Loyalists meeting 11/9

Discussion in 'Salt Lake Supporters Clubs' started by blitzzfan, Nov 7, 2004.

1. blitzzfan

blitzzfan Member

Jul 25, 2000
    St. George, UT
    Look for an email with info about the upcoming Loyalists meeting.
    If you did't get it make sure you are on the list by visiting theloyalists.com/index.htm and clicking the JOIN US link.

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    how the meeting go?

3. dysko

dysko New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After it happens, we will let you know, but seeing as you posted at about 12:15 am Salt Lake time we haven't managed to get people together in the 15 minutes we have had today...

Just a note, if you enter on the West Side of the building we will be in one of the rooms on that floor.

If you don't enter on the west side, you will very quickly become confused and may never find us. The building is easy to get lost in, so I would recomend using the west enterance.

(For those who are dirrectionally challenged, that is the side that is facing the valley.)

4. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Which parking lot should we park in?

5. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Also, is the building to the North of Rice Eccles Stadium?

If I take TRAX, should I get off at the 1790 E South Campus stop?

6. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The pregnant lady will bring the food! Any requests?

7. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    This should not happen tonight, but at some point; we have to make green jello with carrot shavings & Funeral Potatoes for Pastorino, Fitzgerald & Ellinger; you know, we should get them used to Utah.

Also, am I going to have to pay to park? Are there parking meters that I need coins for?

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is some addition directions and info about the meeting:
    Probably to most correct it would be across from MUFA, in-between Huntsman & Eccles.
    Here is a map of the area. It doesn't show the Huntsman Center or the Institute building.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...4112-0350&search= Search &searchtab=address

Ast. GM/marketing guru Trey Fitz-gerald is confirmed to attend the meeting. He will take part in the meeting. He may be open to a Q/A.

The Loyalists has be registered with the State of Utah as a non-profit and has a bank account. Attendees will be able to pay their $15 membership dues that will run until the superdraft of 2006.

9. blitzzfan

blitzzfan Member

Jul 25, 2000
    St. George, UT
    No charge for parking.
    I've never taken TRAX past RES so I'm not sure when it would be best to detrain.
    The carpark sort of wraps around the building. Park into the west and enter through the big glass doors. If not you may need a gps unit in that building.

10. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since there weren't any requests, you're stuck with sugar cookies. I'm even going to try to make them soccer-themed. :D

11. blitzzfan

blitzzfan Member

Jul 25, 2000
    St. George, UT
    I'd like soccer-themed sugar cookies. Mmm.

Well, I logged in at work; guess this year is shot now.

12. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Earlier today when everyone was asking questions, I thought, "Blitzzfan is working and dysko is probably sleeping... So unless blitzzfan logs in from work....."

I figured you were on a lunch break.

13. 4everBlowingBubbles

4everBlowingBubbles New Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Pickles and ice cream?

14. rsl neil

rsl neil New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    Layton, UT
    What happens at these meetings anyway?

15. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yick! The very thought makes the pregnant lady feel sicker! :eek:

16. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to blitzzfan again.

Hilarious. At the last meeting I entered through the East doors and indeed got lost for like 20 minutes. I suggest going in from the West side too. That is really cool we'll have an RSL exec there, everyone start thinking of good questions now so we don't ask stuff like "so... we gonna score a lot of goals?"

17. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ask Trey about the Hankinson sacking, the possibilty of Balboa being our enemy and what he thinks of San Jose still being around next year.

Oh and ask him some RSL questions too!
    PS Talk about the Real Challenge, our Loyalists spanish website and who do we make the checks out to for the Loyalists dues!!!

18. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why, do you want Hanki as your assistant coach? Ask him how bad you're going to lose to Colorado next season. :)

19. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had a very productive meeting tonight. There were about 18 people in attendance, I believe, including Trey Fitz-Gerald, the Senior Director of Marketing at RSL. I took five pages of notes, which I will make available in bits and pieces over the next few days. All the notes pertaining directly to the Loyalists will be available within 24 hours if all goes well.

We also received a lot of information regarding the team in general from Mr. Fitz-Gerald. Those notes I'd like to summarize into a better structure and then email them to Mr. Fitz-Gerald to confirm that the information is accurate before making it public. Of course, this may all become available before then by the DesNews reporter who attended the meeting. My notes should be more comprehensive than a newspaper article, though, at any rate.

If it was earlier in the evening, I'd post information tonight. :)

20. Lucky13

Lucky13 New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    SLC
    Thanks to Montgjules for what were really good "soccer themed" cookies and for taking such good notes (I want to sit by her for the test).
    Also to Glenn and Dave for all their legwork in getting us organized, to Scott and "insert name here" for the great artwork and to Trey for taking the time to include the Loyalists and help keep us informed.

This is really getting fun!

21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad we had some turn out. I was afraid with the late notice we wouldn't get that many ppl. Thanks for taking notes Jules. Now some of us remote fans can know whats going on.

I heard that there was more Loyalist logos besides Scott's. That true?

22. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it was fun for me to take the notes because it took me right back to the old journalism classes in college... trying to pick out the things that are most important to be remembered later, trying not to get distracted from actually writing SOMETHING at other times, etc.

23. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Scott took some pictures of the other logos, so you'll be able to see them soon. They were designed by TheCup (sorry, I forgot the real name...)

24. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    We had a great meeting last night, watch for info on the Loyalists website soon. We went over some matters for about an hour and then Trey Fitz-gerald filled us in and answered our questions for about another hour.

Thanks to Jules for the cookies, they were great. If I were smarter I would have picked up some drinks before I headed up there, but I'm not so I didn't. Thanks to Jules also for taking notes with her laptop.

I did take the other logos I had come up. Everyone seemed to like them and I think we decided on one of them (the dragon logo) to go on our T-shirts. And we decided to keep the current logo thats on the website to remain as our official logo.

25. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Yeah the logos were really cool, good work Cup (Gary right?)... I think the dragon one would go great on a shirt and I definitely think we could incorporate the rest in various ways. Maybe the dragon symbol on the front and one of the shields on the back? I'd also like to make a flag out of some of those. Anyway good work, they looked great.