Lubbock/Tech?

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Orange1836, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    This is driving me crazy, i need to be surrounded by people who share my passion for this team, and here in lubbock i find very little. I see tech in dallas fan's sig and name and it makes me absolutely sick.
    I have evangelized, and been mildly successful to the point of creating sort of almost tshirt fans, interested, but don't care, its kind of hard when you don't have access to the game.

Now i know we have quite a few tech alumnus on here, but is anyone currently rocking the hub city?
    is there any reason we can't have a texian army, red raider troop or something to that effect? would love to have some early/late season viewing parties up here.

anyone

2. OrangeTica

OrangeTica Member

Nov 30, 2007
    213/214 beeches
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

im down if anyone goes. i hate driving. ill be the passenger

i have a friend who goes to texas tech so i can have a place to stay:)

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the Tech Men's team circa '96 there was the local West Texas guys, several from the San Antonio area and then me from H-Town. The rest of our team were DFW guys. The Euless and Ft. Worth guys were cool but to deal with the Plano and JJ Pierce lots was a pain in the ass.
    I know how you feel Orange.

As crap as it sounds, there is the idea of getting all the matches over the internet. Might i suggest calling people over that have an interest, sit down to watch the match and use it as a "pre-party chug fest/rally point" for that Sat. nights bar crawl around town. Start small and in a few months there might be a room full of folks that would never have gotten together and become drinking buddies if it wasn't for you and the Houston Dynamo.

You mean the Texian Army Sharpshooters Brigade GET YOUR GUNS UP!

4. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    matador brigade...

5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if Bash Riprocks is still around off of Univeristy Ave and adjacent to 'The U' apartment place, but that is where some of us footy guys would take in World Cup qualifiers in '97. I asked the bar guys at Bash's to put the game on and it was never a problem. I recall watching Zola and Italia beating England in a big matchup. The Tech rugby guys were also in there so that waterign hole was always international sports friendly.
    I also had a bunch of friends over for the kick butt WCQ between us and el Tri back in April of that '97 Hex. 2-2 game at old Foxborough and I have rarely fealt as jacked up as when Eddie Pope equalized against Mexico...my whole living room errupted as beer cans went everywhere!
    It can be done getting people over that all enjoy soccer and drinking or just a little soccer and lots of drinking. Have at it amigo.

WINNER!

6. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    anyway, i'll be wearing my jersey around campus on a regular basis for the remainder of my carrer here. we'll see what that attracts.

7. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    btw, the women's soccer team, when I was there, had quite a few hotties that like to drink and ********...so my goal would be to see which one of them I could get to wear Houston Dynamo gear around campus.
    It has been my expereince that having little hot mamcitas sporting a team's gear or emblem has staying power in people's minds more than some dude walking past them that hasn't cut his hair in 8 months. No matter how hard you're "attracting" I promise you she will do more promotion in one day then you will all week. Sabes???

8. OrangeCajun

OrangeCajun Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Cypress, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bash's is great! I've drank myself stupid after many a rugby game there myself. It was the only place you could get chimay at as well. If Crickets is still around, they used to show soccer games as well.

9. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    crickets is cool, i'm not a partier at all, but it would be well worth it.
    they have foosball, and that is what matters in a bar for me.

10. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crickets was the spot where I spent my last days as a college student. Good times and I am glad to see it is still alive and kickin'!

That location was...was...eh..um...crap I can't recall the name right now but it was more of a true college bar rather than Crickets' version of a hundred beers on tap and good food on hand bar that it turned into.
    The bar that was there before had penny pitchers one night of the week and it was like being in the Kop end of Anfield in the 80's...absolutely no where to move as everyone was standing packed in there.

11. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    yeah, i have a tendancy to be that random sober guy, only really go out to see bands i like.
    ktxt saves my life, wonderful radio station.