Lower Swiss Divisions [r]

Discussion in 'Austria & Switzerland' started by RobtheAggie, May 11, 2013.

1. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they lost their work permits, they would need to leave the country to work , or join a "Professional League" ie RSL/BCL. With the end of the Transfer window this needs to get cleared up really soon.

2. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An update on the contract situation at Servette. At the heart of the issue is the fact that the ASF looks at the Promotion League as a professional one. The Federal Work Office in Bern does not. So different work permits are required, and harder for foreigners to obtain.

Paulinho is leaving Servette. He can not get a work permit.
    Ousmane Doumbia looks to be in the same situation and on his way out as well.
    As for the youth players:
    Jeremy Guillemenot, a 16 year old has expressed that he will not resign with Servette in the spring, so Basel has offered 250,000 CHf for him right now. If nothing is done, he will be able to sign for free in January to move in the summer of 2016.
    Dereck Kutesa, a 17 year old forward, looks to be on his way to GCZ. With Kutesa, a deal looks close where he will transfer to GCZ, but be loaned to Servette so he can stay in familiar surroundings and get playing time.

3. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Promotion League
    FC Koeniz 14
    Cham 14
    Servette 13
    Rapperswil-Jona 12
    Tuggen 12

4. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
  5. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite leading the Premier League Servette and Kevin Cooper have parted ways. He is on his way to Wil. It is not described as a firing. William Niederhauser - Thierry Cotting will lead the club until the break.

6. Arrows

Arrows Member

Vitoria SC/Belenenses/Aarau
    Portugal
    Oct 29, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wil!? Really? How is that a step up? Surely Wil are not a "Massive Club" (as the Brits always point out every club appears to be in the UK). I guess Wil are closer to the Super League at this time than Servette would be but Wil won't overtake Lausanne so I don't see the point.

7. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the same thing.

8. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Wil has two things going for it: A legitimate shot at promotion and an owner who cares.

Lausanne isn't all their cracked up to be right now. They're at the top of the league, but they, much like every other team in the Challenge League, give points away way too easily. That race is far from over, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wil went on to win the league.

9. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that the Challenge League is up for grabs. Still I wonder what the sustaining power of Wil would be if they were promoted. I think that there has not been a more muddled Challenge League season in a while.

As a Servette fan I am a little sad. Servette should win promotion to the Challenge League, but they will need a better coach for the attempt at promotion next season.

10. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Wil would be one and done in the Super League. I think whoever gets promoted this year will go right back down, Lausanne included.

11. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Vaduz seems to have established a team that manages to stay near the bottom, but seems to win just enough. FCZ, as poor as they have played, had incredible turnover this summer. They should be fine. I can not really see any CL team staying in the RSL for more than one season.

12. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Vaduz is a really strong team given their resources. They might never finish better than 8th, but they seem equipped to stay up. FCZ has had such an historically bad start, but you figure that they'll put it together after the winter break. That leaves Lugano, but even they have been finding ways to win. I think it will come down to Vaduz and Lugano to go back down, but I think any team coming up from the Challenge League is automatic contender to go right back down as soon as they come up.

13. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cooper's contract is until 2017.

14. dhatch

dhatch Member

Oct 25, 2005
    I will be in Geneva from Sunday 11/15 trough friday 11/20 (AM). Are there any home games that week for Servette? I always like to see home games when i travel to places.

15. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    They are at home against Old Boys on the 15th, so you're in luck! I don't know if they're still playing at the Stade de Geneve, but Rob should have that info since he's the Servette supporter.

dhatch repped this.
  16. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are still at the Stade de Geneve. Nice place. I would only expect around 1k for the match. You might want to check their website. Last season, the last match before the winter break in 2014 if you brought a unwrapped gift you got a free ticket. It was a real nice deal. We sat in the main tribune, about 20 rows up and gave a gift that cost about $8.00. The ticket on face value was 35CHF. They played Schaffhausen and drew 1-1. One of my students thought the center referee was really hot and another one when she is frustrated now says "Hopp Schaffhausen!"

IASocFan, KensingtonSC and dhatch repped this.
  17. dhatch

dhatch Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Thanks. I also just found the home game on 15th vs. old boys. It looks like it starts at 3 PM (swiss time), which works out perfectly. I looked up available seats online but it looks like mail is the only option for ticket delivery. I see a bunch of front row center tickets available but I guess i will have to wait until i get to the stadium to buy them.

18. dhatch

dhatch Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Also, tickets are CHF 25.90 for front row in Tribune Principale section. I don't mind spending the money since its a work trip and everything else is paid for. Thanks again. Is it close to the train station??

EDIT: I also found a print at home option and purchased the tickets :)

IASocFan and RobtheAggie repped this.
  19. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gar...241e6848afce!2m2!1d6.1274623!2d46.1778419!3e3

Directions from Cornivan to the Stadium.

dhatch repped this.
  20. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I cannot stop laughing at this. This is so great.

21. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best thing is that no one has any idea what it means.

22. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a very uninspired match Servette draws with FC Sion II as they give up a goal in the 93rd. They are tied with Cham for the lead. In the Last 4 matches they are DWLD that is 5 points out of 12. That is not good enough.

23. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I'm more shocked that Cham are doing this well than I am Servette not running away with this.

24. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Cham play is surprising that is for sure. I think that Servette will turn it on in the 2nd half. Often times good Premier League players are purchased during the winter break by BCL teams. I do not think that Servette will lose anyone that way. They also have the funds to bring someone in.