LTBMs Mathis Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by listentobobmarley, Jul 22, 2002.

1. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001
    Mathis is God

Discuss

2. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001
  3. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah, but I'm the "Soccer Deity" so that makes me better than Mathis. I'm expecting a callup anytime now.

4. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Good thing I'm agnostic AND drunk. ************ Mathis and ************ this thread!!!

listentobobmarley repped this.
  5. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001

Seee its true

6. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    LTBM?

At first I thought it was an abreviation for something else: "Let there be Mathis"

7. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001
    Oh really.

Listen to a badassmother*******, Mathis

8. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    See, this is so much better than the Mathis is gay thread. Yes, Mathis is a SOCCER GOD! Can't wait for his return in August, should make the playoffs interesting. such a cutie

9. saroccer

saroccer New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Atl/Kabul
    So Clint is Gawd, but is he in shape? discuss.

10. fusion101

fusion101 Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Mathis has relized that he needs to pick up his work rate if he wants to go anywhere or do anything big. I think that next WC he will be a full time starter. But it all depends on how hard he wants it. Clint will be God in 2006.

11. lachrymologist@46+2

lachrymologist@46+2 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    Arizona Bay
    fusion101, you receive my nomination for this months BigSoccer Fair Posting award.

God forbid I start another thread down the Arena vs. Mathis pathway, but this is one of the few "Mathis as religion" posts I've seen that actually owns up to idea that Mathis might just need some better work habits.

One can reasonably argue with Arena's decisions, but if all the talk of Mathis not being completely professional is true (and Arena is not alone in saying this) than a large part of the responsibility falls on his own shoulders. Anyone wishing to argue for either party should at least be willing to consider the different sides of the issue if they want to make a convincing point.

If all BS discussion could be as unobjective and reasonable as this- instead of endless, baseless, viciously defended opinionation- it would be much easier to get a legitamite debate going. And maybe, we might actually gain some interesting perspective from those we don't agree with, instead of just feeling insulted.

Thanks for being a fellow grounded Mathis supporter who can see this guy for what he is- a very good player, w/ very good pontential who will have to work very hard to be an exceptional player.

12. fusion101

fusion101 Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks lachrymologist. Mathis is my favorite player in all sports. Yet, like you, I relize that he has to make some major improvements to his game. One guy who I cant wait to see in WC 2006 is Donovan (who gives his all no matter if his team is down 3 goals, or if it's just a friendly).

13. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001
    If Mathis and a Hurricane got in a fight who would win?

But wait, the Hurricanes name is Mathis.

Mathis, would he fit better in MLS, EPL, Sere A, etc.

Where do you ppls think he would fit best?

14. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    that was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen written on BS. Try not to suck during your next posts.

15. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    DITKA!!!!!!!!!!
    No wait....Landon Donovan would come in and score a goal while Mathis and the hurricane named Mathis sat on the bench with a mohawk.
    Or....Mathis and the hurricane named Mathis would both tear their ACL and lie on the ground in pain. THEN Donovan would score his goal (assisted by run DMB)

16. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001
    trick question

Ditka would win.

Da Bears Da Bears

adam tash repped this.
  17. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001
    Mathis

I would love to see him play in the EPL.
    Agree? Disagree?

18. kidgrifter

kidgrifter New Member

Mathis, more bark than bite.

19. ChangeT

ChangeT Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Chicago
    If Mathis is Gawd..

Can he create a soccer ball so big that he can't kick it?

Discuss....

20. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    When is the man going to play again. Hopefully this week, no?

21. chris_e1981

chris_e1981 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    Mathis is soon going to be worth nothing if he doesnt stop getting injured. Lets face it his value has gone really down since all of these injuries.Do you think other leagues will look at someone who cant get into shape and play more than 4 games without getting hurt...."mathis is god?" yeah right stop kissing his ass.

22. kidgrifter

kidgrifter New Member

Thank you. I still don't see why people like this guy so much. He's good. not great. He needs to change his attitude and work ethic.

23. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001
    Shaddup.

Bump

24. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    So does Ronaldo.