...

But he's slow, very soft (physically), cedes positioning all the time, and has the softest, most polite shot on goal of anyone in MLS.

Do you really think Luchi has what it takes to be a forward in this league? Or is he just listed here because our depth at forward is so weak, and there are not many other starting options up top?

I have my doubts that Luchi has what it takes to be a starting forward in this league. Doesn't mean I am ready to write him off. But I don't think the opposing team's keeper will need to worry much about shots from him that do anything but gently roll or float to the keeper.

4. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree.

Sub in Freeman for Lewis.

5. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    I agree about Freeman and think that Luchi should only be a midfielder or a withdrawn forward. He is just too slow. :)

6. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Good point on questioning Luchi as an MLS forward. IMO - Luchi is listed as a forward in the starting line up because Pedro is not playing well and Wolde appears to be 'end of career'.

7. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I know Pedro didn't earn any friends with his July 4th performance, but he is valuable up top because he has size. Luchi, Cunningham, and Nkong seem to play mostly at their feet. Pedro is the only one who goes up to head balls down to Cunningham. He was probably the biggest offensive presense for our team in the first half (though that doesn't mean much).

I'm not sold on Cooke. He had a nice goal, but what else? He wasn't on my side of the field, so maybe I missed something. He can take a free kick, but he doesn't seem to have anymore pace than Luchi.

-----------Cannon-----------
    Freeman-Borchers-Petke-Kotchtau
    ---------Pablo---------Denton
    Luchi----------Nkong----------
    ------Pedro---------Cunningham

8. Rapids Fan

Rapids Fan New Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Lakewood, Colorado

I would rather have a player that can cross the ball, score a beautiful goal that Denton. So i would rather have Cooke in the lineup.

9. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Sorry, I was under the "Denton will never be benched" belief. Luchi could maybe provide on the left.

-----------Cannon-----------
    Freeman-Borchers-Petke-Kotchtau
    -------------Pablo--------------
    Cooke--------------------Luchi
    -------------Nkong------------
    ------Pedro---------Cunningham

Hmm... This looks familiar, but with inferior wings than we had two months ago...

10. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    It will be an interesting to see who wins the right mid position ; Cooke or Luchi. IMO - it's really good to see healthy competition at this position.