Lucas

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by ChanceTheDog, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ChanceTheDog

ChanceTheDog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    lexington
  2. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we all had a good feeling when we signed him and now that's being confirmed. It's too bad Xabi's had such a rough year, injury-wise, but the silver lining is that we're seeing glimpses of the future in Lucas.

His game reminds me most of Fabregas - a true CM with some bite, but also very comfortable creating and getting forward. Right now he's pulling the strings from a deeper position, but I'm sure he'll start getting forward a lot more and scoring some goals as he adapts to the league and the team.

3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    He forgot to mention that he's been a Liverpool fan since he could kick a ball.....:D

4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    :D

I think he likes the word fantastic, or at least the interpreter did? ;)

5. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was brilliant, I mean massive, I mean fantastic -- only three adjectives most footballers know -- for that matter most Brits:D

6. Bobinhood

Bobinhood Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Toronto
    Well let me be the first.....

"...Lucas and Momo, Xabi Alonso, Gerrard and Mash-er-a-noooo...."

Coming soon to a Kop near you.

7. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    What a brilliant observation. You must have a massive brain for one with such a fantastically small weenie.......:D

8. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Fixed your post:eek:

9. Bobinhood

Bobinhood Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Toronto
    Well thats a hard act to follow. Cough. Cough.

Was just going to mention that although i like Lucas so far also, very good potential it would seem, he gave away several balls that if it were momo the thread would be full of people screaming about the reckless disregard of it all.

Lucas just gives the strong impression of being in firm control at all times, more or less the total opposite of sissoko. Nonetheless, the balls ended up on opposition toes.

Not to diss the kid, hes doing great, both overall and considering his age, but i think if momo had played exactly the same game people would have been yelling at him not singing his praises.

just a thought. out.

10. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think the difference is that we all have seen Momo have consistently good games over the last 2 seasons and he has dropped off...he never used to make the mistakes that he has made this season...dont be too hard on Lucas...every player gives the ball away however Momo has contributed a major part to losing a game