Lucci, a student at SJSU?!?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by 1Bri Fanatic333, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Quakesfreak

Quakesfreak New Member

Jul 13, 2001
    CA
    ughh, thank god!

2. Quakesfreak

Quakesfreak New Member

Jul 13, 2001
    CA
    i mean, i love the campus and all, but it'd be sooooooooooo much nicer without the ugly bricks in your face the second you enter that side of the campus. i mean color people...we need color.

3. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    They need to add some color in the damn bathrooms. Taking a shoer in the morning is so depressing with all the CREAM!

To elaborate on what Erin said...they are tearing down the bricks, bt not all of them. They are only tearing down the ones closest to eleventh street. Hoover, Royce, and Duncan (I think that's the third building in the sequence) are staying for the time being. Thay are planning to start it in January....at semester actually, the residents of those halls have to move into a temporary housing hall, which hasnt been used in years, from what I hear. The three bricks are being torn down and are being re-built to be able to house more students. The whole project has caused a huge proar in housing this year. The waiting list is a couple miles long, still.

As far as how ugly the bricks go, I agree, but I must say this. I live in Royce, whic is the middle building in the second sequence of the bricks, and I am lucky as hell. Joe West (the huge tower) is mostly all tripple rooms, and 12 stories high. Who would want to climb all those stairs....cuz I don't lke elevators much, sorry. Plus, Joe West doesn't have air or heat in the individual rooms, the bricks do. Plus, sumthing like 70% of all the brick rooms, are doubles, instead of tripples.....which is a VERY good thing, IMO. It really ismuch better on the inside than they are on the outside....believe me. If not, then come visit me, I'll show you.

I knwo this doesn't mean much to us, but housng likes the bricks because it's a lot easier for them to distingush the buildings to studets. Its either the bricks, or the tower....you know wut I mean?

And I had also heard the Joe West was sort of a cave. That you can walk down the halls, and go down certain halls, to avoid people all together, and you never even have to get to knwo people. In the bricks, there is no choice but to run into people and get to knwo others.

4. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Anyone notice the SMU team rooting for Lucci? My wife did. :(

5. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously? The game in Dallas?

6. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Nope.....at Spartan vs Crew, like 15 SMU guys all in SMU warm-ups. They kept chanting LU-CCI LU-CCI LU-CCI. My wife said she liked the "buffet" at Spartan that night. :( It was quite obvious that she wasn't alone in her oggling of the SMU boys. They developed quite a fan club by the time the match was over. I didn't get any beer that night. :(

7. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang it!!! How'd I miss that!

I must be more exhausted than I thought!!

8. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Too much beer, or not enough, you be the judge. Actually they about the South East goal line.....I like to migrate with the offense. :D

9. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I think my 8 year old is ready for college . I bet she can spell "shoer" . Enough of this 3rd grade for her .

10. LucciAficionado

LucciAficionado New Member

May 5, 2002
    Hayward
    SMU is a Methodist Uni. in Texas. He went there and is going to graduate in Dec. I think that is why Dallas had dips on him first before we drafted him. I am glad he is here though. Although the past two games I haven't talked to him much he is really cool. I saw a car that looked just liked his broken down on the freeway after the game 2 or three weeks ago. Then this saturday his car wasn't even there... or at least I didn't see him leave in it. He was wearing purple. Or he said it was "violet" whatever.

Broccoli
    Purple
    Dolores

11. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to clarify, and if I'm not mistaken, Dallas did not have dibs on him. We traded draft picks with Dallas in order to acquire Lucci. A team does not hold dibs on any player during the draft. And especially not because a player goes to school in the area.

But I do agree, I'm darn glad we got him!

12. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Lucci, a student at SJSU?!?

Some sports have (or had) a draft pool where they could secure a player's rights due to region. However, that does not balance the pool in a fair manner, so draft pools in every sport, including MLS, are consisted of all eligible players, be seniors or those who choose to make themselves available.

No team can reserve a player to be picked. It seems that way but if another team wanted that "player" who is already reserved then some kind of exchange between clubs.

It is confusing but the golden rule is no team has rights on a certain player before the draft. To be fair, the team that picks first will have a wider selection while the team that picks last will have to deal with who is left and available.

13. golieboy01

golieboy01 New Member

Feb 18, 2002
    miami florida
    hey guys go to www.fysa.com and on the left to touchline

ofcourse its an article on lucci! haha

14. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome article!!

LUUUU-CCCCIIIII!!! :D

16. LucciAficionado

May 5, 2002
    Hayward
    Oh okay.

See the problem with me is that I understand the game but I don't understand the legality of the MLS and aquiring players/ trainding players/ect. but I appreciate your attempt at making it a little bit clearer.

Kris, thanks for the link. That was a cool article.

Broccoli for everyone
    Dolores

17. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was taking a break at work the other day. Trying to stretch my neck and back out after sitting at my computer.

So I stand up and kinda peer longingly out the window at the gorgeous weather outside.

And I saw this guy walk by the window that either had to be Lucci, or it looked just like him. Only thing is, he had on baggy pants and a long shirt. So I couldn't tell if it was really Ghetto Booty! :D

18. Ramiros_Soccer_Chica

Jun 10, 2001
    Nor-Cal
    Haha! That was totally not him. Baggy pants, cmon now? Ghetto Booty isn't that GHETTO! (that's what we call him-besides some other choice names he hates)

TRANSFORM
    MARI

19. LucciAficionado

May 5, 2002
    Hayward
    Lindsey, what exactly was the question he got asked and what was his answer?

RSC: shhh your not suppose to share the secret names. I am not going to say them here but, a couple Kris has told us are a little derragatory, but thats what I like about them. I will call Looch them at the next game too. It will be fun.

He mentioned is "mini-fan base, that want to take pictures and stuff" ... yeah that'd me all the way.

Broccoli
    Dolores

20. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, I guess I used the wrong word here. They weren't "baggy" pants. They certainly weren't ghetto. This guy I saw was dressed very nicely. But his pants weren't tight.

21. LucciAficionado

May 5, 2002
    Hayward
    I never have stared at his booty to see if it was ghetto or not. I think I'd feel weird if I did. Well I'll stare at it on Saturday and I will give my judgement on it. I have noticed that he has very nice thick legs though. Especially when he wears those white jeans and brown boots. Very nice!

I have looked at Jon's booty though. It's right at eye level cause I am that short and he is that tall. Sometimes I think he stretches right in front of the Northend just of me. ;)

Broccoli
    Dolores

22. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucci took Jimmy's SAT and said he has a ghetto booty.

That's why we call him that.

I'm much too old to be staring at the players butts. :D

23. LucciAficionado

May 5, 2002
    Hayward

Should I stare at it?....

Yeah I know. That is where we got it from too. I screamed it to him at a couple of games, but he is so in his own zone he probably doesn't hear it. He's a really focused person before, during and after the games.

He is one of those people that can get away with wearing white after labor day.:)

Boccoli
    Dolores